Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Trailbreaker's Yellow Camaro Journal

Hi,

First let me say I am a big fan of Transformers, NOT of the recent M. Bay movie crap but the old school stuff. Don't get me wrong I like the movies I just don't like to look of the robots or the childish humor that Bay likes to make the robots do in his movies. Here a picture of some of the Bumble Bee Transformers, I have a lot more Transformers but they have nothing to do with this thread.

With that said, I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything EVER. Now this car was not ordered by me it was all done by my wonderful wife. How it was brought to my attention was on Transformers website that GM would be making a Transformers edition Camaro "I was looking at Challengers at the time" and I mentioned it to my wife. She asked which one I would rather have and I said it would not really matter I would enjoy either one, the whole conversation was irrelevant due to our money situation anyway. Well I followed up with my dealer to find some more information "my brother had an IOM Camaro currently on order with them" and I was told when they could start taking orders and that I should put mine in ASAP. I told my wife what new information I found out and it destroyed the idea of us getting the Transformers edition due to the time constraints and the funds to back it up. Life went on an I figured I would just get a Challenger in the following year. Well as you can guess the wife went to the dealership and ordered the car anyways in June without saying anything to me. Now when November came around the car came in, and two months before she expected it she wasn't sure how she was going to tell me. She decided that she was just going to tell me and see what I thought about it before she went through with the purchase. She started off by saying "I ordered you something and it has come in earlier than what I expected" being November I assumed it was something for Christmas and either needed my help getting it into the house or wanted to hide it in a room and didn't want me to use the room until after the holiday's were over. Then she just told me she got me a Transformers Camaro, I'm like OK but I don't really like the movie toys did you get a good deal on it? "No" she says the real Camaro edition car I'm like she says "If you want to see it, its at the dealership now" well what the hell we waiting for then. When I saw it, it was and I was like at my wife and a couple days later I was like to my younger brothers Stang.

Here are some pictures of my mods so far to Bee.

Added some vinyl to the side gills got them off of e-bay from a awesome seller. Todd Holloway

I highly recommend him!

Added an SS bracket above the SS for my Autobot symbol, and painted the bowtie to match the one from the movie.

Painted the rear bowtie to match and added a Autobot symbol to the back as well. Like my Personal Tag? Wife's idea, she's so smart.

Added floor mats and the MGW shifter knob. Also a little autobot symbol to the steering wheel. I have extra's if anyone is interested.

Key plate from Emblem Pro's, thanks again Roger looks great. Also Roger is making me a plate for my engine cover I will post pictures once I get it.

Other items that I have just waiting on is my yellow interior from GM Parts Direct as well as headrests. I plan on sending my headrests to have an Autobot symbol embroidered and SS done in red to match the floor mats. Also I have had 5" Magnaflow exhaust put on the car since the pictures, I will update with pictures next good weather weekend. Also getting the engine cover painted to match the car.

Edit:

Got my new headrests back from the embroider.

I still have to get some photo's of them in the car.

Edit #2:

Added and windshield banner and picture of my new exhaust.

UDPATE: 3-29-12

Wanted to update the journal with the latest mods.

Engine Cover & CAI / Before and After shots

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Yellow Interior.
I also added some emblems to match my headrests.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And finally my vinyl silhouette I drew in Autocad to add something to my plain fuse box.

I went to a Transformers Show over the weekend and "Barricade" was there as well. Here are a couple pictures.

Last edited by Trailbreaker77; 03-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
brandleeg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/BumbleBee
Trailbreaker's Yellow Camaro Journal

hey where did you get the autobot thing on the steering wheel?
brandleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
CoriJoe

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Very nice. I love the plate!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
can we come over and play with your toys?
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
Trailbreaker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandleeg View Post
hey where did you get the autobot thing on the steering wheel?
I have a couple extra, I bought them from e-bay they shipped from china. I can take a picture. Only asking $5.99 for the pair shipped for who ever is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
can we come over and play with your toys?
Nope, toys are not for playing with.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
Trailbreaker77

My new headrests are finally done, I had to wait months for GM to fill my order. Seems like they have been on back order FOREVER!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #8
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Too cool! I love your car and your wife is AWESOME! I too had to talk my husband into buying this car. But once he saw it, he fell in love and he hasn't been the same since!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Trailbreaker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Too cool! I love your car and your wife is AWESOME! I too had to talk my husband into buying this car. But once he saw it, he fell in love and he hasn't been the same since!
Thanks, yes my wife is AWESOME!

Added exhaust and a new windshield banner.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
Trailbreaker77

Trying to get my engine cover painted hopefully the quote is not to high.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
That plate is awesome...like what you did with your car, pretty creative!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
mion2001
My Upgraded Life

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Headrests

So do you have a contact for the people that did the headrests for you? Looks great. I did a black transformer addition to my 2LT/RS. Just love what you did to yours.

Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
My new headrests are finally done, I had to wait months for GM to fill my order. Seems like they have been on back order FOREVER!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
Trailbreaker77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mion2001 View Post
So do you have a contact for the people that did the headrests for you? Looks great. I did a black transformer addition to my 2LT/RS. Just love what you did to yours.

Joe
I sent you a PM with all the information.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
Capianno

Drives: 2SS/RS
Send a message via MSN to Capianno
Hello

Can you please send me the information on the company that did your headrests. That looks awsome and I am glad you have posted these pics. Cheers!
Capianno is offline   Reply With Quote