Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Rock and Rumble (Part 1, Rumble) SLP (Long tubes/Powerflow x Pipe/Powerflow axle back

This last week, to compliment my axle back Powerflow system, I installed the complete SLP exhaust package.

The install was done at T and T Performance in Frederick Maryland http://www.tandtperformance.com , the SLP dealer I purchased the system from. This system is first class. No more adaptors as its 3 inch end to end, and all bolts together with no customizing. Their Powerflow X pipe assembly actually includes Polished SS Loudmouth II bullet mufflers. You can buy a delete option if you like, but personally I like them
I’ve included a little video of the install, and later this week I hope to post some clips of the sound of the completed system.
TNT is partial to Camaro’s (there was a 68 w/blown 502 , a 69, and another 2010 the day I was there).
It took a good 3 -3 1/2 hours till they were happy with how everything lined up (this was their first SLP system, previously they had done ARH systems). The headers look great, nice shine and SLP logos on them.

The last pic shows the crossmenber cover. Dont bother, it wont fit if you go with the bullet mufflers. SLP will modify their instructions. As we found out, its not needed, exhaust fits nice and snug

We did a baseline dyno as well as ¼ runs, but have yet to get back on the dyno, and although the car is running much better at the strip, I could not get a good time on account of some shifting problems (seems like the car hits the rev limiter before it makes the shift now. This happened in both D and Sport modes).
This is SLPs quietest combination. The idle is a quiet rumble, but wide open after 3000 RPMS its sounds like a V12 and is plenty loud for me. The AFM is going to need some tweaking to limit the times it comes on. It’s definitely noticeable, and from what I’ve read, it’s going to be noticeable in any car with a good exhaust system.

Stay tuned for more video of the exhaust and then install (part 2, Rock). A good sounding exhaust must be complimented by a custom sub enclosure, and 5 channels of digital Alpine power in place of the factory piss ant amp.
Attached Images

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2

Last edited by PatrickfromMD; 09-10-2009 at 11:40 AM.
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Sweet
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
patrick thanks for giving us at t & t performance the chance to hook your new camaro up i think it turned out great and make sure you look us up when your ready to go with that cam & pro charger or maggie we will be here to help

p.s. dont forget we need to get that back on the dyno and tune that ride to go with your new exhaust system
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
PatrickfromMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsc1970 View Post
patrick thanks for giving us at t & t performance the chance to hook your new camaro up i think it turned out great and make sure you look us up when your ready to go with that cam & pro charger or maggie we will be here to help

p.s. dont forget we need to get that back on the dyno and tune that ride to go with your new exhaust system
The dealer has the car today changing the oil and re-doing the stripes.
The performance car service manager called me a short time ago saying how they love the sound.
I hear its quite a hit in the service row as they were revving it.
First mod seems to be ok with the dealer
Cold Air Intake is next, the lets tune it
I’m still researching the VVT cams right now.
You still stocking the SLP under drive pulley and Thermostat?
Got to go pick up the car now……………
***Chevy dealer, if your reading this, it’s just hypothetical, I’m not really considering any of these****

ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Has your car been tuned? If not, are you getting it tuned? Just wondering how you're going to fix the shifting issue.

If your car hasn't been tuned, why would a new exhaust make it hit the rev limter on the shifts?
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Cant wait to hear a better sound clip...if you can

Last edited by NAHURRY; 09-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Sounds great!
What effect sound wise in cab?

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
PatrickfromMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Has your car been tuned? If not, are you getting it tuned? Just wondering how you're going to fix the shifting issue.

If your car hasn't been tuned, why would a new exhaust make it hit the rev limter on the shifts?
Its not yet tuned. The plan was to tune it after a CAI. I may not be able to wait with the shifting issue.
My tuner was driving Tims car in the lane next to me, and ho had no advice to give either (though he could not hear it on acount of Tims car being so freeking loud. I though my car sounded great, but next to his, no one heard it)

I did clear the computer (and the exhaust codes went away) but have not had a chance to drive it (lots of rain). I want to have the HP tuners for myself to revert back to stock when I have to and log some runs down the track. My tuner is pretty good, but still working out the tweeking on the Autos, so I’m watching how that turns out. I have not figured out if I want the std, or pro. Do I want a wide band sensor installed to monitor, still researching that one.
Now, had I had Jeramny Formato right here, instead of where you are, I may not still be holding out. I have the GM HI PEF article. Have you been seeing him as you do tweeks, of just the one time?