Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #15
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
Hey- pretty sweet the car tells you to shut down. In the old days you'd get an idiot light that you would in all likelihood ignore and presto - motor is IRREPARABLY damaged.
the idiot light was/is still a signal for the driver to shut the motor off but mufacturers realized that there are actually IDIOTs out there so they implemented a Text and Voice command to tell the IDIOT driver to shut the engine off.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
SilentSoul308

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Got my baby back. She's good as new and American Chevrolet in Modesto, Ca took great care of me! Oh yeah, free oil change too :-)
SilentSoul308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #17
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoul308 View Post
Got my baby back. She's good as new and American Chevrolet in Modesto, Ca took great care of me! Oh yeah, free oil change too :-)
Yeah, it's nice when they have to drain the oil to perform work. One less trip to the dealer
Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
mattderk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoul308 View Post
Diagnosis: faulty oil pump. Being replaced as I type :-)

Did you have any mods ? I have the same issue and dealer is denying to cover due to camshaft and pcm tune.
mattderk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattderk View Post
Did you have any mods ? I have the same issue and dealer is denying to cover due to camshaft and pcm tune.
I'd push the issue and ask for a diagnosis. Technically, if it is a defective oil pump - it should be covered. If it is damage caused by your modifications, then it should not be covered. Seeing how there is a bulletin, and an ass load of oil pump failures on Camaros.... one might logically at least think a factory defect is possible. The - calibration police - though will turn a blind eye to any such possibility and void your warranty without even investigating/diagnosing.

The trouble is finding someone that knows how to read the actual warranty book and M/M Act. The FTC has clearly interpretted the M/M Act as meaning - the warranty cannot be voided for aftermarket parts, and to deny warranty coverage the manufacturer has to show how the aftermarket part caused the failure.

What they will show you is a theory, and the door. Then when you take the pump out yourself on your own dollar - the mtherfcking pressure relief valve will be stuck. I'd love to hear an explanation of how a calibration change caused an oil pump to fail. But they've gone with that arguement on many occasions.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
mattderk

I called GM corporate and talked to another GM dealer .. both denying me any help, except a bill or the door. I'm having it done by another place and putting in a highperformance pump so it doesnt happen again.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #21
mattderk

In the end the issue was a jammed check valve and the o-ring was cut. GM installed the oil pump with a cut o-ring .. nice quality control. There is the source/start of my issues.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
sexystreetmachine
Go Baby, GO!!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 1968 SS, 1993 Z28
I have this problem, the dealer keeps telling me there's no issue and can't find any problems. Granted ive had my car in for MANY failures. Two weeks ago a valve spring broke and damaged the valve, rockers and push rod. Now oil issues and they arent fixing. but its good to know others are having oiling issues
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexystreetmachine View Post
I have this problem, the dealer keeps telling me there's no issue and can't find any problems. Granted ive had my car in for MANY failures. Two weeks ago a valve spring broke and damaged the valve, rockers and push rod. Now oil issues and they arent fixing. but its good to know others are having oiling issues
We would be happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, we will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me or Jeff your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage via private message, we will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
The sun just came out. I cleaned my car. Started it up and got the same message.....
Mine has 9300 KM on it..
hope GM finds a better replacement part, so this doesn't keep happening to me and the rest of the Camaro owners.
Paint chips under spoilers gets a TBS...something that can destroy your engine....only a P.I
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
DINGO

Finally got my car to the dealer...i will keep you all posted.

Call "GM Road side" at around 9:30AM yesterday. Requested a "flat bed". They replied we always send flat bed tow trucks for Camaro's.
Well doesn't the first tow truck show up and isn't a flat bed. The drivers comment was "your going to need a flat bed"...LOL then the driver leaves. The tow company didnt have a flat bed. So instead of calling "GM Road Side" back, they decided to send a regular truck..
So "GM Road Side" calls another company. Requests a "flat bed" , that truck doesn't even show up....
So, now its 1:00PM and my car is still sitting there.
The dealer gave a call to "GM Road Side" asking what happened and if my car is going to be towed today. "GM Road side" response was that the second truck showed up and said my car was to low and couldn't "flat bed" it.
so the next question from the dealer was when would the truck be there to pick it up? the response was "they are not sure", "it could be acouple hours".
So, the dealer called the company they use. My car showed up on the "flat bed" 1 1/2hours later.
So by the time the dealer got done with "GM road side" and had my car picked up. it was 4:00PM when it pulled into the shop.
During this 6 1/2 hour ordeal. i never once got a call from "GM Road Side" and neither did the dealer.
The dealership said i could have had my car back by Saturday morning if they got the car on time. They didn't, so i dont have my car till Tuesday. This on a long weekend.
Because of "GM road side" totally 100% droping the ball. GM has to pay 4 days of rental car fees and im without my car due to stupidty.
The dearship personnel are excellent people. they handled my frustration very well. Also keeping me in good spirts while i was waiting.
I am 100% disappionted with the way GM handled this. I had to get on my cell phone to call "GM Road side" myself. Not once did they try and contact me.
I hope other GM owners are not treaded this way.
I will post pictures of my car on the "flat bed". so that the other tow company can see and train thier staff properly. Also, GM needs to be more careful what tow companies they use. The tow companies are an extention of GM itself. When "bob's towing" shows up, i called "GM road side" so even if its says "bob's". It's still GM providing the service.
I hope the rep's at GM get back to me like i requested on the phone. I asked for something in writing to say sorry for this matter.
This is unexceptable, i wasted 1 whole work day trying to get a "tow". Also a great weekend for my Camaro to hit the open road.

Thanks again to the staff at the dealer ship. Without thier help, i would have pulled all my hair out...
Old 05-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #26
DINGO

heres the tow.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #27
DINGO

Got word from the dealership yesterday. They checked the engine and have excellent pressure. So they say its the sensor.
So they ordered 1 yesterday morning. They check the area and no one had it in stock. So they ordered from Woodstock, Ontario. This morning they found out Woodstock doesn't have it either. So they ordered from somewhere else.
I stopped into a dealership close to my work this morning. They have 2 instock. This dealer is about 45 minute drive from where my car is.
Am i missing something?? Wouldn't it be more efficient to get from this dealer location?
Hopefully my car is done today. If the part doesn't come in on time, then i am looking at Thursday.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
i would bet its still an oil pump issue,, even tapping on the timing cover can sometimes free the stuck pressure valve in the pump,, probly just the rattling around from the tow truck to the dealer was enough to free the valve,, it will probly stick again.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote