Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Time to pick! Where should C5FVI be?
Bowling Green 258 25.47%
Firebird - AZ 70 6.91%
California/Vegas 244 24.09%
Gateway, St Louis IL 132 13.03%
NE 67 6.61%
Charlotte Motor Speedway, NC 230 22.70%
Mars 12 1.18%
Voters: 1013. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #1261
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I just don't see that as a reasonable. The areas that are being considered do not have any hotels that could potentially hold over 500 people. It's not like other things are going on in these cities, like business travel or families on vacations or passing through. Or hotels that already have people booked for that weekend.

It would be nice, but I just don't see that happening. There will always be a "host" hotel that can hold the first-come people that will be attending. Overflows will be available as needed.
Quote:
Yes there was. Copied directly from the Hotel Listing for the Texas fest:

"If the online rate does not beat what I have posted then call direct.

Host
SOLD OUT THURSDAY SpringHill Suites by Marriott 5169 I-10 East Baytown TX 77521 866-599-6674 ($229)
"

Yes, there were plenty of hotels in the area, but the host hotel, and parking lot party was Springhill Suites.
First off, I am in no way trying to bash the mods or those who volunteer so much time to putting C5Fest together since they do such a great job for all of us and it is truly appreciated.

Now, I am not sure what fests you may have attended, but TX host hotel was nothing like Phoenix or Indy where the host hotel was 99% C5 with the random 3-4 other guests and accommodated probably at least 2/3 of the attendees. I know the mods did their best trying to get Springhill Suites set up to take more of us and keep us reasonably close to the track, but Springhill didn't want to completely cooperate. At that, it was also somewhat of a small venue even if they had opened up all of rooms left at the time of the agreement to C5, and the parking lot was no where near the size to accommodate a full scale C5 parking lot party.

I guess what I am saying is I would rather drive a little further from the track if necessary to have larger accommodations for more people, there are just some parts and pieces that I have observed which tend to make some of the fests a little more fun than others.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #1262
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I don't think no one took it as bashing. I sure did not. I was just stating that would be an extremely huge challenge. One that would not be "realistic" in my mind. But hey, if it happened, even better.

We all appreciate the Mods and how much work is done behind the scenes. But it's still fun to give them a hard time.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #1263
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
I don't think no one took it as bashing. I sure did not. I was just stating that would be an extremely huge challenge. One that would not be "realistic" in my mind. But hey, if it happened, even better.

We all appreciate the Mods and how much work is done behind the scenes. But it's still fun to give them a hard time.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 10-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #1264
Jayhawk

Drives: Black 2013 1LS
I've never been and looking to forward to wherever it is within reason.
Jayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #1265
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
First off, I am in no way trying to bash the mods or those who volunteer so much time to putting C5Fest together since they do such a great job for all of us and it is truly appreciated.

Now, I am not sure what fests you may have attended, but TX host hotel was nothing like Phoenix or Indy where the host hotel was 99% C5 with the random 3-4 other guests and accommodated probably at least 2/3 of the attendees. I know the mods did their best trying to get Springhill Suites set up to take more of us and keep us reasonably close to the track, but Springhill didn't want to completely cooperate. At that, it was also somewhat of a small venue even if they had opened up all of rooms left at the time of the agreement to C5 and the parking lot was no where near the size to accommodate a full scale C5 parking lot party.

I guess what I am saying is I would rather drive a little further and have larger accommodations for more people if necessary, there are just some parts and pieces that I have observed which tend to make some of the fests a little more fun than others.
You make a valid point and I and I am sure the Moderators appreciate you speaking up. Finding a suitable host hotel is a major part of the FEST decision making process. Every FEST is a blend of elements. Sometimes the track is better than the hotel parking and vice versa. Factor in the cost of hotels and tracks and finding a great FEST location gets tough fast.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #1266
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
BLA BLA BLA BLA LOL Just tell us "WHEN" and "WHERE" SOON ??????????????????
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #1267
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
hahaha
Old 10-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #1268
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Indy is perfect. Make it an anual event there, spring time. World class dragstrip, great autocross, paved pits, fun town, kinda centrally located... If there is complaints to be made about Indy, there is no satisying that person.

Went to both of the Indy's loved them both. Would go there every year in a heartbeat. The only things that could have used improvement was the drag racing organization, class it more like a traditional bracket day + some heads up grudge racing. Racing cost. $100 is rediculous and just results in low car count. Even Super Chevy is cheaper than that to race at. Make it about $40 - $50 per day. Revenue will prob be about the same. Spring or fall, the summer heat is a killer on racing performance. Have the event managed by a pro event planning co. Some live entertainment, exhibition race cars... Indy is the hq of so many pro race teams, if promoted plenty of exhibition cars would show up.

Tx, Ca, Nv... enjoy, but not going.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #1269
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Indy is perfect. Make it an anual event there, spring time. World class dragstrip, great autocross, paved pits, fun town, kinda centrally located... If there is complaints to be made about Indy, there is no satisying that person.

Went to both of the Indy's loved them both. Would go there every year in a heartbeat. The only things that could have used improvement was the drag racing organization, class it more like a traditional bracket day + some heads up grudge racing. Racing cost. $100 is rediculous and just results in low car count. Even Super Chevy is cheaper than that to race at. Make it about $40 - $50 per day. Revenue will prob be about the same. Spring or fall, the summer heat is a killer on racing performance. Have the event managed by a pro event planning co. Some live entertainment, exhibition race cars... Indy is the hq of so many pro race teams, if promoted plenty of exhibition cars would show up.

Tx, Ca, Nv... enjoy, but not going.
Your reason for not going to TX, CA or NV is the same reason most people would likely not go to Indy year after year. BTW Indy's facilities were great, but Phoenix's facilities were better so lets make it an annual event there, it has everything Indy had plus a road course.

504hp/478tq
Old 10-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #1270
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Your reason for not going to TX, CA or NV is the same reason most people would likely not go to Indy year after year. BTW Indy's facilities were great, but Phoenix's facilities were better so lets make it an annual event there, it has everything Indy had plus a road course.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #1271
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
I won't be there. Will be starting a new job some time around next May-August.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #1272
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I have to admit I did enjoy Indy! But I met some very Nice people in Texas also, And took another state off my I've never been to list.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #1273
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
I just don't see that as a reasonable. The areas that are being considered do not have any hotels that could potentially hold over 500 people. It's not like other things are going on in these cities, like business travel or families on vacations or passing through. Or hotels that already have people booked for that weekend.

It would be nice, but I just don't see that happening. There will always be a "host" hotel that can hold the first-come people that will be attending. Overflows will be available as needed.
The Venetian in Vegas has 800 maids. Do the math on the number of rooms available.
Vegas also has racetracks.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #1274
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
The Venetian in Vegas has 800 maids. Do the math on the number of rooms available.
Vegas also has racetracks.
Sounds good to me, just hope I know if Vegas is where its at before I go for New Years

504hp/478tq