Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Shouldn't be any glue or residue if you use good quality tape, just remove tape and maybe give it a quick once over with detail spray.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I've never had any residue when I used that method. Even with high temps it peels off easily, with no tack left over.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
is this going to be a judging of how clean the car is or actually judges on the looks of the car. not saying the car can be a filth box but many of us drive many hours to get to the show and its near impossible to get the car white glove clean
Doug's answer was a good one.

Everyone will be driving many hours to get there. This is one of the reasons we shifted the show from Friday to Saturday...it will give people time all of Friday and Saturday morning to clean off their cars.

For what it's worth....I drove in on Thursday last year....and when I got there, I had a bottle of waterless wash...1/8 of the bottle later, and about an hour in the parking lot, the car was near spotless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramac-SS11 View Post
I hope the car show judges will be checking out the Camaro's on Friday night as well, so some of us with light mods get an even chance. Mine don't show up very well during the day, but at late evening and after dark they are very cool. I know there are many other Camaro guys with them as well and we should get the opportunity to show our stuff! Just saying, something to consider. See ya there!!
I'm sure those who are judging will be looking....but I very much doubt they'll remember who's who.....and to keep things as fair as possible, official judging will only occur between 11 and 1 on Saturday.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Just my $.02...

A car that's filthy that hasn't been wiped down at all is not very likely to win an award from us, a company that sells products to make your car clean.

That being said, this isn't a Concourse level show, so white-glove clean isn't necessarily a requirement. It can't hurt your cause though.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Just my $.02...

A car that's filthy that hasn't been wiped down at all is not very likely to win an award from us, a company that sells products to make your car clean.

That being said, this isn't a Concourse level show, so white-glove clean isn't necessarily a requirement. It can't hurt your cause though.

My 3 1/2 year old daily driver will be as clean as I can get it after the 125 mile (I know, short by comparison to alot of people coming in) trip to the show. This will include inside and out, engine bay and wheels wells (as good as I can reach) but I hope they're not going to lay down on the ground with a flashlight and run thier hands on the underside of the sideboards (or whatever you call them), etc. I've seen that done at shows before.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
There is a great do it yourself Car Wash right next to a White Castle that you can take all your Adams Products to and get her cleaned up. I'll dig up the address. Went there last year and it was a very nice one with air dry and took credit cards.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #21
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Great question for Joe. Personally, I don't see why not. But then again, maybe he's got some reasons as to why they might not be?? I'll get Joe on it.

I would say yes. Again, a question for Joe.

But after judging cars myself, I will tell you this... When you see 20 CLEAN...like, I mean SHINING cars and then you come across the guy who didn't bother to clean his wheels, wipe down the windows, vacuum the carpet, go over the car with some detail spray, let me tell you....when one judges, they look at everything. The car next to you is spotless. They wiped down everything. Then yours (not necessarily yours) has the dirty wheels or one of the other things mentioned above, one is obviously going to get more points over the other.

I saw one of the most gorgeous Caddies at one of our all classes shows here in SA. Car was I think 4 years old. Low miles, great paint. Dude didn't bother to wipe anything down when he got there. I was floored.... You enter your car in a CAR SHOW and you didn't bother to wipe down and detail spray your paint?? Your wheels? All I could think of was, "what were you thinking??" And it WAS a great looking car. But the fact was he was entering it in a car show and didn't bother to clean it.

One main point. Everyone is going to have to drive TO the show. It's going to get some dust on it. And yes, EVERYONE'S cars will have dust here and there. If ALL of them aren't wiped down, then if I was judging, I'd judge them all the same. But if 90% were immaculate clean, they'd get better scores than the guys who came in and parked them. And again, that's me. WE, the mods aren't judging. But if the guys who are are anything like us at our shows, yes...they will need to be wiped down.
i mean of course it will be clean as possible after driving 900 miles from home. im just honestly sick of these white glove car shows i daily drive my car yes it might have a slight imperfection or 2 but to have a car that doesnt look nearly as good as mine win over me because the owner keeps his car in the garage 24/7 and only drives with its sunny and 80 is just annoying lol
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
i mean of course it will be clean as possible after driving 900 miles from home. im just honestly sick of these white glove car shows i daily drive my car yes it might have a slight imperfection or 2 but to have a car that doesnt look nearly as good as mine win over me because the owner keeps his car in the garage 24/7 and only drives with its sunny and 80 is just annoying lol
The judge won't know who's a DD and who is a garage queen (and even if they did, it won't matter to an unbiased judge) so yeah, it stands a good chance of happening, unfortunately. Two of the exact same car, same mods and all, if one has a rock chip or two because it's enjoyed and the other doesn't because it sits in the garage, chippy isn't going to win. My advice: get Dr. ColorChip now and use it liberally and get ready to bring all of your products with you and do a full correction once you arrive.

My only concern is that there are only winners and no 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Kinda rules out Mr. Average Joe with a clean car and basic mods when Mr. Deep Pockets comes in with his rolling work of art (brought in on a trailer from out of his garage no less).
Current: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary (#350)- 12.22 @ 115mph
- MX0 8-speed automatic, CF5 power sunroof

Former: 2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph

Order: TMFF65
1100 - 5/19/16 | 2000 - 5/26/16 | 3000 - 6/1/16
3100 - 6/6/16 (TPW 6/20) | 3300 - 6/9/16
3400 - 6/10/16 | 4200 - 6/23/16 | 4300 - 6/28/16
5000 - 6/30/16 | 6000 - 7/1/16

Club F1FTY
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
The judge won't know who's a DD and who is a garage queen (and even if they did, it won't matter to an unbiased judge) so yeah, it stands a good chance of happening, unfortunately. Two of the exact same car, same mods and all, if one has a rock chip or two because it's enjoyed and the other doesn't because it sits in the garage, chippy isn't going to win. My advice: get Dr. ColorChip now and use it liberally and get ready to bring all of your products with you and do a full correction once you arrive.

My only concern is that there are only winners and no 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Kinda rules out Mr. Average Joe with a clean car and basic mods when Mr. Deep Pockets comes in with his rolling work of art (brought in on a trailer from out of his garage no less).
This. But, I guess there's really no way to create a completely level/fair playing field for shows like this. I admit it's mostly jealousy talking but it is a little frustrating to realize that there are more than a few peeps on here with pretty much unlimited budgets to whom spending, say, $12,000 for the install of a chromed supercharger or whatnot is virtually a minor expense.
That's why I'm trying my best to be realistic and am not expecting to win anything but rather I am really looking forward to just taking part and getting to see a crap load of amazing Gen5's, which, where I live, are pretty rare (modded ones, anyway).
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
I thought the same thing, for as many cars that this brings in, it would be nice if there were atleast a mild/wild category with 1-3 respectively. That way gives more people a chance to take something home with them.
That's just my .02 cents.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
You guys are taking this WAY too seriously!

Clean up your car, have it looking the best you can, and enjoy the weekend. Don't get so wound up about whether you win an award or not.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #26
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
You guys are taking this WAY too seriously!

Clean up your car, have it looking the best you can, and enjoy the weekend. Don't get so wound up about whether you win an award or not.
Here's the 2nd half of my last post on the whole topic from above; no way am I expecting to win anything nor would I know what to do with a car show plaque/trophy if I ever do at some smaller local event:

Quote:
That's why I'm trying my best to be realistic and am not expecting to win anything but rather I am really looking forward to just taking part and getting to see a crap load of amazing Gen5's, which, where I live, are pretty rare (modded ones, anyway).
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
30thss057

Drives: 1997 30th Anniversary Camaro SS #57
I apologize for this being my first post on this forum.....not to sound like I am scraping money from the couch cushions, but does anyone know what the entry fee is for the show? I am only planning to be a spectator at the other events, but would like to put my car in the show.
30thss057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30thss057 View Post
I apologize for this being my first post on this forum.....not to sound like I am scraping money from the couch cushions, but does anyone know what the entry fee is for the show? I am only planning to be a spectator at the other events, but would like to put my car in the show.
Once your in the facility after paying $20.00 to be a spectator...you'll have full access to the vendors alley, car show, and Chevy Ride-n-Drive! No extra charges (except food) at the Camaro5 Fest.