Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #29
VictoryRacingEngines

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via AIM to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via MSN to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via Yahoo to VictoryRacingEngines
Andy at AAC has always gone above and beyond.

Regards,
Eric
VictoryRacingEngines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #30
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
Well im not a spokes person for AAC or anything but I have EVERY product they make for the camaro in my car! I live 1 hour away and always call Andy to make an appointment and drive down. This past week i went down there 3 times.

I will say they are ALWAYS busy and take tons of orders on a daily basis and even when i drive down they are scrambling around to get orders filled and packed and shipped. I too have had issues with some parts but as soon as I call ANdy he is very prompt to tell me to drive down and he has his installers fix everything right away!!!!

you gotta understand every business has problems from time to time and its to be expected. As long as you call them and dont automatically take an attitude I am sure your problems will be corrected immediatley, if you call with anger already in your voice good luck get a good response from the otehr end of the phone. I have spent over 4000 bucks with them and will continue to do business with them.

THANKS AAC AND ANDY FOR EVERYTHING
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #31
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
I met Andy and crew at C5fest. Super nice and informative to me. Have footwell tubes, leds in DRL's, cab, trunk, and license plate. I bought the Halo's and just installed myself. My 1st order did take a bit longer, however, they were waiting on Oracle to ship them the led's to fill order. I have 1 tube that is messin up. Was told to ship it back and they would replace it. The "blue" led's are taking longer becouse of numerous orders to match cab / dash colors. I would have kept order and it would have been like xmas when your parts arrive. They are a growing company, give em a chance, Andy will make it right for ya.....

THANK YOU ACC TEAM. MY CAR LOOKS AWSOME WITH HALO'S!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #32
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Well the resolution for problems is not up to my satisfaction. I get parts installed at Fest and wait until this past Tuesday for a replacement part to show up. I will say they need help in the customer service department..... My fog light may or may not have shipped yet, but I don't know as no one will call me back.????? I was told Justin would call me back and guess what no call from Andy or Justin....

I got the new part (Bow tie) and now will have to take off the old one and re-install it.

I have had several problems with my Halo's and I had them installed at AAC, I drove down from Chicago, yes I did, for the install. I have had several problems since..like my whole car filling up with smoke after the Halo wires burned all the insulation off while driving down the road.

I will not go into the PM's (nasty at times from AAC) for me asking for the customer service and really not feeling it. I am sorry but I thought they would treat someone better that went out of the way to help test fit the Afterburner lights.....All I have to show for it now is 4 different color taillights no one can tell me how this happened at their shop?? And one of them is all fogged up?

My only recourse is to send it back to them??? OK why if you have certified installers or Installers that sell your products why can't I bring it to them and honor the warranty for the labor? Why do I have to constantly pay to get my lights fixed that Justin and Andy installed??

Still waiting for a call back on my fog light or at least acknowledge they sent the replacement.

My rant is over, I am sorry if I am one of the few that is posting here now, but for the PM I received from Justin I can not justify the expense and aggravation I have had.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #33
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i guess the guy from the OP bit his tongue and ran out with his tail between his legs

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #34
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I guess I've been fortunate and not had a problem. I even had a tech walking me through installing my HID headlights on the phone while I was under the hood! Top notch in my book. Like others have said, Andy or Justin are always on here and able to help.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #35
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Never had any issues with them that they didn't resolve to my satisfaction. Great service, friendly people...Justin as well as the front desk young ladies...all positive!

Too many of their parts on my car to mention! Very happy with all of them! Waiting for more
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #36
HokieERVet

Drives: SIM/2LT/RS/Black/Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
i guess the guy from the OP bit his tongue and ran out with his tail between his legs
what brings you to that assumption? why does he need to continue to post? He stated his problem and others are now giving their opinion.

Everyone would jump all over him also if he kept posting his original position, so a no-win situation I guess.

I will say the one thing I find interesting about them is whenever you do post about either an issue or a concern, they PM you saying they will fix whatever problem but then ask you to change your original post to something positive about the company (even if you are not bad-mouthing them).

with that being said- the biggest issue I had with them was a part that was on back-order that I was not informed about- strictly a communication error on their end. BUT right now, I would still buy from them.

Last edited by HokieERVet; 05-13-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: wanted to add more
HokieERVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #37
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Im personally spit 50/50, the first time i called i got some pretty bad service from a lady, i even had to ask to talk to some one else, and complained about her. But other times all has been well, with some minor set backs.

Overall i believe that they should work on their customer service.
I hope they take this comments in a good way.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #38
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieERVet View Post
what brings you to that assumption? why does he need to continue to post? He stated his problem and others are now giving their opinion.

Everyone would jump all over him also if he kept posting his original position, so a no-win situation I guess.

I will say the one thing I find interesting about them is whenever you do post about either an issue or a concern, they PM you saying they will fix whatever problem but then ask you to change your original post to something positive about the company (even if you are not bad-mouthing them).
it sounded like he had one little problem with shipping, right after CamaroFest when they got super busy, he freaked out about it, and instead of trying to figure out how to get his stuff, he through a fit and cancelled his order.

i know AAC won't comment on this thread, but there are always 2 sides to a story.

it seems 99% of their customers are happy.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

from what i have seen, it sounds like there is a "lady" that works for them that does not like her job... grounds for termination if she is acting that way (hint, hint)

Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #40
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just spoke with Andy, at length today, and I have to say, with everything that has been on their plates lately..not to mention the overload they must be getting about the Afterburners..Andy was extremely professional and informative. Not to mention going out of his way to help me with some direction for "tweeks" on my Cammy, and even offering some minimal assistance. I have had no issues with AAC. But I have to admit I am nervous about the product quality issues now.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #41
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
This is not directed at any company or person, this is simply my view on customer satisfaction (or not).

You can be the nicest guy on the planet, but if you fail AFTER the sale when things go south,you can't afford 99% satisfaction. Especially if YOU are that 1% of the customers having an issue. Customers always seem to remember the last contact they had with a company and if that was a good one, they'll be back and tell people. If it was bad, they'll be sure to tell people.

My mantra has always been "Say what you say you'll do, and when you will do it and hold to it". That will get you quality service thumbs up every single time. Plus referrals. Sometimes you can't always do something when you say you'll do it. But if so, don't stay quiet about it. Call the customer ASAP and let them know why you can't make the deadline and let them know when you can. Remember, you're working for each customer like they're the only person that matters.

Being "too busy" should never be an excuse. In fact, customers don't want excuses, they want solutions to their problems in a reasonably timely fashion. To a company, being swamped is a good thing but also a curse. But the customer gives two flips about how busy you are. They want their service/product when they want it, and if you can't provide it, they'll find someone who can.

This isn't to say that some customers aren't a pain to deal with. But if you want their money, you'll have to suck it up beyond reasonable amount that you would if you weren't getting paid.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #42
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I would say there is 15% of us not completely satisfied not 1%. I just would like the same respect I have given them when I call and ask for service not taking weeks and multiple calls and PM's. If it takes a public forum for a company to respond I don't think others should judge the few that are complaining of poor service. In my eyes if I pay for a product and the warranty is a part of the product sale, don't tell me to send parts back first, if there is only 1% of us having problems. I say if there are local shops in the area we live why not honor that warranty for the install I was promised? I believe they did not do a 100% perfect install as all the problems I have had with my lights. FULL AAC setup....... I didn't go cheep, so for the poster that spent 4K how and what did you buy for that as I bought almost all the products too and didn't spend near that... If I lived an hour away I would be at the front door getting my car fixed every time it was broken for a lack of quality....

So do I take my lights out of my car and let it sit here not able to drive and wait for weeks with no communication or should they honor their warranty with a local installer of their choice?

Someone please tell me I am off base. If I am not as AAC won't reply?

As I told them before my fog light is out, my taillight is fogged with water and you looked at it at Fest???

???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
it sounded like he had one little problem with shipping, right after CamaroFest when they got super busy, he freaked out about it, and instead of trying to figure out how to get his stuff, he through a fit and cancelled his order.

i know AAC won't comment on this thread, but there are always 2 sides to a story.

it seems 99% of their customers are happy.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbb, horrible, interior, scam