Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #29
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
From the pictures releasded to date, even the COPO has the rasdio in the dash. Of course i have no idea if it is functional or will make the final production car, but its there now.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #30
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Personally I'm glad they added something, even if it does suck, at least it's a start. Maybe in a few generations they will add the CUE system after econo boxes get them as standard equipment.

But I still agree a delete option should exist and there isn't any good reason for it not to.
Other cars from many different makes have delete options. Mustang has like 3 different radios they use. Chevy simply does not want to offer an option.

I believe the base model camaro will still use the radios we all have now. But if u want a higher model it will use the touch screen. Unfortunately.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #31
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
I really don't get people sometimes they complained about the 2010/2011 steering wheel. Then gm changes it and people complained about it also. I saw a few threads on why gm doesn't add a navigation screen on the camaro cause the mustang has this option. If you don't want the screen then buy a 2011 or 2012. I would be happy if my 2011 camaro had this option.
You know the people complaining about the old wheel and the people complaining about the new wheel are two different groups of people.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #32
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
You know the people complaining about the old wheel and the people complaining about the new wheel are two different groups of people.

yea I know, like me i really didn't like the new steering wheel on the 2012. so i went ahead and bought a 2011 as my choice. just cause i didn't like the steering wheel on the newer models.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
You guys looking for bare bones are the minority. Chevy won't because they wont sell enough to be profitable

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Synerbee; 04-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #34
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Ya can't please everybody, all the time... whether it's a steering wheel, an electronics package, color options, tire types, whatever. Chevy sells based on what will make the most dollars go into their profit column, and there's nothing wrong with that... they are a business, not a charity or a humanitarian organization.

That said, anybody can buy a Camaro, and then do whatever they feel like doing to it... it just costs a little more out of the consumer's pocket to modify it to the way that individual wants it... which, based on GM's market research, is apparently not mainstream.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
You guys looking for bare bones are minority. Chevy won't because they wont sell enough to be profitable

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
I believe you are absolutely correct. The bare bones thing was very rare and limited, even when it was available. It was mostly a feature the factory tried to use to promote sales with success at the track, where wins meant potential customers.

However, that not being the case today as much, the ability of today's buyer to have more (or less) choice for optional equipment, seems to be very limited compared to other years. Everything now is a package of options, not being able to pick and choose. To get leather, for example, you are locked in to getting everything else that goes with it, and vice-versa. That's been the case for quite a while with all makes.

I just don't think its too much to ask for the most powerful engine available in a performance car, and not have a ton of redundant and unwanted interior creature comforts and accessories included that could reduce the price of the vehicle.

With my 2SS, some examples, I would have been perfectly happy without the On-Star system, power seat(s), Blue-Tooth, DIC and HUD set-up (the analog guages allow me to do all that those tell me). I'll take the leather seats and a radio, but I could live without radio controls on the steering wheel. This would in no way make it a factory light-weight, but how much money would not having all of that haved saved me? I'll never know!..lol

Just a side note...They already do an "ash tray" delete! (They didn't seem to lose any sleep over that one!)...But, oh yeah, you can buy the factory optional accessory "smoker's kit"!....just sayin'...lol

Last edited by 90503; 04-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
JackRabitSlims

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
OP...buy one in blue with the new radio and I will trade you mine strait up!
JackRabitSlims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #37
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I believe you are absolutely correct. The bare bones thing was very rare and limited, even when it was available. It was mostly a feature the factory tried to use to promote sales with success at the track, where wins meant potential customers.

However, that not being the case today as much, the ability of today's buyer to have more (or less) choice for optional equipment, seems to be very limited compared to other years. Everything now is a package of options, not being able to pick and choose. To get leather, for example, you are locked in to getting everything else that goes with it, and vice-versa. That's been the case for quite a while with all makes.

I just don't think its too much to ask for the most powerful engine available in a performance car, and not have a ton of redundant and unwanted interior creature comforts and accessories included that could reduce the price of the vehicle.

With my 2SS, some examples, I would have been perfectly happy without the On-Star system, power seat(s), Blue-Tooth, DIC and HUD set-up (the analog guages allow me to do all that those tell me). I'll take the leather seats and a radio, but I could live without radio controls on the steering wheel. This would in no way make it a factory light-weight, but how much money would not having all of that haved saved me? I'll never know!..lol

Just a side note...They already do an "ash tray" delete! (They didn't seem to lose any sleep over that one!)...But, oh yeah, you can buy the factory optional accessory "smoker's kit"!....just sayin'...lol
Here is a guy "who gets it". Thanks for all of the responses. I am done, catch ya on the next thread.
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #38
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
My XM radio service has expired and On-Star will soon also go bye-bye.
The only option I have on my 1SS is the short throw Hurst shifter. I wonder if anyone out there has an El Stripo like mine?
Admittedly though, I do have a Borla S type axle back on order and a CAI, Inc. cold air induction in the mixer for the near future.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
I use everything mine came with, so I'm not parting with any of it. You can have the 1st to 4th mode for sure, will be gone from mine shortly anyways.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #40
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Not sure,lol, its a drag car only...could never be driven on the street...

Wait a few more years...inexpensive used Camaros will be modified, raced, stripped down, lightened etc., like never before!...lol
That'll be cool to see in the coming years! Score an SS for $15k??? I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
From the pictures releasded to date, even the COPO has the rasdio in the dash. Of course i have no idea if it is functional or will make the final production car, but its there now.
Yeah I'd assume that it has all that stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
I use everything mine came with, so I'm not parting with any of it. You can have the 1st to 4th mode for sure, will be gone from mine shortly anyways.

Throw in that skip shift eliminator man! You won't regret it.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #41
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I feel that every option offered on this class of vehicles should be just that: optional, including traction control and anti-lock brakes. If you want a bare-bones vehicle, you should be allowed to order one that way. Just be prepared to pay higher insurance premiums as a result, as well as having little to no trade-in value.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #42
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Gone are the days of selling 5-6k cars a year. In modern manufacturing, more options mean more production cost which translates to higher prices. Lower volume cars cost more per unit than high volume. So, if they would only sell 100 units without TC, a radio, onstar, xm/Sirius and all of the other "optional" items that only a few people want gone, then it would cost more than a fully loaded SS. That 100 cars would have to go through a separate production process and the 100 sold would have to cover the setup and production cost to maintain the line. As opposed to 30k units on the regular line. Look at the COPO if you need proof. Just my 2cent. Remember also that the original muscle cars were bare bones because most cars were. Options lists were very short by today's standards. Power steering, power brakes, and ac was about it for most vehicles right?
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote