Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Awesome New Exhaust Systems Being Developed By SOLO PERFORMANCE

Hey All,

I have been up here in Ontario Canada at the home of SOLO Performance Exhaust, for a whole day as we put together a few systems for the Camaro SS and LT (coming soon). These guys are awesome and are really into perfection. I have never seen such care and ingenuity go into make things so perfect. There were several times today when I was ok with things, but they would not stop at anything less than perfect.

Solo Performance is a high performance series brand of Zoro Muffler up in Canada. Zoro has been in business for 30 years and have an excellent reputation. Check out how many bays they have.......great place.

So the first system we worked today was an axle back system, removing the mufflers and using specially designed resonators in place. These resonators are specially designed by Zoro for max HP and Torque. When they have been dyno'd in the past they have really been strong in the HP and especially the Torque department.

Tomorrow a Full Cat Back with a center mounted X-Pipe / Muffler all in one with straight pipes to the rear. Another piece specially designed by SOLO. Cannot wait.

Well the Butt Dyno said it al today....... My Camaro went from sitting you back in your seat to THROWING you back in the seat and potentially with wip-lash involved...........just kidding, but serious power increase.......and the sound..............I stopped at the chevy dealer to show them and their head mechanics exact words were "WOW, that sounds like the Z06..alot". Now that is testimony. And that was only the Axle Back.

Anyway, these systems will be available soon. I will keep you all informed. I cannot tell you price yet because the owner is still nailing it down.......all I can say is, you will all be happy.......very nice!!

Look at how involved they got to get perfect alignment, even pulling out the levels and ladders to see while on the lift. Note the fitment and polished resonators......sweet. You hardly can see them from the rear, but what little you do see looks sweet.

Final Pics, Prices and VIdeo's coming soon........you will not be disappointed!!! These will be available to ship anywhere reasonably.
Attached Images

Last edited by Xmicro_SS; 09-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
i am staying tuned for sure !!!!!

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
gtbaldini

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS LS3
Looking forward to it.
gtbaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Check out some early pictures. These are not finished product, but you get the idea.

I will get a description from the designer of the resonators, but there are no other ones like these out there. All I know is WOW.....The Sound and power increase. The beast has been unleashed!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Paul...they look great. I hope you are having a great time in our shop in Buffalo, NY. The crew there are a truly professional bunch of guys...top notch. Paul and I will be selling these on this forum, so please PM either him or I with any questions you may have. Final pricing will be announced soon.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Skyrunner

Drives: 2010 imperial blue Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Paul...they look great. I hope you are having a great time in our shop in Buffalo, NY. The crew there are a truly professional bunch of guys...top notch. Paul and I will be selling these on this forum, so please PM either him or I with any questions you may have. Final pricing will be announced soon.
Buffalo NY , were abouts ? I live in Buffalo and would be real nice to hear these.
Skyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
paulunited
paulunited

Drives: 2010 2ss silver
Same here
paulunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Ha my mistake...Paul is in our Canadian store at:

Zoro Discount Muffler
130 Centennial Pky N
Hamilton ON, L8E 1H9

We have another shop in Buffalo, NY where we fabricate and ship from. That address is:

Mufflerman
3311 Delaware Ave.
Kenmore, NY 12417
(716) 873-0440

These will not be ready at the shop for at least 2 weeks. Please call for availability!

All I am going to say is that the preliminary results from Paul are amazing!! I will let him tell you the rest!

Keep in mind, the Axle-Back and full Cat-Back with Mach-X Resonator are for 6.2L SS Manual. We want to make sure the automatic has the same exhaust setup. If anyone has a picture of the automatic exhaust setup, please post it for us. We will have a V6 exhaust kit very soon. We have a V6 coming into one of the other shops next week!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Hey Guys, awesome day. I have to get up super early and drive home tomorrow. I will catch up tomorrow with awesome news, descriptions, and exciting results!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Continued on this thread!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41041