Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 11-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^As times change, so do rules. This is in fact, how rules become rules...something happens resulting in change. Well, we learn from the past and make rules to help for the future. As Junkie said, the problem was noted, corrected, and we now are ALL ON THE SAME PAGE.

FOR THE RECORD....

I think that there's two ways to look at the fast times threads.

There's:

1. What is your fastest time in the 1/4 with your particular mods?

and

2. Who is the better driver(by means of fastest times) for their modification class?...(stock, modded w/ headers, etc). This includes following all rules...lights, time slip info, etc.

The official list follows #2.

If you don't believe in it, so be it. That's your call.

If you simply believe in who's got the fastest car for that particular mod and don't care about anything else, then cool for you. Follow the other list.

No one is making anyone follow any particular list. You follow what you want. You go by what you want...doesn't matter to us (or me, at least).

What DOES matter is this.

Junkie made an official list. He put the rules in there for the official list for THIS SITE. If you agree, good. If not, fine....go to the other thread. If you want to make this OFFICIAL thread, FOLLOW THE DARN RULES. Is it that hard to understand?

NO. We don't have to create a poll.

Yes. We COULD "what if" it to death....

But really...what lengths are we going to have to go to in order to verify the times? Are we going to have to force the person to have video of each run? And what if the date on the camera is off, what do we do? Hold up...I'm beginning the what if's now too....oh boy...

This is just something like anything else that has to be worked with as time goes on. We now know the rules for the "official fast list" and worked with members to get an unofficial fast list which included red lights and other scenarios.

But really...let's face it. We can't make everyone happy 100% of the time. But, we can sure try to do our best. Some already obviously agree...and some don't. But, we are trying.

(and for those who ran quicker times, red lighted, and are off the list, why so upset??? You, yourself, know....YES. You have a pretty D@MN fast car! BE HAPPY!!!!)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #58
8ty8 ls1
Resident Engineer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1988 GMC S-15
its funny how this is the only site that cares about reaction times for a "fast list". ls1tech (which has been the authority on lsx based vehicles since the beginning) has NEVER counted reaction times because the whole idea of a "fast list" is to compare and contrast the VEHICLES not the DRIVERS. IMO (and many others as well as i'm reading) is that having to different lists because of reaction time is utterly ridiculous. what makes this board so special that it can just do away with the actual format of a "fast list"? i'm sorry, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. this is not at all because i was removed from the top of the list at all. i could have been number 20 on the list and just the principal alone is insane. i'm not a comp racer. i have tested and tuned all my life and i leave when i'm damn well good and ready; whether the light is green or not. the car will run what its going to run regardless of when i leave. so if you're going to use reaction times as part of the governing system, you should have specified that from the start. and as i posted in the "Official" list, you have still yet to stipulate any kind of reaction time clause. i say get on the ball gentlemen.

12.68 @ 109: LSR cai, Borla S-type axle-back, Tunes
8ty8 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #59
8ty8 ls1
Resident Engineer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1988 GMC S-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
But really...what lengths are we going to have to go to in order to verify the times?
you shouldn't have to go through any lengths. it is what the slip says. ET is ET is ET.

12.68 @ 109: LSR cai, Borla S-type axle-back, Tunes
8ty8 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #60
coolman

I don't understand why you guys that red lighted would be upset. All I'm saying is go try again without red lighting. You'll just prove it even more that the car can do it. Are you worried that the car wouldn't ever run that time again or what?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #61
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
For those who want immediate action on this topic:

I am posting form my cell phone for a few days as I am on other business so excuse my post if they come off direct and to the point. The list is the list we have an unofficial list and a official list. If that doesn't solve your issues I apologize.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #62
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
man this is getting good!!!!

I just don't understand how you can red-light with a positive reaction time

Whenever I or anybody else has red-lighted the time slip shows a NEGATIVE time. He shows a POSITIVE .468 or so. Sounds to me like the guy running the clock is the same dumbass putting the dates on the timeslip

Just my .02.

Continue gentlemen...
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #63
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Yep bc he put the wrong date on the timeslip I can't even be on the unofficial list
Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #64
1320junkie

Why not continue all of these discussions in the discussion thread where it belongs?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31174
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #65
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Why not continue all of these discussions in the discussion thread where it belongs?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31174
thanks junkie didn't know about it.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #66
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
thanks junkie didn't know about it.
lol..no problem it's in the first post of the fast thread also..lol
Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #67
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Well here is a thought.....

How about splitting this thread because o2camaross's thread got JACKED with all this red light debate!

Just my .02

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #68
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
Well here is a thought.....

How about splitting this thread because o2camaross's thread got JACKED with all this red light debate!

Just my .02
on cell phone..cant do it from here
Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #69
JP2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Running just like mine
JP2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote