Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #71
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
From what I know I fried o2 circuit should throw a code.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #72
Nutbutt

Then again the tune could mask it ?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
well the snow came...guess the diagnostics will have to wait until spring

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #74
Nutbutt

Just got a tweak to my tune for the readiness codes to be allowed to run. Since most states don't use these for emissions or any other checks they were left clear. Once again the guys at IPF came through for me in a pinch!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #75
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
thus why i'm hesitant to get my shorty headers i keep hearing way to many horror stories.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #76
Nutbutt

I wouldn't say these are more than a slight inconvinience. The guys at IPF can get you tuned to any new mod and back it up with fast turn times ! I wouldn't hesitate at all.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #77
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Just got a tweak to my tune for the readiness codes to be allowed to run. Since most states don't use these for emissions or any other checks they were left clear. Once again the guys at IPF came through for me in a pinch!
are you saying that the tune made the not ready systems go ready?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #78
Nutbutt

Yes, most tunes do not use the Bosch file so these tests will never be statused as complete. Most states do not have the requirement to have the readiness tests completed. They just run a real time emissions probe. (if they even do this)
This is one of the IPF benefits, they modify off the original files. I have been told Trifecta does not modify off the original file so I can't say if the readiness tests are mapped in the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
are you saying that the tune made the not ready systems go ready?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #79
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Yes, most tunes do not use the Bosch file so these tests will never be statused as complete. Most states do not have the requirement to have the readiness tests completed. They just run a real time emissions probe. (if they even do this)
This is one of the IPF benefits, they modify off the original files. I have been told Trifecta does not modify off the original file so I can't say if the readiness tests are mapped in the software.

Then thats great news. been stalling on this whole thing as I wasnt sure the tune could do that plus have been real busy past two months as hurricane sandy did some major damage to my home and did not know if i was going to have the funds to spend on the car. I better pm IPF.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #80
Nutbutt

These are the readiness test in the OBD data, not lights. In Ma. and CA. they look at these indicator with the obd scanner before even testing the car. If not set they won't test your car and fail your inspection. As I said I don't know if these test are mapped correctly in the trifecta tune since they do not modify the original Bosch files.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #81
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Well as of today one more test completed compared to when I looked and posted my last picture.

Old

New

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #82
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

its more than likely a problem in the tune....thats preventing the monitors from becoming ready....no way did i NOT drive it enough over 3 months time

come spring im going to datalog the tune and send it back to trifecta for analysis...along with the readout from the iOBD2 that ill have in about 11 days

if the tune is causing my car to not pass state inspection so i can drive the car legally...to me it is their obligation to find out why and fix it...because the computer was fine before the tune

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #83
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

I can tell you I tried with Vince and he saiave d thier was nothing he could do its the way the LLT motor is. I beleive however that a true tune should be able to change / fix things in the car and thats my problem with trifecta, I like the product but I think he could have made it better. I just think he doesnt have the time. SO I purchased the IPF tune based on another member who stated the tune made the system go ready

I have driven the car 1000 miles over a two month period with no luck. Vince says its not the tune. I passed before with the tune when I had solo hfc and my stock manifolds, but now I cant becuase I have LT and I disconnected the battery numerous times doing work. I have no cell , car runs great, and vince sees no leaks , no issues, fuel trims are good , afr are good so very frustrating
Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #84
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

so the IPF tune didnt allow the readyness?

how can he say its not the tune but its the motor?

the monitors are fine before u start messing with the program....

i even tried to open the tune to see the code...no idea what he uses to write it...but from another computer programmers point of view...the code is written in such a way that is preventing the monitors from working as they should