Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #29
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Thank you for the feedback.

Did you disconnect the negative on the battery while you did the install of our CAI? The reason I ask is that your car would have had all the fuel trims adjusted to the other cai, and when you installed ours there would have been a new learning curve to adjust to for the computer. So the small increase in HP from one to another would have been noticed over a course of a few days or what not. Basically even though the difference in HP gains would have been minimal, you never got to feel the full difference at once, and therefore didn't get the full effect of the switch.

Going from one intake to another, most will not to notice a world of difference making the switch. You are literally talking about a change of 1-3 hp, something that you are most likely not going to notice from the butt dyno.

Something else I would like to point out is that both CAI's should have been sealed, and therefore pulling air from the same place. So the volume of air you engine was pulling should have been the same. I am fairly confident the "difference" that you were unable to notice from the switch was not disconnecting the battery during install, only because I have had this exact conversation before and that was the outcome.

Hopefully that information sheds a little light on what may have been the culprit in you not noticing the performance increase you were hoping for after making the switch. But like I said, going from stock to CAI a difference can be noticed pretty easily, going from one CAI to another the gains may be to minimal for you to notice from behind the wheel.

Thank you for giving our CAI a shot.

Thanks Bill. I did disconnect the battery and drove with it for a little over a month. I wanted to make it work since it looked great but it just didn't make sense considering what I felt and the price difference between them.

In all, I'm glad I tried it. It put things in perspective personally.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #30
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Hmmm, that's interesting. I can not think of any logical reason to feel a decrease in power, especially in the throttle response area, other than something installed wrong or the battery thing I already mentioned. I can understand not noticing a difference between the 2, but to feel a drop in your acceleration doesn't add up to me. Unfortunately this is one of those instances where there is no way to find out why, but I wish I knew, because it going to drive me crazy wondering what the issue was!

Well, enjoy the Camaro man, and take care
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Going from one intake to another, most will not to notice a world of difference making the switch. You are literally talking about a change of 1-3 hp, something that you are most likely not going to notice from the butt dyno.
So the "performance" difference between the K&N and CAI is 1-3hp
There has been so many threads on this my head is spinning

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fullgarage View Post
So the "performance" difference between the K&N and CAI is 1-3hp
There has been so many threads on this my head is spinning
I don't know what their exact gains and data are so really can not comment on that. But in general, from stock to a CAI is a noticeable difference, from one CAI to another CAI (less adding a scoop, tune, etc.) many people would not notice the difference in power, that is the point I was trying to make.

There are a lot of people who say that they can tell a difference after making a switch, and there are those that say they can't, like most things in life it differs from person to person. That being said, track times, fuel trims, IAT, and other things will and can improve when making the switch to a better designed CAI, especially when factoring in other mods, especially a tune. So the butt dyno isn't the only reason to switch from one CAI to another.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #33
Camaromax
Young Grasshopper

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS "MH"

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS "MH"- *BBK Performance Cold Air Intake*Granatelli Motorsports Axle-Back Exhaust*Plasti-Dipped Wheel Trimmings, bezels and Bowties*LED interior lights*Eagle Eye Headlights
Camaromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #34
Stephen.Zazilenski

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS Camaro
This is awesome
Stephen.Zazilenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:34 AM   #35
VE WAGON

Drives: holden ve v6 SIDI 3L
My LF1 Otr
Attached Images

VE WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #36
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Chicken anyone? Fresh made in my CAI!
Attached Images

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #37
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
Your and idiot!

CAI is one of the best cold air intakes on the market for the V6 & V8 Camaros right now. You brought them up in your comments and CAI has every right to respond to your stupid remarks.

Enjoy getting flamed by all the other C5 members...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #38
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
CAI intakes all the way!
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #39
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Your and idiot!

CAI is one of the best cold air intakes on the market for the V6 & V8 Camaros right now. You brought them up in your comments and CAI has every right to respond to your stupid remarks.

Enjoy getting flamed by all the other C5 members...
I'm "and idiot"?
Try proofreading your comment and not being an ass to fellow C5 members.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #40
JDG1LE

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Your and idiot!
I don't care what anyone says, that right there is funny.
JDG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:13 PM   #41
VE WAGON

Drives: holden ve v6 SIDI 3L
CAI is crap compared to OTR
VE WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #42
fraklyn1904

Drives: 2012 v6 lfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselvdeve don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro

Whats wrong with giving info on his product and trying to answer peoples question? I personally have this intake and it really is a GREAT product. Very well built with the highest dyno numbers over every other system on the market. You can tell alit of research and development went into this system!
fraklyn1904 is offline   Reply With Quote