Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #169
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Why are you guys ****ing benchracing in this thread. You high-jacked his thread. No one wants to hear you two bitch and moan back and forth. The op wants reasons why the Camaro is better then the Mustang not the other way around and not talking about benchracing. If you can't give any helpful information for his cause just get the hell out of this thread before it falls all the way off the cliff and gets closed down.

Geez you guys will turn anything into a this is better because situation. Man you guys and your E-penises. get over it./rant

PS the GT500 weighs more then the SS. GT500 (3920) SS(3841)
Well you sure contributed a lot with that rant. Nice mouth and it's hijacked not high-jacked.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #170
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
Yet more Ford fanboys that just can't get the point that the SS is very close to the GT500. I have beaten GT's so bad I couldnt even see them in my rearview anymore. I have no launch control on my SS friend. I have an auto with a great tune and some bolt-ons with a bigger cam on the way. When I was stock I got beat by a few GT500s but also beat a few GT500s. Now with bolt-ons and a tune, it's a no contest. There is always someone faster. The GT and GT500 are not gods of the road.
You don't have to lie to kick it....
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #171
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Well I guess what we can all get from this is that an automatic 400hp stock SS is faster than a stock 540hp 6 speed GT500. Good to know.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #172
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Even the old LT equipped Z28's took to simple bolt on's very well but those two remarks there I think your version of 2 car lengths and what 2 car lengths really equal out to are totally different. I don't even have to point out that GT500's are hitting mid 12's and Camaro's mid 13's, you already said it. You and I both know that a 1 second plus difference in 1/4 mile E/T doesn't mean the slower of those two is "keeping up" with the faster one, that's commonly referred to as "being left behind". Yeah, not hardly any difference between the Camaro and the GT500, civilized society as a whole must be completely clueless. You are absolutely correct about the drivers being an intregal factor as well as winning some and losing some. To throw a blanket statement out there like the one regarding Camaros and GT500s not being that far apart though.....
They aren't that far apart in real world racing man. Maybe 2 car lengths was slightly exaggerated stock for stock but it was a good win. With what I have done now it is no contest and it only cost me like 2500 to do when a GT500 is already way more expensive. The Camaro is the better buy.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #173
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain1 View Post
Well I guess what we can all get from this is that an automatic 400hp stock SS is faster than a stock 540hp 6 speed GT500. Good to know.
Never said it was faster.........said I won a few races. The faster car doesn't always win. But now with what I have done to my SS.........hell yeah Im faster and for alot cheaper than if I would have gotten a brand new GT500. And you guys are taking this the wrong way. I dont hate the GT500, I almost bought one but couldn't justify paying that for one. I love the car and the way it looks.

ZL1
Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #174
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Only on Shrumes or lot's of alcohol
Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #175
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Yet more Ford fanboys that just can't get the point that the SS is very close to the GT500. I have beaten GT's so bad I couldnt even see them in my rearview anymore. I have no launch control on my SS friend. I have an auto with a great tune and some bolt-ons with a bigger cam on the way. When I was stock I got beat by a few GT500s but also beat a few GT500s. Now with bolt-ons and a tune, it's a no contest. There is always someone faster. The GT and GT500 are not gods of the road.
They were probably watching you drive like an idiot and letting you put as much space as you could between you and them. What you said is laughable.
Hopefully the OP on this thread doesn't listen to you. Both cars have their distinct advantages. From what I've seen over the years, Camaros take to bolt on mods better than any car out there, even the Mustang. I have run up against a few of them, LS and LT, that have had purely bolt on's and man they were quick. Aftermarket mods are very affordable for the Camaros as well. I think that would be an important thing to mention when talking about these two cars because I haven't known many people at all that keep a Camaro or Mustang stock.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #176
Lee9710

Quote:
They were probably watching you drive like an idiot and letting you put as much space as you could between you and them. What you said is laughable.
Hopefully the OP on this thread doesn't listen to you. Both cars have their distinct advantages. From what I've seen over the years, Camaros take to bolt on mods better than any car out there, even the Mustang. I have run up against a few of them, LS and LT, that have had purely bolt on's and man they were quick. Aftermarket mods are very affordable for the Camaros as well. I think that would be an important thing to mention when talking about these two cars because I haven't known many people at all that keep a Camaro or Mustang stock.
No they weren't watching me drive like an idiot. We were at the local track here in town. I would hope they wouldn't pay to race and then lose on purpose in front of all those people. But I do agree with everything else you said, very good points for the paper.

ZL1
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #177
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
OK so now we are talking modded. That's a pointless argument. You can also slap a $3800 super charger on a GT and you're making 450 to the wheels. All for a total of around $30k.
I love these threads. Inevitably they start talking stock vs stock, until someone starts saying "well, with my mods I'm faster". That's pretty much a discussion ender right there. ANY car can be made to go fast.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #178
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Made me spit out my drink
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #179
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Only on Shrumes or lot's of alcohol
Well.......great contribution. Nice to know there is a BMW owner in her conversing about Camaros and Mustangs. Do you even own one? Have you ever participated in a race between a GT500 and an SS? I'm curious.

ZL1
Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #180
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Know what I don't like?

Strawberry ice cream.

So you know what I don't do?

I don't go to forums dedicated to strawberry ice cream and continually put down a product I have no interest in.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #181
Lee9710

Quote:
OK so now we are talking modded. That's a pointless argument. You can also slap a $3800 super charger on a GT and you're making 450 to the wheels. All for a total of around $30k.
I love these threads. Inevitably they start talking stock vs stock, until someone starts saying "well, with my mods I'm faster". That's pretty much a discussion ender right there. ANY car can be made to go fast.
For the price of a GT500.........a few bolt-ons for the Camaro makes it alot faster. Slapping a supercharger on is quite different than a few bolt-ons. A GT with a few bolt-ons will not respond like the Camaro and definitely will not make up the ground that the SS does against the GT500. Not talking heavy mods here, just a few bolt-ons that don't even void the factory warranty.

ZL1
Old 10-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #182
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
No they weren't watching me drive like an idiot. We were at the local track here in town. I would hope they wouldn't pay to race and then lose on purpose in front of all those people. But I do agree with everything else you said, very good points for the paper.

So you're saying at your local track you beat a GT so bad you couldn't see it in the rearview anymore. What are yall racing? the 2 mile

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race