Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #29
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
It may have gotten worse since OP posted that pic.

Water is still rising in some parts near Baton Rouge area..
Quite a few cars were lost on a FB page I'm on.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:59 PM   #30
toytruckman

Drives: 2014 Silverado 6.2L; 15 LTZ Tahoe
Yeah.......Hey pk1 did you and ur family get out ok?...... It got much worse after u posted the other day......Just checking........Hope all is well........God speed, Dave
toytruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #31
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerAS View Post
I doubt it though. A 2SS has a high value, meaning there is significantly more work that will have to be done to get it into the total loss range. Sure, a 20k car would be totaled in this situation, but not necessarily a 45k.

I have a friend that had a 2015 challenger that cost roughly 43k that was 3 weeks old when he had flooding. The car was sitting in roughly the same amount of water as OP, and the idiot decided to try and start the car while it was still in the water. The insurance company did not rule it a total loss.

While I hope for OPs sale they total it, there is still a good chance the insurance company won't see it that way.
That really sucks. It's almost tempting to break out a garden hose and commit a little insurance fraud by getting water into more parts of the car. Just enough ensure the cost to repair goes up to a safe level where it would be declared as "totaled."

Geico: If you're reading, ignore this post please. I would never do such a thing.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Man, That so sucks! But, I have to say, I hope that car gets totaled (you get compensated) and crushed and doesn't ever find its way to the used car market!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #33
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
So sorry to see this. I hope things work out in your favor.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #34
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
These are a few pictures from my neighborhood. We are in a non-flood zone.

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/bord...w/2016%20Flood

Water came within 10 feet or so of our house. We were one of the fortunate ones.

Sunday the water receded.

The neighborhood made us all proud: We don't call for help. We are the Help

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/bord...6%20Flood/Help
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #35
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
These are a few pictures from my neighborhood. We are in a non-flood zone.

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/bord...w/2016%20Flood

Water came within 10 feet or so of our house. We were one of the fortunate ones.

Sunday the water receded.

The neighborhood made us all proud: We don't call for help. We are the Help

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/bord...6%20Flood/Help
Nice pic and motto! Reminds me of the people of Joplin after the tornado wrecked their town. Calm, peaceful rebuilding... no burning of gas stations, etc.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #36
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Water has to get up to the dash to be totaled, I work for an insurance company.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #37
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Hear that, OP? Just dump a few gallons through the air vents...
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #38
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
You may want to rethink that blanket statement. Depending on where the OP lives, there may have been salt water included in the flooding. Salt water makes things considerably worse. The location of the interface for the phones and other electronics is lower down than the dash. This doesn't even begin to address the driveline issues that come with flooding. In New Orleans, most cars are considered totaled if flood waters reach above the axle.

OP, I would look closely at my policy. You pay premiums for a reason. Although many on this forum disparage using our legal profession, I for one have not and would not hesitate to contact a lawyer for an opinion (OK - I share a toothbrush holder with one).
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #39
pk1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss black
few days later i have gotten the courage to start her up n she cranks but the power seat are completely screwed. im sure seat can be replace but my fear is if insurance does not total it decides to fix the carpet, seats and other things will i essentially be driving a dying Camaro?
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #40
infinitiboy92

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS Cyber Grey
Yes, a lot of the wiring is low in the car. Once they get saturated with water it's really hard to tell when they will fail. Did the water get any higher than the picture you posted? Praying for you and your family.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #41
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitiboy92 View Post
Yes, a lot of the wiring is low in the car. Once they get saturated with water it's really hard to tell when they will fail. Did the water get any higher than the picture you posted? Praying for you and your family.
I have a weird question for insurance experts out here: Flood damage is an example of damage that could take a really long time to manifest itself. When you file a claim, obviously they are going to definitely assess the *current* and observable damages done. However, does a claims adjuster also take *projected* future damages and losses into account, or is this too difficult / a case by case basis?

Do you have the right as a policy hold to file *future* claims of damage for something that happened in the past? Or does this sort of defeat the purpose of the original assessment done by the adjuster, since this opens up the system for a lot of abuse? I think this is especially true for "acts of God" like flooding that you aren't directly responsible for. You could potentially falsely blame a lot of other things on this one event to skirt liabilities.

I think the simple answer is: Whatever they don't cover in the original assessment is your problem after that. Thats why people are rooting for the OP to get this written off as a totaled vehicle.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #42
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I have a weird question for insurance experts out here: Flood damage is an example of damage that could take a really long time to manifest itself. When you file a claim, obviously they are going to definitely assess the *current* and observable damages done. However, does a claims adjuster also take *projected* future damages and losses into account, or is this too difficult / a case by case basis?

Do you have the right as a policy hold to file *future* claims of damage for something that happened in the past? Or does this sort of defeat the purpose of the original assessment done by the adjuster, since this opens up the system for a lot of abuse? I think this is especially true for "acts of God" like flooding that you aren't directly responsible for. You could potentially falsely blame a lot of other things on this one event to skirt liabilities.

I think the simple answer is: Whatever they don't cover in the original assessment is your problem after that. Thats why people are rooting for the OP to get this written off as a totaled vehicle.
We will open up a closed claim anytime we are asked too. And I don't want to rethink my statement.Spoken like a lawyer. If the water level reaches the dash it is totaled. Below that other factors could be involved such as the value of the car, what was actually under water,......

My advice is if they have a shop they recommend,use them, they usually guarantee the work as long as you have the car.But ask first to make sure that is the case. In a water case don't be surprised that you have to take it back more than once.