Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
2010-2013 Reverse Light Question?

Ok I just came across this photo and it looks like the reverse lights are placed vertically next to the license plate... Which camaros came like this? And I've also noticed on the phastek site that the reverse lights they sell go in the diffuser, but there are no slots next to the license plate or between the back up sensors where they usually are... can anyone explain these three options...? Thanks in advance

Pictures for reference...
Stock, or at least what I'm used to seeing:

Phastek:

Near license:

Another:

I found something about Tjin series or something but nothing for sure...
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
First pic is how stock is!

Second pic is an option to add the reverse lights...you will have to cut holes in the rear diffuser to make fit! They obviously had body work to cover where the original slots were!

The last two pics are the same car but with different wraps on it...it again was a custom rear bumper. He must of filled them...like bondo and then painted over them. Then cut the slots near the license plate and made them vertical.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
First pic is how stock is!

Second pic is an option to add the reverse lights...you will have to cut holes in the rear diffuser to make fit! They obviously had body work to cover where the original slots were!

The last two pics are the same car but with different wraps on it...it again was a custom rear bumper. He must of filled them...like bondo and then painted over them. Then cut the slots near the license plate and made them vertical.
So basically body work and cutting parts is the only way to do it?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Yup! Trust me...I think it looks sick! After researching it, Too much money for me just to move the lights.

The 3rd pic must be a OD Green Paint job...its to shiny to be a wrap. The last pic is probably a wrap or maybe just matte paint job, but pretty sure they are the same car.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
Yup! Trust me...I think it looks sick! After researching it, Too much money for me just to move the lights.

The 3rd pic must be a OD Green Paint job...its to shiny to be a wrap. The last pic is probably a wrap or maybe just matte paint job, but pretty sure they are the same car.
Yeah it's the same car I'm 99% sure, they also moved the exhaust to the sides later on with dual tips and got a diffuser with no outlets, like the one you can find on gen5diy.com. Not sure if I like that exhaust but I really like the reverse lights by the plates... I don't think I'd ever mess with it unless I got in an accident and needed a rear bumper. Then I'd have no choice but to mess with it to make myself feel better
Old 02-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
Rear diffuser is different between the last two pictures.
1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
Rear diffuser is different between the last two pictures.
They just modified the fake vents, probably covered them up or something. Same car, same ground effects... with modifications