Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
2Intense

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
Chrome Cost?

I want to have my tower strut brace chrome plated. What should something like that cost? I am going to ask a couple of shops but I wanted to see if anyone had a feel for costs when it comes to having something chromed and I would like to avoid being taken for a ride as this is something that I know absolutely nothing about (as in ->"Sucker" written on forehead and visible a mile away).

Welcome some advise...thoughts...etc.?

2Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
What he said
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
If you are talking about tbe OEM brace you can polish the center section to a chrome like finish yourself for a few dollars. i did mine but i don't have a picture on my tablet but there is one in my build thread. i sanded it with 600, 1000, then 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper if i remember correctly. Then i polished it with Mothers mag and aluminum po!ish using the white pad that came with my Porter Cable XP7424. You can polish by hand if you don't have a machine but it was a !ot easier and faster with it since i already had it.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
OP -your in California, so honestly your in the area that has best prices on chrome plating. It is not cheap to get chrome plating done for people like us anymore that just want one or two items done due to law changes on chrome plating processes. Parts you see chrome plated for sale typically were done in large batches by the manufactures so the cost is less for them. Your better off polishing yourself like Zandron said. I have polished a lot of parts on my car and the first one I did was strut tower brace. Its easy to do...Just takes time and a little elbow grease. The second option is there is a company on Ebay that does sell OEM chrome car parts at random..I think the seller is a chrome plater. Hope this helps.