Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
My tuner did 3 CTS-Vs. Z28 should be awesome

On the chance that anyone thinks the Z28 will be a dog.

My tuner did 3 -v's to varying degree's

The interesting fact is....a Sedan, with a pulley change ( 13 psi) and headers, cats with borla muffflers....on stock ruber in auto.

ran a 11.01..( tuned)

11flat.! ( ok i did hear it was running some unleaded 100 octane mix...about 96 octane to be exact...enough to combat the heat soak)

Now i feel the Z28 is gonna be something tremendous.

People tend to forget GM has done extensive testing with several model including the current SS and the Nurinburing.
Gm is no stranger to handling geometry, and certainly knows how to make HP.

While the Z28 will certainly suffer the dealer markup ( amv).

I think most will be pleased with its dominance in the segment. heavy or not. Just as the Cts-v hides its weight incredibly,
The suspension specific z28 model will better the 7:59 ring time of the V.

Its a shame Gm fans will have to wait almost another year. Still i beleive once released it should remain at the top of the segment
for a full model year.

(with the way things are going i would beleive GM and Ford are conspiring together for the "You first then Me second" senario. Flip flopping every year.....smart marketing for both!!)

i know i'm not saying anything new....but if a heavy *ss V can run like a scalded dog on stock rubber ( MPS2)
to almost 10 second 1/4 mile..

with Ls9 psi levels and better breathing. i can only imagine the possibilities of the Z28.

Gm surprise us with an easly release!!
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)

Last edited by Napper; 09-26-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
Coolew82

Drives: blk on blk SS/RS
SOunds good to me..
Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Hey Napper, I'm in your area and always on the lookout for a good speed shop. Who is this tuner and where are they located?
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Sounds good

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
10's are looking good
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
And many people seem to have the opinion these powerplants don't have potential, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
And many people seem to have the opinion these powerplants don't have potential, lol.
and some have the opinion it's just limited. . .more limited then other options. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Basing mere speculation on CTS-V facts.

Gm doesn't need More HP the Z28 being 300 lbs lighter should easily run 11 second,
albeit 11.8-.9

And the V's handling and braking prowress, belies its weight.

Is it just me ..or can anyone make a light car handle and brake and go like snot.

But what does it teel you when a a carmaker with a heavy tank, can make it for fantastic acelleration, plus handle and brake in world class fashion.

Nuringburing tested the SS.....i'm sure all that data is being applied to the Z.

Its gonna be fricken awesome.

I might...MIGHT trade my V for one.

but having a 11 flat v is also very cool!!
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post

The interesting fact is....a Sedan, with a pulley change ( 13 psi) and headers, cats with borla muffflers....on stock ruber in auto.

ran a 11.01..( tuned)

11flat.! ( ok i did hear it was running some unleaded 100 octane mix...about 96 octane to be exact...enough to combat the heat soak)

People tend to forget GM has done extensive testing with several model including the current SS and the Nurinburing.

I think most will be pleased with its dominance in the segment. heavy or not. Just as the Cts-v hides its weight incredibly,

Its a shame Gm fans will have to wait almost another year. Still i beleive once released it should remain at the top of the segment
for a full model year.

(with the way things are going i would beleive GM and Ford are conspiring together for the "You first then Me second" senario. Flip flopping every year.....smart marketing for both!!)

i know i'm not saying anything new....but if a heavy *ss V can run like a scalded dog on stock rubber ( MPS2)

with Ls9 psi levels and better breathing. i can only imagine the possibilities of the Z28.

"Something Tremendous" is probably accurate!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Well, the amazing thing about the CTS-V coupe or sedan.. is that they handle... and they handle extremely well. So good in fact that the Sedan is the fastest production sedan around the Nürburgring.

Anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line... just add tons of power and traction.

What i am very amazed is how well the CTS-V can do everything. I raced the CTS-V Coupe around the West Palm Beach International Raceway and well... it can break, accelerate and handle amazingly.

If the Z28 can come close to anything the CTS-V can do for cheaper price I will be a very happy camper. Specially when it comes to the handling.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #11
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Agreed. When both cars were stock, my 09 CTS-V definitely handled better than my 2010 Camaro did. The springs/sways on the Camaro have helped quite a bit. The CTS-V still feels smaller to drive, surprisingly. They appear about the same physical size side by side.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #12
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post

ran a 11.01..( tuned)

for a full model year.

should have a winner with that engine and the z28 looks hundred times better than a cts
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote