Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #29
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCTempting2LT View Post
Halos are installed on car...looks awesome will be posting pics soon
Can't wait to see pictures!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #30
derek19

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Can you please PM the price as well? Thanks.
derek19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #31
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Pm sent
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
yes it does, the customer wanted to run both the white and red through the dual channels of the multi channel controler but still have his factory white halo working
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
so did you end up having to cut the AAC halo?
Quote:
no i didnt cut the halo, its a seceret!!
Quote:
A typical halo install will use the factory ring just Cut. You can do this with the standard aac dual color rings
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Thanks for posting pics!

Did you heat and readjust the acrylic ring?
Quote:
@ aac nope ring is in it's original factory position
I had AAC install my yellow halos behind my factory RS halos, a few months ago. As far as I know AAC didn't cut the factory halos because they still work. Jonathan or somebody from AAC should be able to tell you and me how they did it, because I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugimo View Post
I currently have this setup in my car, took me a few hours to figure it out, but it is not perfect yet, just hadn't had the time to take the lights apart again.

What I did was trim more of the back off of the piece to set the AAC halos further back so that the original halo ring would sit in the same place as it did before. The only problem I am having is that you do get "hot spots" from the LEDs when you look at the halos at different angles. Head on they look good, but if you look at them from the side or not directly head on, you can see the LEDs and hot spots. I do have one more idea and have to order the parts once I get my garage workbench done, but it is a film that acts as a diffuser, which I am hoping here is enough room to put it in front of the LED halo and defuse it when the LED halos are on.
Quote:
@ fugimo, its not hot spots that you see, if you look at factory there is different textures to the plastic and this is what you are observing on different angles. stright on you see the serations from an angle you see the frosted parts of the factory ring which does not let light through the same way
your methods sound good, id love to see a pic, but very different to what i did, the aac ring sits flush with the back of the factory ring
I have this same set up as well. Yellow halos behind working factory halos, but like posted above, when you look at them from the sides you can see the spotting or whatever you want to call it. I'd like to cure this problem if I can. I had AAC install them, but I'm not affraid to pull the front end off the car and fix the lights if somebody cares to share with me what to do to clean up the look of the halos.

Here is the link to my post with pictures of my halos installed.
kga's yellow haols installed by AAC
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
I had AAC install my yellow halos behind my factory RS halos, a few months ago. As far as I know AAC didn't cut the factory halos because they still work. Jonathan or somebody from AAC should be able to tell you and me how they did it, because I'm not sure.

I have this same set up as well. Yellow halos behind working factory halos, but like posted above, when you look at them from the sides you can see the spotting or whatever you want to call it. I'd like to cure this problem if I can. I had AAC install them, but I'm not affraid to pull the front end off the car and fix the lights if somebody cares to share with me what to do to clean up the look of the halos.

Here is the link to my post with pictures of my halos installed.
kga's yellow haols installed by AAC

I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure AAC cut their halo ring to get this effect. I have spoken with Jonathan about this before and that was the way he described it to me.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

The spots you see from behind the ring is the refraction of the led behind the factory ring . The factory is not totally round it has bevels in the side. This is what causes what you are seeing. It changes at different viewing angles
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #35
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
:thesecretisout:

LOL

Well done and great job. Looks clean.

I love how customers can sometimes make us do things that we never knew were possible. We've made some of our own "dual colors" before using the single color ring.

Don't be fooled yall, it's a little tricky but some patience and some skill are both needed.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Quote:
The spots you see from behind the ring is the refraction of the led behind the factory ring . The factory is not totally round it has bevels in the side. This is what causes what you are seeing. It changes at different viewing angles
So is this what is corrected if I sand off the backside of the factory halo? I think that is what I read in a post in this thread. I'm also going to have to check into stieger's thread about this as well. It has the info that I have been searching for since I had them installed. I want to be able to put the factory halos on a switch so I can turn them off and drive with the yellow AAC halos on at night. I had made a thread about it and nobody that replied knew the correct wire to put on a switch.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
I have been referring people to you for installs so hopefully you will be getting more business shortly.
Thanks bud! More business for me is more for you
Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #38
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
So is this what is corrected if I sand off the backside of the factory halo? I think that is what I read in a post in this thread. I'm also going to have to check into stieger's thread about this as well. It has the info that I have been searching for since I had them installed. I want to be able to put the factory halos on a switch so I can turn them off and drive with the yellow AAC halos on at night. I had made a thread about it and nobody that replied knew the correct wire to put on a switch.
I honestly can't tell you what will happen if you sand down the back. It will frost the ring and give you a different look. The factory ring relys on a clear tube to send the light through it. If you sand the back it might look totally different but I'm not 100% since I haven't done it
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #39
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
I honestly can't tell you what will happen if you sand down the back. It will frost the ring and give you a different look. The factory ring relys on a clear tube to send the light through it. If you sand the back it might look totally different but I'm not 100% since I haven't done it
Right on point.

It flattens out the color leaving it dim...way dim. The light from the halo won't pass through opaque plastic like it does clear so what gets disapated is more and you lose a lot of the brightness that AAC Halos are known for.

The one benefit is that the color will be much more consistant throughout.

Keep up the good work guys!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #40
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Right on point.

It flattens out the color leaving it dim...way dim. The light from the halo won't pass through opaque plastic like it does clear so what gets disapated is more and you lose a lot of the brightness that AAC Halos are known for.

The one benefit is that the color will be much more consistant throughout.

Keep up the good work guys!
Ivan
I'll take the brighter halo with some hot spots over a dim uniform halo any day.