Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
For those that have had their miscolored halo lights replaced....

Can you PM me your dealerships name and phone number? This would be for the halo lights (or whole HID assembly) that were replaced due to miscoloring of the halos. For instance, my driver's side is basically yellowish white like an incandencent bulb and has gradually changed over time, while my passengers side remains the purplish-white color.

I've posted my experience at the dealer where I bought it from and they said that GM would not cover this under warranty if the lights are working. So I took it to a second dealership. They basically said the same thing. They said they looked up the issue for TSBs (of course there are none) and any experience with other dealer locations and could find none. I told them there were a number of people who had them replaced and that some dealers are evidently replacing the lights under warranty and some are not, but it is not the same across all dealerships.

So if anyone has some info on miscolored halos that were replaced (i assume the whole assembly is replaced), let me know. that would be a great help!

thanks in advance!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
topgun1

no one? I recall some folks with the halo(s) being replaced due to miscoloring.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Elevate it, with evidence, with your dealer. Could it be the dealers who are honoring the replacement under warranty are simply doing it to appease the customer, but reporting to GM that it was "inop?" Maybe you could drop that hint to your dealer's service shop...
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
topgun1

the service manager did say that they have replaced a couple of HID assemblies under warranty, not due to halo lights necessarily, but that they were backcharged for the warranty work by GM.