Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #225

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Well, one of two things should become clear soon...

If all that's included in the 1LE is priced as an additional 4-5K, I'd call it a very good bargain....If that's the case, the pricing now for optional MRC, NPP, and brake upgrades for a standard 1 or 2SS will look like a rip-off....I don't see how they could justify anything less than a 7-8K price for the 1LE option.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #226
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
After having a night to think about it I'm on the fence. A few things from this thread

1) I was 100% wrong when I said in another thread that there was no way it will be available on a V6. I still think they should have given it a different RPO code but GM has proven time and time again that they don't care about the heritage of RPO codes (I don't mean that in a bad way, just a statement)
This could turn out to be an astute move. On the surface, it's aimed directly at the Ecoboost Perf Package Mustangs. But better than that it may open up the idea of running on road courses to a slightly new audience. Trust me, 300-and-change HP can be a lot of fun on the tracks even if you don't see the same peak speeds as the folks with similarly chassis prep and 400+ HP V8 engines.

Quote:
2) People say that it's good that it's not available with an auto as the manual is the only way to go on a race car. While that used to be the case, the 8L90 is every bit as fast as a manual around tracks now. Gone are the days of 3 and 4 speed autos with no manual abilities. It would be nice to have the option. I'm still getting a manual if I get a 1LE but I see the appeal now with current autos and how good they are.
This is coming down to differences in the experience rather than differences in measured performance. As good as automatics have become technically/mechanically, and as much better as they may get in the future, they can't replace the satisfaction that's there when you get it right all by yourself, shift after shift, lap after lap.

Quote:
5) Like someone else mentioned, no drilled front rotors on the 6 pots. I'm curious if this was a slight cost savings measure or a performance measure. Interesting.
Performance.

Every hole is a potential crack-starter when you're driving on the track as hard as you and the car can go for ~20 minutes at a time. The kind of thermal expansion you get when things get hot enough to crack pads rated to beyond 1350°F also puts a brutal beating on the rotors. This is a cyclic heating event that happens in a very short amount of time, every time you're hard on the brakes for an upcoming corner, and it's mainly the cyclic fatigue effects that cause cracks to develop and then grow.

Norm
Old 02-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #227
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Somewhat disappointed the Recaros are standard. Sadly the don't fir my backside very well. I sit higher in them which in the Gen6 will all but eliminate the headroom for me.

Just guessing but with the brakes and Recaros alone that is about $6,000 in options. So adding the other content they may be trying to keep the price and weight down for the package.

Seems easy enough down the road to add it to the 2SS but a 2SS 1LE might crack 50k.

Look forward to some track comparisons in the future for sure. This seems enough on paper to be ahead of ATS-V and M4.
We cant compare the LPO brake upgrade price to this factory upgrade. It will be cheaper this way.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #228
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

If all that's included in the 1LE is priced as an additional 4-5K, I'd call it a very good bargain....If that's the case, the pricing now for optional MRC and brake upgrades for a standard 1 or 2SS will look like a rip-off....I don't see how they could justify anything less than a 7-8K price for the 1LE option.
Good point. It will be interesting to see.
Good news is those who want a 2SS or auto or sunroof or whatever can add MRC, big brakes, etc. and build their own version. As many said before hand, the SS is already so good, not everyone needs a 1LE.

I think part of the appeal of the 1LE is that it is limited. 3rd gens were limited by not many people knowing about them (as well as no A/C). The 5th gens were manual only. Now they have opened it up to the V6, but taken away the 2SS and still manual only. All of these things make it a little bit of a rarity so those who buy it get something unique. I still get excited when I see a 5th gen 1LE. That's part of what you are buying with the 1LE.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 AM   #229
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

If all that's included in the 1LE is priced as an additional 4-5K, I'd call it a very good bargain....If that's the case, the pricing now for optional MRC, NPP, and brake upgrades for a standard 1 or 2SS will look like a rip-off....I don't see how they could justify anything less than a 7-8K price for the 1LE option.
interesting....
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #230
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
very well - I bet you will still upgrade and just take out the MRC and sell it.

cuz it's that much better than the 5th...you know it.
Or he will test drive one and "I dont want it!" will turn in to "I need it!"
Old 02-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #231
infinitiboy92

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS Cyber Grey
If only I could learn to drive a manual transmission.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #232
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
Good point. It will be interesting to see.
Good news is those who want a 2SS or auto or sunroof or whatever can add MRC, big brakes, etc. and build their own version. As many said before hand, the SS is already so good, not everyone needs a 1LE.

I think part of the appeal of the 1LE is that it is limited. 3rd gens were limited by not many people knowing about them (as well as no A/C). The 5th gens were manual only. Now they have opened it up to the V6, but taken away the 2SS and still manual only. All of these things make it a little bit of a rarity so those who buy it get something unique. I still get excited when I see a 5th gen 1LE. That's part of what you are buying with the 1LE.
I doubt I will track any car I may buy, but having something that is highly capable is definitely part of the lure of the 1LE.

For me the Recaros, NO spectrum lighting, optional PDR, the wheels and black accents make it a winner and raises the bar.

I have been cross-shopping with a Vette since the 6th Gen came out. I thought about placing an order a couple weeks ago and, for whatever reason in my gut, couldn't pull the trigger.

Maybe the 1LE is the reason why.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #233
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitiboy92 View Post
Youtube, my man, youtube. There's a hundred great vids on it. Piece of cake.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #234
allabtsprt

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Read all 14 pages so far and I can't believe I only saw this mentioned once. I guess we're the minority on this issue.

I can't stand the front grille on the V8. Looks like every Lexus and other foreign car out there. This car is unique. Keep it that way. Do something different with the front grille! This alone is enough for me not to buy one.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #235
detltu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
I doubt I will track any car I may buy, but having something that is highly capable is definitely part of the lure of the 1LE.

For me the Recaros, NO spectrum lighting, optional PDR, the wheels and black accents make it a winner and raises the bar.

I have been cross-shopping with a Vette since the 6th Gen came out. I thought about placing an order a couple weeks ago and, for whatever reason in my gut, couldn't pull the trigger.

Maybe the 1LE is the reason why.
You really should. It's a fantastic way to see what your car can really do. Not to great for your brake and tire budget, but I think everyone should do it at least once if they have a performance car. It's a blast.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
2015 Camaro ZL1
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #236
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Could do without the MRC. Would be cool if they offered the package on the i4T.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #237
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
With all the sound coming from the engine and exhaust, do we really need bose. Drove 2300 miles last season in my 15 C7 manual with NPP exhaust option, Radio is never on.
This is just my opinion, but Yes. I drive 12k miles per year and a lot of that is in traffic before and after work. Almost 1.5 hours per day in stop and go traffic. I would much rather have my windows up listening to a good stereo most of the time than hear my car idle along in traffic. If I only drove it 2,300 miles per year I probably wouldn't care much but my guess is that most people will probably be daily driving their 1LE.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #238
detltu

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitiboy92 View Post
You're not to far from me. Send me a PM if you want to learn. I can hook you up. It's really not that hard. Just takes some practice.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
2015 Camaro ZL1

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums