Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Metra Kit Bugs/Notes...

Guys,

I've wired up the Metra Kit with my Kenwood DNX9960 and have noticed a few quirks and I wanted to see if everyone else has these issues...

1. When pushing the steering wheel button for Handsfree, the Handsfree voice says "goodbye" the first time rather than "Ready". You have to push it again to get it to say "Ready"...This may be a moot point, as I will more than likely never use the GM Handsfree again with the Metra Kit and Kenwood installed.

2. When pushing Onstar, the system is interrupted as it should, but when you end the Onstar call, the Metra Kit automatically turns the Mute / ATT ON on and you have to push the volume up button to get normal volume. I would think it should turn ATT off or not toggle it at all. I did have to put a 100K resistor in between the Mute and 12V switched wire as the Metra Kit manual stated, or the head unit would lose power when you would push OnStar.

3. I find the included relay for the turning signal too loud when the turning signal is active, the clicking noise is louder than the stock unit was...

4. You have to remove the back of the radio compartment in order for everything to fit. Luckily I had a Dremel Extension, similar to a dentist's drill which allowed me to trace the edges of the compartment to cut the back out, or there was no way I would have been able to fit all the wires and axxess box in the space...

5. I am contemplating getting a back-up camera, so I haven't closed everything up yet, and I wanted to make sure that the glitches I was seeing was normal for everyone, Kenwood has a really fancy back-up camera, the CMOS-300 which actually has multiple views.

Let me know if you guys have seen the same things on your units if you have installed them yourself or had an installer do the work.

Thanks,

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
Oh that's a deal breaker. im not cutting up my car.
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhX View Post
Oh that's a deal breaker. im not cutting up my car.
Regarding this...You would really never know you cut this piece out and I don't think it is needed in order to re-install the stock radio, the bolts should hold it in.

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Sorry to hear you have problems with the Metra kit.