Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Calling all detailers!

Have you ever detailed a top end car with the best products and then say you detail a Honda civic would you use turtle wax or like a lower end type of product for a lower end car? I just believe that that is a waste of Americana and other premium waxes and other high end products, I would get the Walmart special for the civic depending on the condition, do you feel that using a high end product on a low end car is a waste? I do. I would use turtle wax, instead of Adams like I would on the camaro or something. Do you guys feel the same way? Or is there some type of "detailers code" that I don't know about?
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I think that's flat out wrong. My standards are set. I use the best I can afford and every car will get the same treatment.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Personally I would use the same products if the price is the same. Rather than the type of car making the difference it depends on what the customer wants/price of the detail. If they want the whole package there is kind of a unspoken code that you treat every car the same regardless if it's a beat up junker or a Ferrari.

Now granted there is always a point where you have to admit it's good enough so you have to gauge each customer's expectations. But I would never want to use a product that would leave a customer unhappy because it'll be that person who tells 10 people, and the happy customer usually won't tell 10 people.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I think that's flat out wrong. My standards are set. I use the best I can afford and every car will get the same treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Personally I would use the same products if the price is the same. Rather than the type of car making the difference it depends on what the customer wants/price of the detail. If they want the whole package there is kind of a unspoken code that you treat every car the same regardless if it's a beat up junker or a Ferrari.

Now granted there is always a point where you have to admit it's good enough so you have to gauge each customer's expectations. But I would never want to use a product that would leave a customer unhappy because it'll be that person who tells 10 people, and the happy customer usually won't tell 10 people.

If someone is paying me to detail their car, I'll use the best I have to do the job. No matter what the car is like. I understand this is a Camaro website but our car is just like any other car out there. Just because the other car is a civic, doesn't mean the owner doesn't take care of it. What makes the Camaro better than the Civic?

I do my best to put out the best possible end result for whoever I'm doing work for

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post

I understand about the standards and everything just wondering about other people's opinions, I have the same feeling about it too depending on the persons expectations... I don't know, I'd stick to standards from Ferrari to junker also!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post

If someone is paying me to detail their car, I'll use the best I have to do the job. No matter what the car is like. I understand this is a Camaro website but our car is just like any other car out there. Just because the other car is a civic, doesn't mean the owner doesn't take care of it. What makes the Camaro better than the civic?

I do my best to put out the best possible end result for whoever I'm doing work for
I'm talking about a person who doesn't give a crap about their car, but then again why would they be getting it detailed?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I'm talking about a person who doesn't give a crap about their car, but then again why would they be getting it detailed?
Exactly, if they're taking their car to you it's because they obviously care about it or are at least wanting to take care of it now

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
I understand about the standards and everything just wondering about other people's opinions, I have the same feeling about it too depending on the persons expectations... I don't know, I'd stick to standards from Ferrari to junker also!
Didn't you post this in your initial thread?

Quote:
I just believe that that is a waste of Americana and other premium waxes and other high end products, I would get the Walmart special for the civic depending on the condition, do you feel that using a high end product on a low end car is a waste? I do. I would use turtle wax, instead of Adams like I would on the camaro or something. Do you guys feel the same way? Or is there some type of "detailers code" that I don't know about?
You do know that "high end" is relative to what you're driving. To some a Civic would be considered high end. To the guys driving Ferrari's and other truly high end cars, the Camaro is FAR from high end.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Didn't you post this in your initial thread?

You do know that "high end" is relative to what you're driving. To some a Civic would be considered high end. To the guys driving Ferrari's and other truly high end cars, the Camaro is FAR from high end.
I changed my mind,and a 150 paint washing shampoo called AMMO is the high end products go,ferrari's. anyways i changed my mind once I posted it.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I changed my mind,and a 150 paint washing shampoo called AMMO is the high end products go,ferrari's. anyways i changed my mind once I posted it.

?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
honestly, i dont like the idea of giving a nice car the good stuff and the average car the crappy stuff. nothing in my arsenal is dollar store bought so its not something to worry about. HOWEVER, i do offer a better wax in place of another wax. for example, i have package 1 package 2 and package 3. if a honda civic gets option 2 than he gets a coat of from my collection. i offer him/her a choice on if they want to upgrade to an even better wax for a fee. i do the same for the high end car as well
Old 05-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

I asked a stupid question I'm sorry... Don't kill me!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
I asked a stupid question I'm sorry... Don't kill me!
It wasn't a stupid question man. Actually it's a good one.
Most people that get cars detailed want their pride and joy cleaned properly.
Remember, we offer things and proper care for their cars. unlike that tent in a mall parking lot that charged 5$ to use god knows what material and products.

I saw these a few days ago at the beach.
These guys took there cars to very bad Detailers Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368381730.416727.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  171.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368381776.874534.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  141.7 KB
Old 05-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Holy Holograms.

So what ultimately is the cause of holograms? I know it's more common with a rotary. But is it dragging a dry pad over the surface that isn't rotating enough?
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote