Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
It begins today! My '14 Spring Edition SS journal

Beginning pics here

Tinting installation this afternoon! Lots of custom painted goodies being ordered to go under the hood next:

• Custom engine cover, fuse box cover & wiring cover
  • CAI cold air intake custom painted
  • Apex catch can custom painted
  • Stainless Steel hoses for catch can & radiator
  • Custom painted Strut Brace
  • Painted Strut caps
  • White brake caliper covers

Also coming soon, I plan on taking it in to a high-end detail shop for a full exterior detail & any necessary paint correction and add some pin striping. Depending on the options I will most likely put a Gtechniq or Modesta treatment on her.

Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Awaiting pics! (in the thread)

because........................................... ............................................

(someone was bound to do it, might as well be me, LOL) But still......
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
Balok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Awaiting pics! (in the thread)
Yes ma'am! Nothing really special...yet! Only tinting. The good stuff is coming in about 3 weeks or so!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
BreedsAS

Drives: 16 Camaro: Mosaic/2SS/A8/NPP/Custom
Very sleek SS right there!

'16 Chevy Camaro 2SS Auto - Mosaic Black l Kalahari Interior l NPP l Nav l Sunroof.
Prismatic 22" concave Koko Wheels l Lexani Tires l GM Splitter l ACS Rockers l ACS Spoiler l BMR Drop l Limo tint l Smoked Lighting l Debadged l LEDs l WeatherTech l More to come...
YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...9-q-ccCuqVONUw
BreedsAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Balok

New update! S.L. Customs has begun painting all my parts! Here's the engine cover, strut brace, wiring cover, fuse box cover & caliper covers!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The CAI should be in and painted by early next week, and I have an appointment for Friday do go down and have everything installed. The week after, I will turn her over to The Shine Shop in Greensboro for a complete exterior detail and Modesta coating.

Last edited by Balok; 07-11-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
Balok

New bling installed under the hood today! All custom painted parts done by S. L. Customs in Mooresville, NC in Summit White and Blue Ray Metallic to match my 2014 Spring Edition colors. CAI Intake, Apex Catch can, Engine Cover, Strut Brace, Strut Caps, Fuse Box Cover, Wiring Cover and Dipstick cover.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Super pretty car!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #8
caohilipnat

Drives: camaro
yeah,yet! Only tinting. The good stuff is coming in about 3 weeks or so!thanks
caohilipnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
Balok

Just a quick update with what's going on and some good/bad news depending on how you look at it. I'm making the choice to look at it as good other than a little time and cash I'll be out of, lol.

A couple of weeks ago in a totally spontaneous moment I decided to go back to VIR to run the track during the Saturday session with Track Daze. I couldn't force myself to go to sleep Friday night so only got about 3 hours of sleep heading into Saturday morning. So after driving nearly 2 hours to the track, unpacking my gear, driving the event, packing back up and driving home I was completely exhausted.

This fatigue lingered into Sunday which was my "clean-up" day for my car to get all the track gunk and rubber off of her. That lingering exhaustion combined with one of the hottest days of the year so far led to my doing one of the stupidest things I've done! I had washed and dried the whole car and finished up with the windows and decided to wipe down everything under the hood. Like I said, I was still totally exhausted and forgot the wiper arms were still in the raised position and tried to raise the hood! All I heard was a scrape and I knew immediately what had happened.

Yep, sure enough they did a number on the edge of the hood that faced the window. I did as good as I could of a touch up job but to fix it properly the whole hood will have to be painted. But, this isn't as bad as you might imagine because I've actually been thinking about having it done anyway because I don't really like the vinyl and would rather have the rally stripes in real paint like the air vent. While it's at the shop I'm also going to have Kyle do the trunk and spoiler too. So when it's all done, all the vinyl will be gone and the stripes will be replaced with real paint. That vinyl just doesn't look as good as paint does and the difference is stark when you look at the painted air vent versus the vinyl surrounding it on the hood. This also means that the Modesta coating will have to be postponed for a couple of months to allow the new paint to cure. My detail shop is going to be pissed, but that's life. So it's back to SL Customs in a week or so for me!

Also, here is a pic of the new lettering I added on the back of the car where I removed the gaudy bowtie. This turned out so well that I've ordered new letters for the fenders and will have them painted Blue Ray Metallic as well. I REALLY like how this turned out! I also ordered dark navy blue inserts to go inside the red SS badge since there's not a speck of red on this car other than the lights of course, lol.

I had to take a picture of my VIR sticker too!

Last edited by Balok; 07-21-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
CanadianSS
Blue Streak

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS
Boy I really like these Spring Additions. Yours is looking sharp!
2010 CAMARO 2SS SLP TVS2300 3.4 pulley, 9PSI Custom Tune, ZL1 FP, ADM FPCM, ID 850's, tr7ix plugs, CAI intake, KOOKS 1 7/8 & HFC, Magnaflow Comp catback, Pedders Xa coilovers & sway bars & sub frame bushings Mpd1 Z hood & spoiler, Vertical doors, Hurst short shifter, R1 dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS Pads, Niche Apex & Nitto Invo front:20X10-275, rear:20X10.5-315, GM GFX & Satin gas cap, RS projectors, T3 bumper ports, T4 splitter, Alpine INE-W927HD, Metro dash kit
CanadianSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #11
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Nice car!

Why didn't you get the NPP exhaust? Looks like your diffuser is designed for quad tips.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #12
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Man that engine compartment is looking very familiar..........

Do want to know where you ordered the wiring cover from. Looks nice and is what I need for mine since I have a bit of extra stuff over there(Wifi Led controller, led light strip wiring etc). Mostly have all the extra stuff nicely tied up and hidden as much as possible but would like that cover there.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
Balok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
Man that engine compartment is looking very familiar.......... Do want to know where you ordered the wiring cover from.
LOL, yeah I saw a pic of yours the other day and thought, "man that dude's gonna think I totally ripped off his design ideas", lol. But I've actually had this in the works for a couple months now. I guess great minds think alike and all that, lol.

Anyway, I think there's a guy here in NC that makes them, but I don't know how to get in touch with him. But if you call Kyle at SL Customs he can either tell you how to get up with the guy, or probably just get you one and paint and ship it to you.

Thank you for your service.

SL Customs
154 Lugnut Ln,
Mooresville, NC
(704) 663-6500
Old 07-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Beautiful car, reminds me of a couple other of my favorites, Trans Ams that had a similar paint scheme.
Attached Images