Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Exclamation ***San Antonio Photoshoot! Tower of Americas @ 9am, 11-22-09. BE THERE!***

UPDATE:

We have been granted permission by Dave Bartell, whom I understand to be in charge of all operations, events, and is the security director for the Tower Of Americas and Hemisphere Park, to have our 9am photoshoot at the base of the Tower of Americas.

THAT'S RIGHT, Camaro5! We have permission!

Now, everyone is going to need to be on the same track with this.

We meet at the back entrance to Hemisphere Park off of Bowie street. This is basically behind the convention center at the Tower of Americas parking garage. Right behind the security booth is an entrance where we will be granted admission to the private property to park our cars around the Plaza and tower. Dave has his team member by the name of Emilio who will be standing by allowing us entrance to the grounds.

Dave said he will have Emilio ready to open the gates for us beginning at 8am, but I told him we would try to show up no earlier than 8:30am. I think if we arrived between 8:30 to 9am, we would all be fine.

There is NO CHARGE to set up for this event. However, there is one rule that must be followed at ALL TIMES. THERE WILL BE NO HORSEPLAY IN OUR CARS. No peeling out, no stupid, idiotic actions or we will ALL be removed from the park and will NOT be welcome back. I repeat, we will NOT put up with any stupid stunts what-so-ever. If you want to act like a moron, do that on YOUR time. We are representing a great community and we will do so with RESPECT for Dave and HIS operation. If you can not follow this rule, DO NOT COME OUT WITH US.

Also, if you have Camaro5 shirts, wear them! We'd LOVE to see as many people as possible sporting their Camaro5 attire.

We have NO time limit. We arrive, get set up, take pictures, and if we are enjoying ourselves, we get to stick around (might want to pack up a few lawn chairs just in case). So, if there will be a drive afterwards, we either need to set that up, or maybe hold off on the drive for another day. I have a route drawn up by Sway, a member who does a Solstice drive every year. I, personally, think a drive might be a good idea for another day...just because this might end up taking a while if we are having fun.

This CAN be a yearly event...same date...it's up to us. The Tower of Americas already hosts 3 other car clubs and shows there on their grounds. So, this is not a new idea to them. They are happy to "set this in stone" for us, if you will, so that we may be able to have our "car show" held here every year.

NOTE: The San Antonio Auto Show will also be running concurrently with our Sunday morning meet and photo shoot. The auto show is literally being held only a hundred feet away in the buildings lining Hemisphere Plaza. So, we might end up getting a nice crowd around the Tower. If you are concerned for your Camaros safety, leaving early won't be an issue...DO NOT TOUCH signs can also be placed on your windows around your car after the photoshoot, etc. This will be a first time event, so I don't exactly know how all of this will pan out.

However, these are the plans as of now.

Meet at 8:30am to 9am by the parking garage and you will be shown in. Bring a chair and your camera...

I WANT TO SEE EVERY PERSON IN AND NEAR SAN ANTONIO COME OUT!

The import crowd brought 60 cars to their show this year at the Tower of Americas.

LET'S BEAT IT! EVERYONE around San Antonio, bring out your 5th Gen Camaro to show by the Tower of Americas!!!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Texas Cop

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro
You can count the iwfe and I in!!!
Texas Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Sweet! This should be a blast. I'll be there. Count me in!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
ajs69cam

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great Job TAG---- Bern and I will be there--- AJ
ajs69cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I bet we could make front page if we get enough people... Let's go!

EVERYONE! EVERYONE! EVERYONE!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You know I'll be there I'll bring my camera, tripod, and the usual Longhorn folding chair.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I need to go get a tripod for my camera. It's a 12 megapixel and takes GREAT shots...but darnit if sometimes they get blurry.

I just pm'd about 25 people. Hopefully we get a good reply back here. I want everyone in and around SA to come out.

BTW, the "stingray concept" will be a short walk away inside the auto show along w/ a dyno display motor from GM. Just FYI in case there are any that want to check out the auto show.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
U-DA-MAN!

Doug,

You are DA MAN! I'm in!

I think you're right about putting off the drive for a separate get together--especially since the car show is on. I know I'm going to want to wander over and take a look-see. Maybe we can swap out shifts and keep an eye on each other's cars.

Anybody know how much tickets are for the auto show (and where to get them)?

Dudes (and dude-ettes)...I'M PSYCHED!

Let's DO this!

Cheers,

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I need to go get a tripod for my camera. It's a 12 megapixel and takes GREAT shots...but darnit if sometimes they get blurry.
Like I said, I'll bring my tripod, so if anyone wants, they're more than welcome to borrow it. I may go drop by Best Buy Friday afternoon and pick up a monopole too, just for the heck of it.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
cool i will be there
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

My buddy from high school does professional photography. I'm going to give him a call and see what all comes with the $100 "sitting fee" he quoted me on facebook
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
My buddy from high school does professional photography. I'm going to give him a call and see what all comes with the $100 "sitting fee" he quoted me on facebook
i will chip for that
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
ShAgMaN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS SIM
I'll be there!
ShAgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
louperrault
Former 2010 owner :(

Drives: 2011 Siverado C/C
We will be there...my wife and I were going to go to the auto show anyway The cost by the way is $8 PP, and there is a $1 off coupon on thier website
louperrault is offline   Reply With Quote