Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
GJG

Drives: 2SS
my tip.....decide now what type engine covers you are going with......that decision may help you decide whether to move the reservoir to the driver side.......wish i had moved mine during the install.....now i'll have to drain the inter-cooler to move it.....would have taken 30 minutes during install to mount the bracket near the break reservoir.....
Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
my tip.....decide now what type engine covers you are going with......that decision may help you decide whether to move the reservoir to the driver side.......wish i had moved mine during the install.....now i'll have to drain the inter-cooler to move it.....would have taken 30 minutes during install to mount the bracket near the break reservoir.....
That's exactly what happened to me. I had Roto-fab engine covers and had to move the reservoir. Fortunately, I had the shop do the install and they moved the reservoir to the driver's side. But, if we'd known this ahead of time, it would have saved some hassles.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #17
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
You mentioned above that you purchased your Maggie used, did you also get all of the addendums to the installation instructions? There were a few pages of them, I can scan and email them to you if you didn't get them.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Excellent tip! I'm thinking of cutting up my stock cover, I know they sell a bracket kit for it so it should work.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Excellent tip! I'm thinking of cutting up my stock cover, I know they sell a bracket kit for it so it should work.
I second the idea of having the reservoir on the drivers side to start with.....i wish mine was there!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #20
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Good luck PQ! You Da Man!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Uh. I wasn't even thinking about that. I'm not a real cosmetic engine bay guy. Would you suggest it? And if so, link me to some pics?

Quote:
You mentioned above that you purchased your Maggie used, did you also get all of the addendums to the installation instructions? There were a few pages of them, I can scan and email them to you if you didn't get them.
Yup. Tim sent it all to me.

Good thing is that, coming off of a car already, that it is semi assembled in ways. Like the hoses on the blower it's self.

Good tips and ideas here. I have read and taken in the tips thus far. Church went a little long this morning but I'm headed out now.

Oh, and that's my office at work. But I may have started sleeping with it had it been much longer. lol

Bruce, you really think I should contact the previous car owner? And why? Should I be concerned?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Actually no. I don't see any instruction ammendments but just an itemized parts list.

I gotta head to Lowes real quick. I'll take you up on that offer.

pq@althri.com
Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #23
GJG

example of Driver side with roto fab style:

Passenger side with modified stock covers:

Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaz1335 View Post

Don't forget the small brass intercooler plug. Mine was not in the intercooler when I installed it. Took me a while to figure out where the leak was coming from.
I have a small leak in my intercooler that I was going to track down today, I think you may have saved me some time since I didn't install the brass plug. Now the big question, which side of the intercooler does this go on and is it easy to get to with the system installed. Another question, did you mean heat exchanger or the actual intercooler under the supercharger?
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #25
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Actually no. I don't see any instruction ammendments but just an itemized parts list.

I gotta head to Lowes real quick. I'll take you up on that offer.

pq@althri.com
Trying to scan all of the documents into a manageable size, the first attempt was over 45mb. Give me a few minutes.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Two emails sent to you. I included the parts list I have just in case it changed. Please confirm that you got them.

Steve
Old 01-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #27
GJG

Quote:
I have a small leak in my intercooler that I was going to track down today, I think you may have saved me some time since I didn't install the brass plug. Now the big question, which side of the intercooler does this go on and is it easy to get to with the system installed. Another question, did you mean heat exchanger or the actual intercooler under the supercharger?
heat exchanger (radiator).....i can't remember exactly where it is located once installed..... the instructions should help you locate it and decide how hard it is to get to.....there was another DIY? around that had the same problem......sorry i forgot to mention it......i
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
heat exchanger (radiator).....i can't remember exactly where it is located once installed.....
No problem, I will check it out and report back in case anyone else may have forgotten to install it. I appreciate the help.