Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #29
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks guys! Now I am asking for some input: When my GFX kit comes I am getting it color matched to my CGM, but on the back piece, I was thinking about leaving some in that Dark Argent Grey it comes in.

There is the area in question. I think it would be nice to break up the body color a bit.

Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #30
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
Great pics. Plan on getting the same stripes painted on and its great to see what they will look like. Definately need pics from all angles when you get the GFX on. I wonder if they would leave that section unpainted for you to see what it looks like on the car unless its too much trouble to paint it after all ready on the car??? Otherwise, I vote paint it.
PSP-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #31
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Those stripes look amazing, and I don't know. I kind of like the way the gradient on the gills turned out. Also, it does look Saleen-esque.

Either way, Nice colors, great shots of the lighting on a CGM camaro.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #32
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Pics look great as well as does the car. (The one where she's under the bridge is my fave!)
As far as the gfx goes, I would do the whole gfx. That is my opinion, since you asked. Enjoy your baby!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Smile The Wheels?

Are the wheels painted or polished. I ordered painted (2SS/RJT/Auto6) and keep thinking about polished 20's. Yours look good so i hope they are painted?
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #34
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

The wheels are the Midnight Silver finish that comes with RS package. Not anywhere near as dark as they look on the builder on the Chevy website. I am very happy with them, they hide the brake dust so I don't have to polish them every time I drive somewhere.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #35
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
The car looks GREAT! Still waiting on mine, I think that Id just leave the rear air splitter in the dark argent color too. Just my own view , it would look good anyway you like it. Cant hardly wait to get mine!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Very nice Lance! I'll make it up there sometime in july... and double on the side window tint in Stoon. Your cops are nuts up there!
The car looks amazing!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #37
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
For the gfx, I think you should leave the bottom portion and the difuser left unpainted. I think it will help break it up.

Also, I do like the idea of the red bowtie. I think you should get some red tape from the parts house and tape it off just to see what it looks like. Take pictures so that we can live vicariously through you.

This car looks great. Between Tag and yourself, I am serously reconsidering SIM for CGM.
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #38
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
For the gfx, I think you should leave the bottom portion and the difuser left unpainted. I think it will help break it up.

Also, I do like the idea of the red bowtie. I think you should get some red tape from the parts house and tape it off just to see what it looks like. Take pictures so that we can live vicariously through you.

This car looks great. Between Tag and yourself, I am serously reconsidering SIM for CGM.
I was gonna get SIM, but my daily driver is a very similar silver to it and I don't want 2 cars looking that similar.

Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #39
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Hey all,

Car came in on tuesday, Lots of stuff booked, ready and waiting to get put on. Will add them in as they come.

Until then, heres the details,CGM 2SS/RS/ M6/MS Wheels, GFX on order/ Vin 9471

My god people, first a UFO in the other thread, now ET's finger in this one!!! Aliens are after our CGM's!!!! They must need a CGM to battle bumblebee!

Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #40
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Test, not linking right? :bangdesk:

There that's better
Old 06-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #41
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post

Wellll..... if you're on the fence, check out the official CGM thread last page, I found some more picts of the Hendrick's car from Detroit Speed (did the suspension on it) and they're nice.

Dont know how to link to a post in a thread, but it's currently on pg 7, post 169, little more than 1/2 way down. Tag's & Snowflake's stripes look incredible, the Hendrick car just proves even the OEM vinyl ones in SIM can look good too.

Love your stripes Snowflake, good choice!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #42
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Thanks guys! Now I am asking for some input: When my GFX kit comes I am getting it color matched to my CGM, but on the back piece, I was thinking about leaving some in that Dark Argent Grey it comes in.

There is the area in question. I think it would be nice to break up the body color a bit.

Opinions?
Personally I'd look into leaving the defuser part at the bottom unpainted before the center section, possibly both but would have to see it.