Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
ARRGGhh Daughter got Drunk again.

I really do not know what to do with my 17 year old step-daughter. Caught drinking again. Second time we have caught her, I really hope my wife comes up to bat this time and ground this child till she is 18. I am tired of her just coming and going and doing whatever she wants.

Well this time I found out where the party was and have the police involved. Since I do alot of work for them I am wanting ever kid at this party parents involved. It was at a house and the parents in theory are out of town. I hope they punish this kid or I am going to press charges.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Jeeze man, between steph's puppies and now this, you can't catch a break lately! Maybe she's lashing out because of all the attention steph got during her illness?

Hope you guys can work it out man, but I was a bad kid at that age and I turned out okay (just ask pq). My dad was always waiting for me with some early morning housework when I went out partying. Cleaning a 100* garage with a hangover taught me a few life lessons
Old 08-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
HMMMM exactly what I was doing at 17...

doesn't make it right though... good luck.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
If it were me, three strickes and your out. Did it once, and i would not hesitate to do it again.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
If it were me, three strickes and your out. Did it once, and i would not hesitate to do it again.
Amen baby!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
wow that's sad. i don't understand why kids get into drinking
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah what sucks is some of the parent of the people at the party are like they are kids that just what they will do. I am like WTF, what if we where all at the hospital watching a sheet pulled over your kids head.

They are more worried and mad that the police are involved and that there kid may get questioned by them. I almost wish they would lock them all up for a weekend and scare these kids straight. Then they tried to pull the guilt game on me how I ruined my daughters senior year since everyone in school is going to hate her.

Well every action has a reaction, this is the second time we caught her and god only know how much she has done we do not know. Personal I hope her moms keeps her grounded for a long time so this kid will learn. Unfourtanetly she is already posting on Facebook how she can't wait to go off to college next year and get away from us.

Last edited by Scott@Bjorn3D; 08-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
should involve the school also, probably a 0 tolerence for anyone on the school sports teams. Let em learn the hard lesson early when it doens't matter as much. Plus they can step on the drug n alcohol information lessons.

Id also inform social services of the parents who think its no big deal.

Even might see if the local media wants to get involved.

All 3 of those will make seme hate you even more but you may stop a future drunk driver who kills someone or a whole family.

Last edited by 2ndgenz28; 08-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Scott I know your pain!!! My second daughter was the same way and to make it worse, when she was 15 she would ask to stay at a friends house whose mother was a teacher at our school. I would call to make sure the parents would be home and they would say yes so off she would go. I didn't find out until almost 2 years later that this friends mom and dad were supplying booze and pot for all the kids (they through teenage partys EVERY weekend). Any way, she was grounded alot and I always tried to explain why it was wrong to be doing this and I always thought it was in vain but once she graduated she decided that she was moving out because she no longer wanted to live by our rules. I helped her move into her new home and 3 months later she told her younger brother, "What ever you do, stay at home as long as you can and follow mom and dad's rules, this really sucks having to pay for everything, I don't have any money left over to do any thing like I did at home!" With in 6 months after moving out she told us how sorry she was for all those years of putting us through all that and that she finally gets what I had been telling her. That was over 10 years ago and she has a 5 year old son and a daughter on the way due in December and we get along GREAT!!!! Keep doing what you are and give her love too, she may not seem like it but she really does like you to show her love even though you feel like you are at each others throats all the time. Get her through school and then make her get out into the "real world" where she has to provide for herself!!!! She will wake up fast!!! Oh, I always made my 3 kids have a job @ 16 years old and two of them actually had a job at 15 and my son did a lawn mowing service with his friend at 13 and continued that through 16 when he got a "real" job as he stated it. Keep your chin up, it will work out in the end when she is grown up.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
Ok, I can tell your frustrated. If your wife isn't going to help you then your hands are tied.

I do remember that the worst feeling in the world is to sweat alchohol. If it was me I would make her sweat alchohol every time she did that, such as yard work, weeding flower beds, car waxing, cleaning the garage, or sweeping the driveway.

I remember a friend of mine that hauled hay with us on a hangover. We thought he was going to die. At least he made is seem that way.

Good luck man, Raising kids is tough.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I really do not know what to do with my 17 year old step-daughter. Caught drinking again. Second time we have caught her, I really hope my wife comes up to bat this time and ground this child till she is 18. I am tired of her just coming and going and doing whatever she wants.

Well this time I found out where the party was and have the police involved. Since I do alot of work for them I am wanting ever kid at this party parents involved. It was at a house and the parents in theory are out of town. I hope they punish this kid or I am going to press charges.
That sucks, and you're right to be worried. But keep in mind, this too shall pass.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Scott,

Keep doing what you're doing. Out here in Kansas there was recently a local tragedy when a couple "cool parents" were throwing a party and a ton of kids were there and drinking. The parents let some kids LEAVE (yes, drinking and driving) to go pick up another kid and on the way back, the driver (drunk) missed a stop sign and smacked nose first into an embankment on the other side of the ditch (on the other side of the road), flipping the SUV. The kids weren't wearing seatbelts and the driver was Dead on the scene, a second one didn't get out of the vehicle in time as it burst into flames and died, and the two others that some other kids DID manage to get out are still pretty messed up. I haven't heard what happened to the parents, but I imagine that they're in some serious legal trouble.

My kid isn't "out of the 'chute" yet, but my wife and I are already committed to being good parents, not necessarily the "cool' parents. Relay this story to your kid if you want. Sometimes, they need to see/hear what happens when they don't want to act responsibly.

Best of luck!

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I have two Daughters. One is 9, the other 11. Stories like Scotts give me acid reflux!!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Yeah what sucks is some of the parent of the people at the party are like they are kids that just what they will do. I am like WTF, what if we where all at the hospital watching a sheet pulled over your kids head.

They are more worried and mad that the police are involved and that there kid may get questioned by them. I almost wish they would lock them all up for a weekend and scare these kids straight. Then they tried to pull the guilt game on me how I ruined my daughters senior year since everyone in school is going to hate her.

Well every action has a reaction, this is the second time we caught her and god only know how much she has done we do not know. Personal I hope her moms keeps here grounded for a long time so this kid will learn. Unfourtanetly she is already posting on Facebook how she can't wait to go off to college next year and get away from us.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. Mark Twain

It's not a popularity contest, stick to your guns bro.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote