Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quirk Chevy in NH (Sort of a rant)

Don't know if anyone has dealt with them? I have never dealt with them personally so maybe they are a little different.

Currently I'm on the look for a 2LT Imperial blue with the RS package. After doing some searching at the Chevy website I found that there are only 2 in the area (5 total imperial blue 2lt (the other 3 are not rs, but have sunroofs) both at Quirk in NH. Rather than driving the hour and a half up there to buy it from them I decided to see if I could get a dealership down here to make a trade with them to get one so I could get it better serviced down here.

I first went to Hurd, but Simon just go their Chevy dealership back and being closer I decided to see what kind of things they could do for me and what kind of deal before going back to Hurd. I went there this last Saturday and talked to the Owner and Sales manager and asked them both what they could do. They said they would have to wait until monday (yesterday) which is when they would be getting all their info to get back on the GM website. So I gave them all my info and what I was looking for and they told me by noon they'd call me back.

Well I called my dad yesterday at noon and they had already called back and said that Quirk would not part with either car for a trade, and basically told the sales manager point blank "if he wants the car then have him come up here and buy it from us". They called other dealers to see what they could do and most would trade cars with them, Qurik was the only one that wouldn't.

Now I understand that the Camaro are hot right now and its difficult to part with them, but both cars according to the website have been on the lot for 120+ days, and they have two of the exact same car. Simon was willing to trade, and I think buy the car, but they wouldn't budge and according to the sales manager was pretty rude overall.

I never dealt with them in person so this could be an issolated incident, but I would have thought they would be a little more accomidating to other dealers. Simon isn't that big and therefore isn't much competition (Quirk says they sell over 400 cars a month). Unfortunatelyif if I want the car that I want, I will have to go up there and deal with them directly (which is something I rather not due, but in the end may have to).

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with Quirk, and if so how were you treated?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Go somewhere else. They probably won't move on their price.

You could order one.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I live near them and ordered my 2LT RS from them the end of Feb. It is supposed to be built next week.

I got a great deal from them $100 over invoice. On ebay they were trying to sell an RJ SS they have. Also on the EBay ad they said they were selling all in stock Camaros for under invoice.

Your car is sitting on the showroom floor in New Hampshire, I checked it out, sat in it. So at least it hasn't been sitting outside.
rjcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Go somewhere else. They probably won't move on their price.

You could order one.
I thought about ordering one, but I was told that if I was to order one I wouldn't get it until June or July when the '11s come out. I probably go up there sometime this week/weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcamaro View Post
I live near them and ordered my 2LT RS from them the end of Feb. It is supposed to be built next week.

I got a great deal from them $100 over invoice. On ebay they were trying to sell an RJ SS they have. Also on the EBay ad they said they were selling all in stock Camaros for under invoice.

Your car is sitting on the showroom floor in New Hampshire, I checked it out, sat in it. So at least it hasn't been sitting outside.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering since you've seemed to have dealt with them, how is there service? I hope that not to many people have sat in it . Do you know if any of them (there should be two) were used as a test drive car? Just want to know what I'm might be getting myself into.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I thought about ordering one, but I was told that if I was to order one I wouldn't get it until June or July when the '11s come out. I probably go up there sometime this week/weekend.

Thanks for the info. Just wondering since you've seemed to have dealt with them, how is there service? I hope that not to many people have sat in it . Do you know if any of them (there should be two) were used as a test drive car? Just want to know what I'm might be getting myself into.
Since I haven't got the car yet not sure how their service is.
I called my sales guy to get the mileage on the one I saw, it's 6 miles.
They do have the second blue one as well that they just got. My guess is it was at their MA dealership and was moved up to their NH dealership so if that's the case and they drove it it's going to have a few miles on it.

Both have Silver Stripes on them.

Also you can talk to my guy, he's young but easy to deal with. His name is Jim Bain, his cell phone is 603-703-6582.

I'm going up on Friday, if you happen to be going up that day let me know.

Dave
Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Havok

Quote:
Since I haven't got the car yet not sure how their service is.
I called my sales guy to get the mileage on the one I saw, it's 6 miles.
They do have the second blue one as well that they just got. My guess is it was at their MA dealership and was moved up to their NH dealership so if that's the case and they drove it it's going to have a few miles on it.

Both have Silver Stripes on them.

Also you can talk to my guy, he's young but easy to deal with. His name is Jim Bain, his cell phone is 603-703-6582.

I'm going up on Friday, if you happen to be going up that day let me know.

Dave
Thanks a ton for the info. When you say silver stripers do you mean the hockey stripes or the stripes that are on the hood, because if they are on the hood that is exactly what I want.

I usually go up to visit my sister who lives in Boston on fridays, so if I get out of work early I'll probably swing by, otherwise I'll be going up on saturday morning. Thanks for the offer and I'll definitly ask if Jim is there when I go, and if he asks I'll let him know it was you.

Thanks a ton on the info. Really apprechiate it.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
I thought about ordering one, but I was told that if I was to order one I wouldn't get it until June or July when the '11s come out.
Not true, you can order 2010's until some time in April. Someone on here just ordered their car and got it in 21 days....so you can get an ordered car within a few weeks.....providing your dealer has an allocation for your order. If NH has the car you want, just go there and buy it. You can bring it to ANY chevy dealer for service.....once you pick up your car, you don't ever have to go back to NH again.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
Havok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Not true, you can order 2010's until some time in April. Someone on here just ordered their car and got it in 21 days....so you can get an ordered car within a few weeks.....providing your dealer has an allocation for your order. If NH has the car you want, just go there and buy it. You can bring it to ANY chevy dealer for service.....once you pick up your car, you don't ever have to go back to NH again.
I was told they are stopping orders on Apirl 31st for 2010s, and that they will start making '11s in July.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
I was told they are stopping orders on Apirl 31st for 2010s, and that they will start making '11s in July.
Actually I think the cut off date is April 10th....If you order after April 10th, you'll get a 2011.........that still gives you a couple weeks to order a 2010, they'll be making the 2010's until the first week of June.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
this late in the game, I would opt for the 2011..

Newer year model = less depreciation
New features that the 2010 doesn't have
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the info. When you say silver stripers do you mean the hockey stripes or the stripes that are on the hood, because if they are on the hood that is exactly what I want.

I usually go up to visit my sister who lives in Boston on fridays, so if I get out of work early I'll probably swing by, otherwise I'll be going up on saturday morning. Thanks for the offer and I'll definitly ask if Jim is there when I go, and if he asks I'll let him know it was you.

Thanks a ton on the info. Really apprechiate it.
Sorry yes they are the dual stripes on the hood and trunk.

So you might see you up there if not good luck!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
this late in the game, I would opt for the 2011..

Newer year model = less depreciation
New features that the 2010 doesn't have
True I thought about this as well. But you can also look at it in that in all likelyhood higher sticker price with or without additional features. Also in some states car registration fees are based on year of car so it might be a little cheaper to register a 2010 vs 2011. Plus if you order a 2011 now you won't see until July or Aug the good driving months for some of us.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
Havok

Quote:
Sorry yes they are the dual stripes on the hood and trunk.

So you might see you up there if not good luck!
Thank you that is exactly what I want. Me and my dad are supposed to go to the Quirk in Braintree to see if we can deal with them instead of going up to NH to cut down on some of the driving (We are RI'ers anything past an hour takes to long to drive and we'll need to stop for lunch), but I have the feeling we will probably end up in NH.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #14
rjcamaro
312 HP

Quote:
Thank you that is exactly what I want. Me and my dad are supposed to go to the Quirk in Braintree to see if we can deal with them instead of going up to NH to cut down on some of the driving (We are RI'ers anything past an hour takes to long to drive and we'll need to stop for lunch), but I have the feeling we will probably end up in NH.

Did you go see the dealer today? I was up there today and saw both blue ones. They also now have an orange and a white one now.