Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Exclamation I need Help with choosing a Camaro..

My father and I have been looking into buy a 2010 Camaro for awhile now. However, we cannot find a good deal on one. We are looking for a 1LT with an RS package. Automatic. We would like an ABM , Rally yellow, inferno orange, red jewel tincoat, or victory red. We would like it buy it for under 26K. I would like to know what color you think we should get. And if you are a dealer in Tampa, Florida, or have any advice on where to get a 1LT RS for under 26K please PM me. Thank you.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Orange!!!
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
MDCammyMomma

Drives: 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFire View Post
My father and I have been looking into buy a 2010 Camaro for awhile now. However, we cannot find a good deal on one. We are looking for a 1LT with an RS package. Automatic. We would like an ABM , Rally yellow, inferno orange, red jewel tincoat, or victory red. We would like it buy it for under 26K. I would like to know what color you think we should get. And if you are a dealer in Tampa, Florida, or have any advice on where to get a 1LT RS for under 26K please PM me. Thank you.
Hello there! I'm not sure how aware you are about the 2010's or how long you have been on or following this forum, but here's some general info. for you.

They have stopped taking orders for/producing the Aqua Blue colored car so your only way would be to get a used one or find a dealership that may have one coming in that isn't spoken for. I have one and absolutely love it although I too was interested in the red jewel tintcoat. But color is up to you, as it is totally a personal choice. One or two colors will jump out and "speak to you."

You also mentioned wanting to get a "good deal" on one. Welllllll, don't know about that one. There are some dealers who advertise on here that are willing to accept certain discounts that are out there but for the most part, you will have to pay MSRP and won't get below it. In fact, if you buy off a dealer's lot, many of them are tacking on upwards of $10,000!!!! The best advice I could give you is to continue to search around on this forum and look for dealers who have current allocations for the Camaro -- you might even need to be willing to travel far to get one or have one shipped to you. I had to go almost 4 hours from where I live to get mine....it was totally worth it though, my dealer was absolutely wonderful (Tom Henry Chevy in Bakerstown, PA).

I hope this info. helped you and let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you. Everyone on here is for the most part, friendly and very informative.
@ 10/16/09, dealer advised TPW changed to 10/26/09
3300 - order selected for production 10/26/09
3400 - order broadcast 10/27/09
3800 - vehicle produced. It's a blue Camaro!! Born 10/29/09
5000 - received at dealership 11/04/09
6000 - Delivered to me! 11/14/09 (I had black granite stripes painted on)
It is truly awesome looking! Totally gorgeous & worth the wait!
MDCammyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
look up north... lots of cars on the lots. A 1LT/RS should be easily had for $26K. I paid $33,300 for a 2SS/RS in August. MSRP was $36,900. Deals are out there, you just have to be willing to travel. There is a 1SS ABM coming in to my dealer if you want the info. I know it will be more than $26K but you may be able to get it for $29ish.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyss View Post
Orange!!!
I saw an inferno orange one today! It looks awesome! That's our second choice over the ABM, but since it's discontinued, it's probably number one on our list. What trim do you have?
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Thank you for the info MDCammymomma! It was very interesting. Should we consider ordering one ( not an ABM )? I really don't know the process of ordering however.... Information please?
Old 01-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
MSRP on 1LT/RS is $26,480.00 Chevy.com is showing 30 in our area.... Autoway in Clearwater is selling at MSRP.... Give them a call
Old 01-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I'd suggest you send a PM to BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet on these forums. She has an excellent reputation among forum members. She can point you in the right direction.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #9
MDCammyMomma

Drives: 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Thank you for the info MDCammymomma! It was very interesting. Should we consider ordering one ( not an ABM )? I really don't know the process of ordering however.... Information please?
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you...haven't been on here in a while - busy fighting kidney stones.

Anyway, others' suggestions to check with dealers on this forum is definitely a great place to start but most of the better ones on here don't live near you so you would have to travel to pick it up or have it shipped. But do a search for a thread about dealers. I myself preferred to be able to go to my dealership in person and deal with them there on pick-up day in case of any problems, etc. I drove almost 4 hours to get mine though. Other than that, start calling around to dealers in your area and talking to the sales managers and asking them straight up what kind and how many allottments they currently have for the Camaro (bigger dealerships and those that sell a lot of Camaros are given more allottments). Also ask that if you were to place an order for one with them, what number allottment would you be given and when would they expect your car to come in. Find out what their deposit policy is too. Now of course none of this means anything if the dealer isn't reputable to start with. They could promise you the moon but change their mind or the bottom line already agreed to once the car is in their hot little hands. If you can, find out the dealer's reputation and at least get a feel for them when you talk to them. Again, this forum is a great resource.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need anything else answered.
@ 10/16/09, dealer advised TPW changed to 10/26/09
3300 - order selected for production 10/26/09
3400 - order broadcast 10/27/09
3800 - vehicle produced. It's a blue Camaro!! Born 10/29/09
5000 - received at dealership 11/04/09
6000 - Delivered to me! 11/14/09 (I had black granite stripes painted on)
It is truly awesome looking! Totally gorgeous & worth the wait!
MDCammyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #10
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I am getting the CGM 1LT auto, Convenience Package and RS package. With GM Preferred pricing and USAA discount, its gonna run close to $26800. With taxes and fees, I am guessing $27400. Pretty sweet deal for me.

For Preferred Pricing, you just need to have an account at a local credit union, this site can help you with that. Look up the Credit Unions in your state, see which ones you are qualified to open an account and get one. Then create an account at the site below to get your discount code. I have one at Charlotte Metro with a $25 deposit.

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud

This site can tell you what the supplier price will be based on options......

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/Build...riceformula=CO

For the USAA discount, just go to the site and open up an account, anyone can open one. If you have no relation to US Military, retired or not than you won't have access to insurance, but you can use everything else. I opened an account with a $25 deposit.

www.USAA.com

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
If I had to get a new color I'd roll IOM. That color is NICE in the sunlight. It looks a little dull in doors (dealership showroom) as most colors would, but outside its amazing. 2 weeks ago some guy pulled up next to me at a light with IOM and I just couldnt stop staring.

I'm biased toward VR since I looove red. I think it looks great when its clean and its a pretty low maintainence color in terms of having to wash and keep clean-looking.

My original order was for RJT but it was too dark/purple for me when I finally saw one on the road.

I finally saw my first ABM in person this morning when I picked up my lic. plates and I didnt care for it.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
Why are there so few deals/available cars at those prices in the Northeast? I live in NY and i feel like there are a ton of car dealerships but not many Camaros besides 1 or 2 SS's wayyyyy over MSRP.

How much does it typically cost to have a car shipped/driven to a nearby dealer/location?
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
CamaroFire-
I would recommend you ask BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet. She is a member of these forums. She has been VERY helpful to me as I've gone through this process. She seems very honest, not pushy, and has a very good reputation among forum members. Even though she is in Michigan, I know she has helped a lot of people who are out of state get their cars. You can at least check with her to see if you are getting a reasonable deal where you are from a local dealer.

By the way, I have no affiliation with her. I just know her from reading a lot of her posts and a few pms.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote