Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #365
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
What do you have to do to get ambient lighting for a 2LT? Does it come with it, or is it included in the RS package?
It is standard for the RS.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #366
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
NO, NO, NO!!!! It is standard on 2LT and 2SS.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #367
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Heres a pic from Pirelli of the tire the Camaro was sporting for the snow

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic...1=yes&place=17
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #368
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Hello! I will try to post a few more pics tonight. I'll try to answer a few more questions...They are snow tires (on rear) and not available from the factory, but can easily be found and installed. I would suggest anyone driving in a lot of snow with this (or any rear-wheel, high powered car) invest in a good set of snow tires. I have driven rear wheel drive cars since turning 16 in northeast Ohio winters and never had trouble (with snow tires).

Gas cap...I will check about it locking? All of my recent GM vehicles have had ths style, but I never checked to see if they lock or not I am with those of you that have not had a problem and know there are far worse ways to damage or steal from a car, but I will check.

MPG...I won't coment on exact numbers, but we were pleasantly surprised We also had quite a bit of stuff with us, some weather related slow downs, and the car was technically in the "break-in" period. Even with that we were happy with it.

The car is currently in Naples at the dealer, so some of you may be sitting in it as I type

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #369
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
It might not come on ANY model, don't forget!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #370
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Hello! I will try to post a few more pics tonight. I'll try to answer a few more questions...They are snow tires (on rear) and not available from the factory, but can easily be found and installed. I would suggest anyone driving in a lot of snow with this (or any rear-wheel, high powered car) invest in a good set of snow tires. I have driven rear wheel drive cars since turning 16 in northeast Ohio winters and never had trouble (with snow tires).
Is it common on a rear-wheel, high powered car to only put snow tires on the back?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #371
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yea and my '90 accord had one but my '06 truck doesn't. Do I care? No. How many times have I had gas siphoned out? None. How bout sugar in the tank? Nope, never.

Of course someone COULD steal your gas. But they could also steal your car, or key it, or steal your wheels. I don't think it's worth getting gas in your mouth to get a lil free gas. Even if it is $4/gal. Also, how would they know how much is in the tank? Why not just go to a gas station and pump and run? I think you're just being a bit paranoid here. It's not like you fill your tank up with gold.
LOL. How are you even comparing keying or stealing wheels to sugar, or just water in the tank. Keying, eh fine a couple hundred bucks to paint half or panel of car in what will be a widely available camaro color, wheels eh, maybe a thousand, sucks big ones, but its get-over-able. Sugar and water in your gas.... talkin the big bucks to fix your engine. no thanks. steal my wheels and key my car, but stay the hell out of my gas tank.
perfect example: when i was in highschool, all the seniors cars in the lot had tires slashed and sugar put in tanks, thanks for my locking gas cap, i just get a lovely key treatment. I spent 2k replacing my racing tires and painting, but much better than losing my big block (or facing expensive repairs).
Im just saying, this is the big 2000's, we shouldnt even be using gas anymore, but since we are, LOCK IT UP. We spent a lot of money on our car. we want it LOCKED. everywhere. my damn 02 mazda 6 locked. lets go chevy.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #372
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Well, you're obviously a Fan Boy, there's a lot of those on this site as is to be expected. Nothing wrong with that other than it prevents you guys from remaining objective.

Keep in mind it only takes once for someone to fubar your car. Non secured gas caps are a thing of the 80s.

Semper Fi!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #373
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Wanted to echo what otheres have said about the silver painted area around the speedo and tach. looks really cheap and brings the interior downmarket.
kind of Tonka Toyish.
The rest of the package is flippin awesome.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #374
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3
As I don't think the EPA figures have been released, I am reluctant to provide a number that might just hijack this thread into an MPG debate. Needless to say that with the snow storm in Michigan, the steady climb from Ok City to Flagstaff, the temperature, and oh yeah the speed that we were traveling (remember the 75 mph speedlimit for most of the trip west), I will only say that I thought it was pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg1391 View Post
ugh why couldnt i have known you were driving through OKC!!!!!!:(
AND Texas!!!! argghhh.

Semper Fi!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #375
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Is it common on a rear-wheel, high powered car to only put snow tires on the back?
With good tread left on the front tires, only the back should be necessary for snow tires.
Up until I bought my "90 Lumina and 3 Monte Carlos later, I always ran snow tires here in the winter. You really need them. I am thinking come next winter, I will really miss front wheel drive. Never a need for special snow tires.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #376
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
The mfg. recommends you buy all four for the car and not just the rear
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #377
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
The mfg. recommends you buy all four for the car and not just the rear
I would recomend that too, if I was in the business of manufacturing tires.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #378
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

I agree with you . I drive Crown Vic's in the snow for work near Philly and they are pretty high powered rear wheeled vehicles and we don't have snows in the front