Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I did everything in my sig my self except the tune. For that I contacted Jannetty who sent me a tune to get the car started based on the modes. I then data logged and he retuned. Quite simple and works great for those of us who live where there are no tuners.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
John, you should get in touch with Mike Norris down in Plainfield. You won't be disappointed. I have Mike, Eric and Bruce do a great deal of work on my car and I can't speak highly enough about them!

Edit.....Phone calls are the best way to reach him.
Thanks Never, that is who I was referring to as a "reputable shop". I almost think for the price I was quoted, that it would be hard to justify doing it myself. I just like the self satisfaction part of it. But I may just end up taking it to Norris.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Cool.
If you decide to try and tackle it yourself, I'd lend a hand if you want. You could always do the install yourself and then let Mike tune it.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnSS View Post
Thanks man, very good write up! Although, I didn't see your wife?
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnSS View Post
I would ask my wife, but I would be completely bald before we were done. Hope I didnt offend you, just acknowledging your wife's easiness on the eyes....

No problem. She just turned 40.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Cool.
If you decide to try and tackle it yourself, I'd lend a hand if you want. You could always do the install yourself and then let Mike tune it.
I appreciate the offer very much! I will let you know what I decide. I am local to Lafayette.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote