Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #99
SteelShadows

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
I'm going to have the same rules for my new Camaro that I had for my old car, and they are pretty simple and go for everyone.

#1 No eating in the car.

While easy to clean, it's also easy to just wait the few minutes to get where we are going to eat our food if we have take out.

#2 No smoking in the car.

I don't like the smell of it, and have issues with the smoke from cigarettes.
SteelShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #100
jerisc

Drives: CAR
HaHa!
I promised my hubby a couple years ago when he was on new truck #2 that I would never, ever smoke in his new truck,

as long as he never, ever asked me to go anywhere with him!
Guess we all know how that turned out. I smoke in our vehicles, we eat in our vehicles, we both cringe when children or disrespectful people ask to ride along, but it will clean up.
I wouldn't let my hubby in my car if he had grease/oil/dirt all over his hands/arms/backside, but he wouldn't expect too, either. Being married for 27 years allows a comfort zone, but don't mean we fail to respect each other or our automobiles....
jerisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #101
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
There is nothing worse than the smell of a car that been smoked in. Smokers just have no idea just how bad they stink ...
Old 08-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #102
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
There is nothing worse than the smell of a car that been smoked in. Smokers just have no idea just how bad they stink ...
I saw something new the other day with regard to smoking in a car. I have seen people holding cigarettes outside the window, but this was crazy. Some guy in an SUV (I think it was a Range Rover) was wearing a latex glove on his left hand and holding the cigarette on top of the roof of the car. He would momentarity pull his hand back inside to take a drag and then put his hand back up on the roof and blow the smoke out the window. Now that is an elaborate measure to hide your smoking from somebody!
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #103
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
I think it's a car, and she is more important. I'm sure if she wanted to get a little frisky, while you were driving it would be a different story though. Don't sweat the little stuff, the car will clean up again...
Getting frisky in a G5 Camaro, well, I am 6'3", my wife is 5'11", not exactly sure how that would work but I can bet it would be very uncomfortable.

I do not have that long of a list of rules for the Camaro but my 6 year old little girl knows to step over the door seal when getting into the back seat!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #104
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Getting frisky in a G5 Camaro, well, I am 6'3", my wife is 5'11", not exactly sure how that would work but I can bet it would be very uncomfortable.

I do not have that long of a list of rules for the Camaro but my 6 year old little girl knows to step over the door seal when getting into the back seat!!!
Simple, open a window.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #105
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
I think it's a car, and she is more important. I'm sure if she wanted to get a little frisky, while you were driving it would be a different story though. Don't sweat the little stuff, the car will clean up again...
Sorry, been my experience that wives come and go, but Camaro is forever, until they discontinue it again anyway.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #106
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
I used to be like that. Now it's a car. I drive it. I enjoy it. I clean it. When it's wore out ill get another.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #107
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car
no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel
no to go food unless we are driving straight home
no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on
no heavy lotion
before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands
dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window
dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it
no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car

dont think i am being too picky....what do you guys with spouses or girls with camaros think? what are your quirks?

Those rules are good. It's amazing how careless some people can be with your property. Skid marks on the door panel are hard to avoid for most though so that never bothered me and they clean up easily enough. Of course you should only allow domesticated females in to your Camaro. The feral women tend to leave a mess wherever they go and are hard to train which is why I'm usually forced to lock them up in the backyard at night.

The only thing I would add to that list is the girls need to keep their arm off the arm rest when I drive. Bumping elbows every time I have to shift gears get annoying fast.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #108
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
You forgot one....

When opening the door from the outside put your fingers around the door handle, do not scratch the door panel with your nails.

And if you have personalized floor mats...

Keep your feet of the "SS" in the floor mat
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #109
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
My wife can do as she pleases, it's only a freaking car. With that said, she basically emulates how I treat my car, no reason to impose rules on her.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #110
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post
I used to be like that. Now it's a car. I drive it. I enjoy it. I clean it. When it's wore out ill get another.
This! Do not get me wrong, I am nutz about my car. I do work hard to keep it clean, well maintained, and looking sharp. With that said, she is (will soon be) a daily driver...which means rain, dirt, more wear and tear. Hard as it is to say....so be it, I will get another one or something else when this one is done.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #111
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Anyone who has this type of car as a DD, learns quick those rules need to be toned down. If this is your only car, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. My girlfriend loves my car and respects it and that's enough for me. Shes careful with it so why be so anal as to say no food or drink, don't wear this and that. Its just a car, it can be cleaned and almost all of us take amazing care of our rides compared to most other people.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #112
BlackSS10

Drives: 2010 SS M6
Whit all due respect to the OP.. you can come across as being somewhat of a jerk.. It's just a car man we all love to keep our cars clean but family comes first.. I have a 3 year old he loves riding with me, when he tells me daddy I'm hungry what I'm I suppose to say oh no son wait till we get home because I don't want you to get daddy's car dirty... Not gonna happen... Not trying to be rude OP just my opinion.
BlackSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote