Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #71
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
What's sad is toyota's sales haven't plummeted. People are so convinced that toyota has great reliability that I fear even exploding headrests wouldn't deter them.
June 2010, Toyota posted the 2nd worst increase vs June 2009 of a mere 6.8%, compared to double digit gains for nearly ever other major automaker (besides Honda). Its not as if you are guaranteed to die if you drive a Toyota product. For the most part, all that has happened is people have realized that Toyotas are no better than any other manufacturer. So a lot of the sheeple stopped buying them and went elsewhere since once you take away quality from Toyota, they don't have much to keep people interested in their products.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #72
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
What's sad is toyota's sales haven't plummeted. People are so convinced that toyota has great reliability that I fear even exploding headrests wouldn't deter them.
They are like brainwashed zombies marching into Toyota dealerships...someone stop the madness...
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #73
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
I have never owned and would never buy ANY Toyota, any car company as shitty as Toyota doesn't even deserve to be in business. The unintended acceleration problem cost American's lives, and the Japs did nothing more than try and cover it up. To hell with Toyota.
Then I suppose GM and Ford should have gone out of business long ago?
How about instead of hoping they go out of business, you hope that they learn from their mistakes and work towards making better cars?
HeHasReturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #74
HeHasReturned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
June 2010, Toyota posted the 2nd worst increase vs June 2009 of a mere 6.8%, compared to double digit gains for nearly ever other major automaker (besides Honda). Its not as if you are guaranteed to die if you drive a Toyota product. For the most part, all that has happened is people have realized that Toyotas are no better than any other manufacturer. So a lot of the sheeple stopped buying them and went elsewhere since once you take away quality from Toyota, they don't have much to keep people interested in their products.
That's more like it
Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #75
Wesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasReturned View Post
Then I suppose GM and Ford should have gone out of business long ago?
How about instead of hoping they go out of business, you hope that they learn from their mistakes and work towards making better cars?
Why would I care at all about some shitty Japanese company like Toyota?? They could go out of business completely tomarrow, and it wouldn't matter.

GM and Ford, on the other hand, are legendary automakers that have a long history in this country. And because they are Domestic, when they make a profit it positively impacts the U.S. economy as a whole. Our economy wouldn't be in the sad state its in if consumers would stop buying crap made by foreign companies and start buying products produced by domestically based companies.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #76
HeHasReturned

Quote:
Why would I care at all about some shitty Japanese company like Toyota?? They could go out of business completely tomarrow, and it wouldn't matter.

GM and Ford, on the other hand, are legendary automakers that have a long history in this country. And because they are Domestic, when they make a profit it positively impacts the U.S. economy as a whole. Our economy wouldn't be in the sad state its in if consumers would stop buying crap made by foreign companies and start buying products produced by domestically based companies.
This post is so full of fail that it's not even worth responding to. For someone who "works in the industry," you appear to be completely clueless about the automotive industry.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #77
Wesman

Quote:
This post is so full of fail that it's not even worth responding to. For someone who "works in the industry," you appear to be completely clueless about the automotive industry.
You appear to have no idea what the current state of affairs regarding the economy are. Keep buying products from foreign owned companies, eventually all Americans will be poor and homeless.

When you buy foreign vehicles, the profits and economic benefits are redeemed by the country that the business is based in. When you buy a vehicle produced by an American company, you support an American business and the U.S. economy. Its simple economics 101. For someone who posts a lot you don't seem to have a clue what it going on.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #78
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:

They'd take suppliers that domestic companies rely on with them, just like Toyota would have suffered if GM or Chrysler went poof last year. I'd prefer seeing Toyota die a slow, painful death. But that won't happen either, since Toyota can probably exist off their Japanese sales alone.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #79
HeHasReturned

Quote:
They'd take suppliers that domestic companies rely on with them, just like Toyota would have suffered if GM or Chrysler went poof last year. I'd prefer seeing Toyota die a slow, painful death. But that won't happen either, since Toyota can probably exist off their Japanese sales alone.
Someone gets it. And that didn't even address all of his failed post, lol
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #80
Wesman

Quote:
Good point that I didn't consider, GM and Ford do use some Japanese parts.

One that comes to mind is the faulty power steering motors in '05-'10 Cobalts, made by Denso, aka Toyota. Go figure.

People need to stop buying Toyotas. Its just beyond stupidity to buy one of those pieces of shit at this point, and even more recalls are still coming.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #81
Wesman

Quote:
Shut up, you haven't made a post that has made any sense as of yet.

Everything you're said has been a reiteration of someone else's post.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #82
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. LEXUS......................

I already knew, I was just testing you guys

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #83
HeHasReturned

Quote:
Shut up, you haven't made a post that has made any sense as of yet.

Everything you're said has been a reiteration of someone else's post.
You are really smart!

I've learned a lot of things tonight.
1. Saabs are the new Supras
2. My first grade teacher lied to me about "and"
3. GM, Ford, and Toyota should all be out of business.
4. Toyota could collapse, and America would be rescued from the worst economic downturn of the last 70 years. I wish the Obama administration knew this!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #84
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Good point that I didn't consider, GM and Ford do use some Japanese parts.

One that comes to mind is the faulty power steering motors in '05-'10 Cobalts, made by Denso, aka Toyota. Go figure.

People need to stop buying Toyotas. Its just beyond stupidity to buy one of those pieces of shit at this point, and even more recalls are still coming.
Its not the Japanese parts in US built cars, its the American made part that are in the US built Camry and Corolla (along with numerous other Toyotas). They share low level, mid level, and upper level suppliers and things could fall like a house of cards. Toyota supported the bailouts of GM and Chrysler for this very reason, contrary to the fact that if they they lost 2 of their biggest competitors they would stand to make enormous sales gains.
Quote:
I'd be more comfortable with my position if you didn't agree with me ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Tags
isf, l99, lexus