Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro View Post
Just wondering what you guys think the outcome would be. I'm talking the crown Vic as well as the impala and the charger. I looked up some stats online and it looks like the crown Vic doesn't break 250hp and the charger doesnt break 380. Idk about the impalas. However, they also have all that extra stuff like reinforced chassis, backseat cage, etc. and with all that electronic equipment they have to run.
Basically, I think I can take them :P. Just want some feedback. I don't plan on running from the police. However, I do my fair share of eluding haha. Whenever I pass a cop and I'm speeding more than 5 or 10 mph over, I duck down the next side street .
Anyways, let me know what you guys think please.
Yes you can outrun a lot of standard law enforcement vehicles, but dude you have a GM car, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Where I live has a fleet of police Tahoes that they replaced the crown vics with. The officers claim they can outrun the vics which I confirmed when I raced my friends police package vic with my 03 Yukon. Such an easy kill for the Yukon, which surprised me. I figured it would win but not as bad as it did. They also said it could outhandle the vics since they lowered the tahoes 2 inches with the police package. I think they proved themselves wrong when a couple of them flipped while in a pursuit one time. But the tweaking they did to the ecm's on the police tahoes seemed like they made them blisteringly fast. I mean I saw them on the move one time and they were really moving for a 6000 pound suv. However my favorite police car is the one I currently own and drive.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #17
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
Where I live has a fleet of police Tahoes that they replaced the crown vics with. The officers claim they can outrun the vics which I confirmed when I raced my friends police package vic with my 03 Yukon. Such an easy kill for the Yukon, which surprised me. I figured it would win but not as bad as it did. They also said it could outhandle the vics since they lowered the tahoes 2 inches with the police package. I think they proved themselves wrong when a couple of them flipped while in a pursuit one time. But the tweaking they did to the ecm's on the police tahoes seemed like they made them blisteringly fast. I mean I saw them on the move one time and they were really moving for a 6000 pound suv. However my favorite police car is the one I currently own and drive.
Police Vics are slooow, but they would take corners like nobody's business. I had a 97 pi, rn a best of a blistering 16.1 lol, and that was a fast time for those cars!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Police Vics are slooow, but they would take corners like nobody's business. I had a 97 pi, rn a best of a blistering 16.1 lol, and that was a fast time for those cars!

they can corner like nobody's busines?
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
They handle really well with no body roll haha
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #20
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
They are well balanced and roomy. I wouldn't say they corner like nobody's business, but they are very easy to drive fast.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #21
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
They are well balanced and roomy. I wouldn't say they corner like nobody's business, but they are very easy to drive fast.
Maybe i should have said surprising for such a big car I guess it helped that they were really light for what they were at around 3600-3800 pounds, now the 98 and newer ones are over 2 tons.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7...6274--,00.html

You will be very surprised I think.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
I believe the Caprice is actually 355hp, the AWD Turbo interceptor is 365, and the Hemi CHargers 370ish
I was estimating because it was suppose to have a LS2, lol. If that's the correct numbers than thanks for correcting me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #24
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Vics do corner very well for what they are. They have a Watts link rear suspension that keeps the body from rolling off the rear diff. My caprice handles excellent too for what it is. Both cars give you confidence and anyone can drive them around a track and get a fast, well not fast, but they can push it through there as fast as it is capable of very easily. You just have to drive one to know what I'm talking about. Surprisingly though, every police officer I talked to that was around when they had the old box caprices said they handled better than mine and the vics. I never knew why because the frame is the exact same as mine along with the suspension. I guess it may be body weight distribution because I'm pretty sure mine is much lighter in the rear than a box body style.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #25
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Quote:
Yeah my caprice destroyed that time with a 14.9 on a cold day. 15.4 in Alabama August heat.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #26
Gordo

Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
police inteceptor hmmm well I have blue lights in my cammed 480+ rwhp SS does that count lol I've never been late to a call out.