Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #29
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Good Lord, 90 bucks should be a break....

10 over in FL is 180
15-25 is well over 200.

in my neighbor hood and the surrounding ones have had so many speeding complaints just 1 over it 400 and 5 over is 800.and thing past ten i THINK is 1000..that last one is just what ive heard tho
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #30
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
MYOLD88,

91 in a 65. If you are in VA things might have turned out a bit different. You know..Virginia Hospitality and all! I was thinking we might have experienced action such as this chasing EDOG down Rt 95 to Camaro Fest.

LWM ( additional Mods to ZL 550 and loving it)

LWM
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
I got caught on I-87 in Champlain NY just before crossing the CDN border(500 FT) doing 70 in a 55. First speeding ticket in more than 15 years or so... No luck for me....I have to sign it and mail it in and then I get the Fine by mail.
Do you think if I went to court it would be better off
If you have time always go to court! 95% of the time I have gone to court the penalty amount was reduced and the points are dropped. I got so many tickets with my first car growing up I thought, well if I just pay them right away I'm good.......wrong as hell. At one point I had 14 points in DC and the limit was 7!!

The woman presiding over my hearing when she suspended my license pulled me aside after my hearing and told me "boy stop paying all those tickets right away, always go to court because half the time the officer won't show or we will at least drop the points....never just pay the ticket....and you may want to drive like a normal person too" I'm telling you I have seen some of the funniest crap and dumbest people in traffic court in DC, it's entertaining as hell!

I once drove to Hamptov VA, (2-3 hrs ride) to fight a speeding ticket, 73 in 55, and the cop didn't show in court and everyone that was there for a ticket from this cop had their cases dismissed. When the judge announced this in court the place went wild cheering!!! The judge starting slamming his gavel and threatened to cite all of us for contempt...I am almost died from perma grin going back up the road.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #32
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
what happened to the good old days,when a speeding ticket was $15.00,no matter how fast you were going.
Were you driving a Model T or horse and carriage?
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #33
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
I got nailed doing 88 in a 55 6 days after taking delivery, luckily he only wrote me up for 70, $175 fine...
Where in Illinois is 15 over $175?? By state law, that is a $75 fine, unless you did court supervision/traffic school. Here, that would have cost $150, with court supervision and the fine.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #34
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by black396 View Post
I too, was a lucky dog. Returning from Daytona, I passed a PU that was driving somewhat erratically, and speed up-slow down. The Sheriff got us both.

I could not find my insurance card, to add to my problems. After a fashion, I rooted thru the glove box and located it, about the time the deputy returned.

He sez, You can show me the card, and I will change the ticket from "no insurance" ($10) to speeding, ($159), if you wish.. The fellow in the PU is not so lucky, I am taking him to jail, no D/L, etc.

I donno if God drives a Camaro, but He does not drive a Ford PU, with a PR flag hanging from the rear view mirror.....
So... because you couldn't find your insurance card, he wrote you a $10 ticket INSTEAD of the $159 speeding ticket? Maybe I'll pretend to lose mine the next time I get pulled - its worth a try...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
Mark25

Drives: 2001 Corvette, 2006 Mustang GT
RickWay...there are plenty of speeding ticket lawyers who will (for a small fee of around $500) get you off with "malfunctioning turn signal" violation instead of the speeding ticket...these lawyers know both the judges and the law enforcement folks...everyone wins, including you not getting points and your insurance company won't stiff you on your next payment...it's just a fact of life...money talks and B.S. walks...
Mark25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #36
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
If you have time always go to court! 95% of the time I have gone to court the penalty amount was reduced and the points are dropped. I got so many tickets with my first car growing up I thought, well if I just pay them right away I'm good.......wrong as hell. At one point I had 14 points in DC and the limit was 7!!

The woman presiding over my hearing when she suspended my license pulled me aside after my hearing and told me "boy stop paying all those tickets right away, always go to court because half the time the officer won't show or we will at least drop the points....never just pay the ticket....and you may want to drive like a normal person too" I'm telling you I have seen some of the funniest crap and dumbest people in traffic court in DC, it's entertaining as hell!

I once drove to Hamptov VA, (2-3 hrs ride) to fight a speeding ticket, 73 in 55, and the cop didn't show in court and everyone that was there for a ticket from this cop had their cases dismissed. When the judge announced this in court the place went wild cheering!!! The judge starting slamming his gavel and threatened to cite all of us for contempt...I am almost died from perma grin going back up the road.
First of all I have to mail in my plea and then I just wait for them for a court date!!!!
When I show for court will they appoint a Lawyer or do I have to get one before?

Any Lawyers here..
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set

Last edited by RickRay; 06-15-2010 at 03:06 PM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #37
yellow5thgen

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Where in Illinois is 15 over $175?? By state law, that is a $75 fine, unless you did court supervision/traffic school. Here, that would have cost $150, with court supervision and the fine.
I really miss the days of court supervision that saved me a lot when I lived in Illinois. Where is southern Illinois do you live?
yellow5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #38
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
Jeezz guys.....i cant believe how many of you have been let off or got ur ticket reduced lol, yall must live in small towns where the cop probably has never seen a camaro and just pulled you over to admire the car. I wish cops in bigger cities weren't such a-holes. I havent been pulled over yet (in the camaro at least) but did get the satisfaction of peeling out beside a cruiser as i entered the on ramp of a highways as he went a different direction.
Yea it is a good thing all those "a-holes" are constantly pulling you over strictly because of your camaro and not that you might drive like an a-hole yourself....

Oh wait...those a-holes aren't bothering you. What a bunch of dicks
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #39
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
First of all I have to mail in my plea and then I just wait for them for a court date!!!!
When I show for court will they appoint a Lawyer or do I have to get one before?

Any Lawyers here..
Get a lawyer first...most can represent you without your presence and have points removed / fine reduced. However, most cost approximately $50 per citation (at least in FL) and cannot guarantee you win the case. Chances are much higher with one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
So... because you couldn't find your insurance card, he wrote you a $10 ticket INSTEAD of the $159 speeding ticket? Maybe I'll pretend to lose mine the next time I get pulled - its worth a try...
I work in FL as well..I hate writing high fine citations during this economy, so personally....yea, if you don't have your insurance or registration I would much prefer to cite for that statute and let you complete the "fix it" stipulation.

I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction though, I know alot of cops who will hammer you for both....I guess all I can tell you is gauge the officer
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #40
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
We must have a deal going on in Ohio..... my last ticket was in 2005 and I was nailed at 47 in a 35.... $120.00
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #41
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
Every day on my drive to our shop I pass the Mansfield police station. I keep waiting for one of them to pull me over.

Today I wasnt paying attention to my speed (the limit is 45 through there) and I was going at least 55, and wham.. there was one waiting. Would you believe he just WAVED AT ME! .. not like waving to pull me over, but like "Hi .. nice car" kinda wave.... hehe
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #42
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
Jeezz guys.....i cant believe how many of you have been let off or got ur ticket reduced lol, yall must live in small towns where the cop probably has never seen a camaro and just pulled you over to admire the car. I wish cops in bigger cities weren't such a-holes. I havent been pulled over yet (in the camaro at least) but did get the satisfaction of peeling out beside a cruiser as i entered the on ramp of a highways as he went a different direction.

lol, think about it.... the ones that got arrested for doing much more than that probably don't have access to the internet

helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote