Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-03-2023, 12:39 PM   #1
Lamborghini1616

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Smile 2014 Camaro 2LS Key Fob Programming

Hi everyone,

I found a post about programming a 2010 Camaro key fob, but I didn't know if it would be different for a 2014 Camaro. Thus, I'm posting here to be sure.

My lock button doesn't work anymore on my Camaro so I want to buy a new key fob. Do I need to go to a dealer to program the key fob to my car? I already have a key that can start the car, since my previous key fob had the recall that removed the key from the fob. I just want the key fob to be able to unlock and lock the car.

Additionally, is there any specific website that I should go to for buying the key fob? I found a few sites, but I'm not sure if there is a difference in quality or reliability depending on where you buy from.

Finally, if I do decide that I want the flip key to start the car, do I just need to get it laser cut and then it will work after it's programmed to the car?

Many thanks,

Aaron
Lamborghini1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
102SSRSLS3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I received only one fob with my 2010 and it was getting pretty ragged. I had had good experience with the cheap Amazon fobs on a Honda Pilot (programmed myself), so I bought a couple for the Camaro. They weren't very good quality, but I gave them a go. I read a ton of forum posts with all sorts of procedures and voodoo and never got any of them to get my car into "program mode."

I decided to go to GM Parts Direct and bought two GM OEM fobs (not that much more expensive) - still no "program mode."

After hours of reading and trying different methods, I called the local dealership - they charged me $50 and it took less than an hour.

Last edited by 102SSRSLS3; 06-15-2023 at 05:47 PM.
102SSRSLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 2ls, fob, lfx, programming