Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #43
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
good meeting you man! car is looking good!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #44
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
Looking good man!! Keep up the good work...
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #45
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Well I finally switched over and got Oracles 6000k HID kit for my car. OMG I can finally see now. I noticed that they still have the same beam pattern as factory so the lights aren't shining up into some ones face. They are much brighter than stock and the color is spot on white with barely a hint of blue. I also ordered the BI-Xenon style so I didn't lose my Hi-Beams. It pretty cool how the hi-beams work. It appears to use a magnet and a return spring. On low beam the bulb is forward in the socket, but when you hit the hi beams the bulbs retract into the socket via the magnet and return out when you go back to low. They didn't come with very good instructions for the install but all the connectors are one way so you cant get them wrong. I have noticed that for some reason when the lights come on when I unlock the car that the right side doesn't come on but after I start the car it does. I know that the ballast is a smart ballast and will shut down if it detects a problem at start up to prevent any major damage but IDK. But over all a great kit. With never messing with one before I was able to install it in less than an hour but if knew what I was doing it would have taken much less time.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

I just installed my MRT V1 w/ Cerakote (black) tips and I love them. There's a little drone but nothing turning the Vol. up to 14 won't drown out.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #47
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
It should mellow out after some miles

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #48
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well I installed LED Glows 4 Piece Million Color Pro SMD LED Kit and there 6 Piece Million Color Underhood Kit. I started with the interior kit it comes with the control box, remote control, 4 12" SMD LED pieces, and related wiring. The kit is real easy to wire. I put two pieces under the front footwells and put the other two under the front seats facing the rear footwells. The control box just has a red (+) wire and negative (-) wire so that's simple and has two outputs that support up to 4 12" pieces each. The pieces from the control box use USB style wiring and daisy chain together and the kit comes with more than enough wire for the car. The control box is small I hid it under the center console near the driver seat and use the remote to control the system, it uses a basic 4 button system. It can be bit confusing at first to control but you get it after playing with it a few minutes. Over all I like the system it has plenty of color control features and is simple to install and puts out plenty of light for the interior.

Now the underhood kit is basically the same. A control box with remote except the remote is the only way to control the system and one Pos. (+) wire and one Neg. (-) wire and a small ant. wire. The LED pieces are 6" long and water resistant but the control box is not I used some silicone and sealed any where I thought water could get in. The LED pieces have there own wires at standard length. The wires could be longer I was barely able to get the piece to connect to the box from near the air cleaner to underhood fuse box where I mounted the control box. I was able to mount two pieces on the fire wall each on one side of the motor facing the exhaust manifolds, one above the radiator facing the engine, one in the CAI box and the other two I mounted to be grill lights. This system is much more basic than the interior kit. The only control functions are to cut the system on and off. One button to go through the colors and preset light changing/flashing settings sequentially and two other button to change the speed of color change and flash modes. I think to fully light the engine bay all six would be needed, but the way I have it set up works pretty well. Over all I wish the system had better color control features and more wire to mount the LED pieces but for the money not a bad system.

I am happy with both systems, the underhood kit could use some work but not bad. I had read reviews that the remotes range suck but I could stand 10' away with the doors shut windows up and the hood shut and operate both systems just fine so the remote seem to work well. As soon as I can figure out how to post videos I will.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #49
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Live the build. LS here also so have the same mods going in as well. I want to do grill and engine lights next! Maybe ill need some help!
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #50
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Had the guys at Emblem Pros hook me up with with some more custom badges for the hood. The badges turned out great and exactly how I wanted them. The only problems I had were my own fault I had them make them out of acrylic for the color I wanted which made them a bit more flexible but did make them conform to the hood well. I also had them made a bit bigger than they normally made them which may have been too big. But they were made exactly how I ordered them and I think they still look good.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #51
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well its been awhile and ive changed a few things up. I have changed the front bumper to a stock SS front end, installed IDEALG's clutch master cylinder and added a reservoir for just the clutch and added Katskin Leather orange inserts for the dash and door panels. Im loving the new master cylinder it completely rid the Camaro of the gear grind issues.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #52
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Looks good!

How much were the engine compartment lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #53
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Around 40 I think from a company called Led Glow. Pretty good stuff for the price
Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #54
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well i guess this build thread ends here. On 1/17/2014 I let my Camaro go. Sence in the next year or so I will be getting married and moving into a new house the payments had to drop down a bit to make it easier on me. I will get another Camaro one day and build it to be epic. So here's the last pic i had of her. But until I get another Camaro I will make due on building my new (to me) 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Attached Images