Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
BriCo84

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT w/RS
Help! Fieldgoal00/Oracle/AAC 4 channel box remote does not work

I will try and make this short and sweet.

I purchased fieldgoal00's wireless DRL harness with LED indicator a while back and have had troubles with it from day one. He doesn't seem to be around anymore so I'm hoping the community can help me. The issue is the 4 channel wireless box which is actually a AAC/ORACLE product. I cannot get it to function properly and I am on my second box already. Please if anyone else has had trouble with the remote of this unit please let me know how you fixed it.

This is basically what happened. After a lengthy install of the new unit and wiring of everything and rechecking everything 10times over this is the problem I am still having. I currently have 2 remotes. 1 that came with the old unit, 1 that came with the new unit. I have a replacement battery for one of them (bought at radioshack, the exact kind of battery 27a 12v), the other has the original battery. if I try the one with the new battery the trigger light (red light) on the remote itself lights up no problem. If I try the remote with the original battery it lights up dimly then eventually not at all (like it is dying). This is the conlcusion I have reached after countless times of switching the batteries. It doesn't matter which remote I use, only which battery is in it.

The one with the new battery will NEVER work correctly. I can press a million different times, a million different ways, from a million different spots, it will not operate the box.

The one with the old battery works, but infrequently becqause the battery is dying. It will work but then I cant use it again for like an hour because the battery is dead.

So I am left with a big dilemma here. Please advise on what to do.

The best I have come up with is programming 2 of the 4 buttons into the built in home remote in the car. This was very hard to do as the signal dies quickly on the remote. I could not program the other 2, they dont seem to work long enough, and even so I would still have one channel that never works and I have now used up my built in home remote which i didn't want to do.

Please help, this has become extremely frustrating.

FYI, this unit was water sealed, and this is how it worked from the second it was hooked up, still inside the installers garage. So water damage is not an option
Old 01-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I attempted to PM fieldgoal only to find he could not get PM's. I emailed him directly and thought that he never responded back. Today I did get intouch with him and he informed me he is currently blocked from getting on this site. He informed me he is currently on another site. Just my .02 worth.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
the upcoming

Drives: 10'2SS/RS,94'toyoda,02'vette
I'm not reading the short story but I do know he is on moderncamaro.com if nothing else find him there
the upcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
NVMYSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I let my husband know and he has contacted both of you via email.
NVMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
BriCo84

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT w/RS
Hey guys, just wanted to comment on what the others said. Fieldgoal00 was banned from this site (seems to be a common trend these days...hopefully I won't get banned just for pointing it out).

In any event, he contacted me shortly after this post and has been working with me to resolve the situation. We are still not 100% sure what the problem is, so if anyone has any other ideas I would like to hear them. But he is sending me a new remote free of charge and HOPEFULLY that will fix the problem. If anyone else is interested in knowing, he is a very good person to do business with. This is not the first time he has helped me even when he hasn't had to.

Last edited by BriCo84; 01-20-2011 at 01:42 PM.
BriCo84 is offline   Reply With Quote