Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
what color should i paint my car?

i have a SW 2lt rs with a pretty little scratch and ding on the right side, i have to paint the whoooooooole car so it is color matched, i cant deal with having mis-matched colored panels.... what color do you think i should paint it? i was thinking matte white with a matte black roof and rims....i know you older guys despise the thought of matte, but gimme your more "distinguished" and "experienced" opinions..... and BTW, the PRIUS that caused the damage, his insurance is paying for it....i hate prius's!!!! here is what it looks like now

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108169

i might be trading it, i might be selling it, because i am going over seas to college in a few months, but my brother might buy it off of me so i definitely want to paint it.
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
My advice to you is that since you might sell it in the not to distant future.....return it to the current stock color. That way, your buyers pool will be much bigger.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I'd paint the scratched and dinged side white. A painter that can't pull that off looking awesome, shouldn't be touching the car.

I've seen painters blend in sides on some very difficult to match multi stage, diamond whites, and turn out perfect. Sometimes they have to paint the whole side. But I've never seen one where they had to paint the whole car. And that's on the more difficult paints, a regular white should be a piece of cake.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I'd paint the scratched and dinged side white. A painter that can't pull that off looking awesome, shouldn't be touching the car.

Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
My advice to you is that since you might sell it in the not to distant future.....return it to the current stock color. That way, your buyers pool will be much bigger.
Absolutely. Stock color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post

I've seen painters blend in sides on some very difficult to match multi stage, diamond whites, and turn out perfect. Sometimes they have to paint the whole side. But I've never seen one where they had to paint the whole car. And that's on the more difficult paints, a regular white should be a piece of cake.
I agree with this, too.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I agree with what everyone above has said but if you don't care about affecting the potential sell value of your vehicle, I vote hugger orange. I just like that color.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I also agree if your going to be selling it, just put it back to stock. Or if ur bro is def gonna buy it paint it how he wants it. I am surprised the insurance is gonna let u paint it however u want it.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Find a painter that can match factory paint. I can't believe your even talking about spending that kind of money when a good painter can match it for a fraction of the price.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
blakechase

i know you all think stock would be best but..cmon...matte white is sooooo sick, or is that just my 17 yr old eyes looking at it?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
blakechase

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I also agree if your going to be selling it, just put it back to stock. Or if ur bro is def gonna buy it paint it how he wants it. I am surprised the insurance is gonna let u paint it however u want it.
it was either i could get a new paint job and pay for my deductible or just get it fixed and that side painted and have the deductible covered
Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
blakechase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
I will be very impressed if you can get an insurance company to pay for painting an entire car. Unless you have some injury money that you are going to be using to offset the increased cost.
hahahah i think my brother's (that was sitting in the passengers seat) neck is killing him....
Old 10-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
hahahah i think my brother's (that was sitting in the passengers seat) neck is killing him....
I guess I should have left my comment. I deleted it since you answered the question.

I was thinking of the injury payment because the guy that sat next to me at work got a decent check for injuries. Granted it was a motorcycle accident so he hurt his wrist and walked with a limp for awhile.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
beware!
If a shop says they can paint the rest of the car for the amount of your deductible i would be very afraid. You cannot do a quality repair for that amount of money. Well unless your deductible is about 8 grand LOL
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
There is a whole bunch of color that is not on the outside either...door jambs, inside trunk, engine compartment, bottom of the hood...