Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
nokmero

Drives: 2010 magna charged
WTB High flow cats

WTB high flow cats for l99 exhaust thanks
Shipped to 90501
pm thanks
nokmero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
For boosted applications, aftermarket high flow cats don't hold up forever. Unfortunately, nobody currently makes aftermarket high flow cats that will withstand the heat and pressure of a boosted application. Not purchasing the current high flows on the market will save you headaches in the end. Manyyyyy people have had their aftermarket cats absolutely melt of break apart drastically with a turbo or supercharged car. There is a long thread on the matter that I've been a participating in for some time now. Some people are more lucky than others with the current aftermarket cats, but that doesn't mean they aren't on borrowed time. The stock cats seem to be lastly because they are made with MUCH better quality than aftermarket high flow cats. The stock ones may not flow the best, but they are light years better than aftermarket in the quality department.

If I were you, I would recommend waiting until the proper aftermarket high flow cats come on the market, as there are two companies supposedly making some. Once is PI catalytic, and the other I can't remember off the top of my head (maybe it was LPE or something like that).
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
nokmero

Drives: 2010 magna charged
thanks
nokmero is offline   Reply With Quote