Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
NOLA_1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
1LE Suspension Upgrade Help

I'm working on my build list and could use some advice in the suspension department. I plan to do the NF cam and valvetrain this spring and already have LT no Cats, Borla ATAK, CAI/scoop, and Batron ST.

Where should I go with suspension? My car is really a weekend driver, I plan to hit both the strip and track.

Any help/comments are appreciated!
Pfadt: Lowering Springs, Rear Trailing Arms and Tie Rods, Rear Drag Sway Bar, Rear Upper and Lower Control Arm Bushings, Solid Sub Frame Bushings, Front Spherical Trailing Arm Bushings, Front Lower Control Arm Bushings
Barton Short Throw Shifter, AEM Boost and Wideband Gauges w/ A Pillar Pod, VIS CF Terminator Hood, and ZL1 CF spoiler
NOLA_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Can't what to see what folks offer up on this. I'd like to drop my can and inch without loosing any performance. Haven't heard a good answer on how to do this.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
A great place to start is the Pedders 1LE permagrin package. The only way I know to properly drop your car is to buy coilovers. Any other method compromises performance.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_1LE View Post
I'm working on my build list and could use some advice in the suspension department. I plan to do the NF cam and valvetrain this spring and already have LT no Cats, Borla ATAK, CAI/scoop, and Batron ST.

Where should I go with suspension? My car is really a weekend driver, I plan to hit both the strip and track.

Any help/comments are appreciated!
Learn to drive the car to its fullest first as it is very capable in stock form.....(take a look at my Grattan or Gingerman thread in my sig) and then mod based on your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Can't what to see what folks offer up on this. I'd like to drop my can and inch without loosing any performance. Haven't heard a good answer on how to do this.
This may help if you want to lower it..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316591

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The only way I know to properly drop your car is to buy coilovers. Any other method compromises performance.
I don't fully agree.....You can lower it and get similar performance...Also see thread above.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
^^^Thanks a lot Dropspeed!!!

What spring set did you get? Set 1 or 2? Also what camber/alignment would you recommend for a street driven 1LE after the new springs are installed?

Last edited by ST1LE; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
I like the idea of the Permagrin package and just the rear springs to level it out. that's what I hope to do over the winter.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
A great place to start is the Pedders 1LE permagrin package. The only way I know to properly drop your car is to buy coilovers. Any other method compromises performance.
This! Got it but the snow flew before it got installed so its a spring job now. The permagrin kit come quaranteed to make you smile or your money back. Im ready.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
Vbh_1LE

Drives: Victory Red 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I installed BMR springs and love the way they look and feel. No back to back track times, but my butt says it handles better with the lowered center of gravity.
Vbh_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote