Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #43
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
That won't help with exhaust restriction. That just controls the flaps in the muffler to divert the exhaust gas through different chambers. I believe he was saying if you put headers or high flow cats you can do that to quiet the exhaust down some because the stock exhaust gets quite loud after those changes are made.
exactly what i meant cam99
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #44
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
Well I am bring the car to Matt Sorian, Weds. Morning around 10:30 am. Hopefully all goes well.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #45
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
Awesome buddy! I think you will be pleasently surprised! You're in good hands with FSP!! Don't forget to post your results!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #46
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
So where to begin?. Mrvenicess, Thank you so much for the great referral to FSP.

Matt Sorian, sincerely is great at what he does. The ecm tables from the
tune I got at powertech performance were a mess.

My car was getting 9 mpg whether it was on the highway or not, and the engine light kept coming on, Now that Matt has personally re-tuned the car, I am getting average 19mpg on the highway!, and 15 mpg city!.

no engine light yet and I have a feeling it never will come on again.

Power feels great for the extremely conservative modifications that I had done.

Matt, got a best pull of 520 rwhp. He gave me the graph from the final one which admittedly the car was a little heatsoaked, but I wanted the graph from the last pull. 507 rwhp and 522 rear wheel torque. Also this dyno is considered to be "the heartbreaker type" not a generous number giving dyno machine. the Id850 tables were all messed up, as the previous tuner told me, he used his own numbers. lol. Matt had access to complete table bases of id850 injectors which he entered in, along with the his experience of where the a/f ratio and timing should be at a/f is now @ 11.4 at wot and timing is 19 deg. previously the a/f was set at 11.9 and timing was 23 deg. Well I am extremely happy with Matts work.
from what Matt told me typically a stock Zl1 has about 440 - 460 rwhp,
So I got somewhere around a 60-80 hp gain. with great fuel mileage.
also has a max boost of 13.5 but on average it was 12 psi. If I remember correctly. Well Matt has my vote of confidence. Also talks to you as though you are a human being not as I was treated like at the other place. I could tell the whole story and complete experience that involves some very true and gut wrenching stuff with power-tech, but I am going to avoid the details and the drama, and just say Matt is the go- to - guy.
Attached Images

Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote