Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #113
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
i bet you guys that pic of the camaro is from the usa arizona ????
Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #114
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I still don't see a bad angle though... I don't think there CAN be a bad angle taken with this car lol
I agree. I don't see it so much as a 'bad angle' as it being fuzzy, bad lighting, etc. As he stated, the bras in the front and rear still trick the eye, despite no cow spots on the body. And the fact that it doesn't have a final paint job.

This picture hasn't changed my opinion on the car one bit. It's still going to be a beautiful vehicle. (Ok, so I said I'd change the side mirrors, but I can have that done aftermarket if I really want. LOL)

MOST of the reactions I've read have been positive, or took into account the fact that it's not a good pic.

I love it. Nicely done thus far.

Now just deliver mine in Silver on Christmas Eve night with a big red bow on top to my driveway please.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #115
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let me add one more to my pile of Good comments, for Fbodfather, and the Camaro crew's pleasure of course:

I'm lovin the inverted Mohawk on the roof. If that was the only body line on the car, it would set it apart from all the other cars on the road. I see 30% of the aggresiveness of the car spouting from that single feature. And I am unbelievably happy that it has been kept up to this stage. Too many cars nowadays, (cough) Mustang, Challenger (cough):p have bland, smooth, roofs.

Oh, and although I loved seeing another pre-production shot (, I mean really loved)...Truth be told, I'm never over-excited when an 'illegal' spy shot is released. That's not cool.

one last thought...Scott, I'm shocked at you! You find it pleasing that even a bad photo of you're car has caused uncontrollable, and most likely fatal bleeding from one of our member's heads? Imagine what the official release photos are going to do to more people!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #116
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Photo I edited last night posted then removed for consideration of this site. Here you can seee all the fine details that we loved on the concept (with the exception of the contours on the roof) are all still there:

Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #117
Mr. Wyndham

I still see the mohawk in that pic. Along with all the other points of interest. Cool DerScotsman.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #118
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I still believe it's here-

On the drivers side as it should be.
+ 1, but on the top of the fender... (Sticks tongue out @ Dragoneye...)

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #119
Mr. Wyndham

okay...no more chops for Killer........:p
Old 12-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #120
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I guess I should also say that there are many of us who are just DYING to see your reactions when you first see the production Camaro.......

...........so while I'm upset that someone leaked this without permission -- I'm also elated at some of the great comments that I'm reading.......

Keep the faith!!!
Don’t worry, I'll still pee my pants and start crying the day I see the official production press release…

Faith kept...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 12-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #121
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
okay...no more chops for Killer........:p
NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Team LS3
Old 12-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #122
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm lovin the inverted Mohawk on the roof. If that was the only body line on the car, it would set it apart from all the other cars on the road. I see 30% of the aggresiveness of the car spouting from that single feature. And I am unbelievably happy that it has been kept up to this stage. Too many cars nowadays, (cough) Mustang, Challenger (cough):p have bland, smooth, roofs.
I agree, too many car manufacturers underestimate the importance of the roof of the car. Granted, very few of us will be flying around in helicopters looking down on the Camaro, but it's not like these cars are ten feet tall either. The roof of any car is visible from a standing position, and the Camaro's sloping roof will be visible even from a sitting positing.

The inverted Mohawk on the Camaro is one of my favorite features, but it's just one of the many things that make this car the object of so many dreams.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #123
NateZ

Drives: 1970 Chevelle SS454
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
For those of you who DID like the concept and Bumblebee-- you will love the production car because it's simply more svelte (Relax Charlie and Bob) than the concept.......trust me on this. (How many times do I have to say 'trust me' anyhow??????)
The 'fbodfather' has spoken. "So it is written, so shall it be done."

I trust you. I already love the car, and I know my reaction to the production version will be like the first time I saw my wife.

I actually thought the pic that started this thread was only decent at best and didn't reveal very much, so I wasn't making any assumptions. The photo is what it is -- taken in bad lighting, out of focus, at a bad angle, etc., and it's not the final production version. Still, something is better than nothing when it comes to spy photos, I suppose.

True Camaro fans like myself, that already love the car, will love the version they see in the showrooms because we've been patiently waiting for this day for many years now. Soon I will have the new Camaro parked in the garage next to ...

------------- -------------

'70 SS454 -- When The Only Carbs You Cared About Were Under the Hood.
NateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #124
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
Don't worry -- I won't blacklist you!

You are correct in that leaks get most of you very excited ...(and I'm LOVING some of the comments.....)

The real problem is that when something leaks that we have no control over, the picture is invariably a bad one..........(think of the Silver leaked photos in December of 2005....) You will recall that the Silver picture was of a 'clown-suited' car -- where each side was styled differently.........we actually had some people say "....Duuuuuuuuuude! I don't want a car where the front bumper doesn't match!!!"...........and thus, as we see with this picture -- some are jumping to conclusions that the car has gotten bigger or fatter or has been made to be much milder........ It's simply a very bad shot!

Soooooo........you're safe from the black Suburbans -- and while I'm upset that someone leaked this particular photo -- I'm elated that so many of you are so pumped!
Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear....THANKS!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #125
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateZ View Post
The 'fbodfather' has spoken. "So it is written, so shall it be done."

I trust you. I already love the car, and I know my reaction to the production version will be like the first time I saw my wife.

I actually thought the pic that started this thread was only decent at best and didn't reveal very much, so I wasn't making any assumptions. The photo is what it is -- taken in bad lighting, out of focus, at a bad angle, etc., and it's not the final production version. Still, something is better than nothing when it comes to spy photos, I suppose.

True Camaro fans like myself, that already love the car, will love the version they see in the showrooms because we've been patiently waiting for this day for many years now. Soon I will have the new Camaro parked in the garage next to ...

------------- -------------
thank you for all your kind words!

Interesting: someone asked me what it was like to drive Bumblebee around the track in Nevada -- and my reaction CONTINUES to be that it reminds me of driving my 1970 Chevelle MANY years ago! (NOT the handling -- but the view thru the windshield.......)

Sooooooooooooo--- if you're loving the view out of your 70 SS (which looks killer by the way ....) you're gonna love the Camaro!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #126
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Official release or unauthorized leak, this has generated mostly positive excitement, so personally I think, in this case at least, it's a good thing.

Save the black suburbans for the accountants that nixed the Camaro in 2002 and for anyone who questions this car's existence in the future.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote