Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
No...unfortunately I'm not going to C5fest.

I'm just going to have to take peoples word on it. I've been looking at BMR's street version which has the craddle inserts and the rearend bushings for street use.

I need to also take a closer look at what Pedders offers for those as well.

I was considering spending my money on gears but after researching that route I think I'm going to back off of them for now and go back to doing bushings.

Any recommendations on Pedders craddle and rearend bushings for mostly street use with the occassional trip to the drag strip......and maybe a road coarse some day?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
So with sub-frame bushings I'm assuming you are saying the same thing as craddle bushings?

Does Pedders make craddle bushing inserts like the BMR ones?

I'm also a little nervous to add ploy bushings for fear that it will make the car ride stiffer.

Pedders was making inserts for the ZETA platform two years before the USA had a G8 to look at, let alone start product development on one. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. We get flattered a lot

Addressing your sub-frame bushes with inserts or full bushes will not alter your ride quality. Control arm bushes, shocks, springs and tire sidewall all have far more influence on ride quality than sub-frame bushes.

Install Pedders EP1200 sub-frame inserts. I guarantee you will be satisfied with your ride quality. If you aren't call me at the office (248.522.8021) and I'll refund your money.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
The first thing we push our clients to do here are bushings. Especially the cradle bushings.

They are the foundation of your entire suspension. The stiffer the rest of your suspension is, and the stickier and/or bigger your tires are, and the more power you make the more your foundation gets acted upon.

For all of you guys worried about stiffness, please keep in mind this is not (should not be ) a moving component. It exists to be nothing more than a noise isolator (NVH isolator). The spring and shock are there to control your suspension.

On other vehicles we have actually noticed the suspension get softer when doing such mods because the load gets focused more properly into the shocks and springs.

Now am i saying everyone should have a solid bushings? Absolutely not. There are noises that all of our cars make, that none of want to hear all day everyday out of our daily drivers. And thats why we have companies like Pedders that offer different levels of bushing for our vehicles. For those of us making 600+rwhp you better have a full replacement bushing in there, Like a ep1201 or ep1201hd.

and for the record Pedders has had a full suspension for the zeta platform for almost five years now. Nobody is more experienced with your car than they are.

I will be at Camaro5 fest, and will show up with a fresh set of tires, that i intend to use and abuse, if anyone wants try it out please let me know.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
[QUOTE=nuptualnemesis;2947821]It really needs drag radials to hook. Nitto 555's last longer on the street and hook pretty good. I got about 50 passes and 8,000 miles out of my first set. I bet not many stock rear tires lasted as long. Run 30lb on street. Wore out centers at 35lb.

I ran a 1.60 60' with 305/35/20's on 10" wide rims. He needs to experiment with different rpms on the brake at launch and speed of roll in on the throttle. Pedal throttle with extensive tire spin.[/QUO

He Was running the nt555r's with the trailing arms. He ordered them 2 parts, still have not came yet.
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #19
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Mike, where the hell have you been?

I've been to Haddad Motorsports, and if your in the LA Area, it's the place to go, period.
He's had a Zeta car for a long time, and his shop is one of the few shops that i have absolutely zero concerns with recommending anyone to go to.

And if you have the balls, ask him for a ride. (I didn't have the balls, my wife keeps them)
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote