Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #15
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
https://detailingbliss.com/threads/r...removal.19702/
Old 12-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #16
MrRaspberryJam

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I'm surprised the wrap would do that to the paint, especially those brands.

I was actually planning on wrapping my hood with some 1080 matte black. However, if that's what it does to Summit White after a few years, I think I won't do it.
I know I’m floored I don’t get it. I wouldn’t recommend it and I’m never using vinyl again on any of my cars
MrRaspberryJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #17
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This is what you need for adhesive residue, it was recommended to me by a professional detailer, it works great. Way better than goo gone. Wont harm paint

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaspberryJam View Post
As a detailer that’s what I always do. First I cleaned and clayed the surface really well and took care of 75% of the residue. Then I used some revive hand polish with a hand applicator and that took care of the rest of the residue but now my issue is getting rid of those damn spots and that color. I did multiple go overs with my machine polisher starting with paint correcting polish with a soft foam pad and ending with a heavy correcting compound using a microfiber cutting pad and stil no results
Few people commenting in here aren't reading the OP's latest comment. See above; the adhesive residue is gone.

If it's gone, and you've polished with something as aggressive as heavy correcting compound and a microfiber pad (Adams I'm assuming), then your clear is stained from the wrap and you may need a respray to fix it.

Only other thing I can think of is to try a fallout remover or aggressive wheel cleaner to see if it will dissolve the embedded discoloration.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote