Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
I park alone!!

I park alone,
yeah With nobody else
You know when I park alone
I prefer to be by myself

OK so today I am getting groceries. Every sunday. Same store, same parking spot. Shit I even seem to almost always have a cart handy out here! A few times I have drove buy and there were other people parking their "babies" in my spot, but I never had anyone actually in my spot on Sunday.

Anyways, I thought I would post a picture of my regular sunday grocery store parking spot. My family thinks I am insane. I worry that my wife does not understand that some people just don't give a shit and use your car as a door stop! Aside from the tree .. thank god for no bird shit its a decent spot. It has a partial barrier around my car. Sometimes I douche park right on top of the line. I have done it a few times, but I really that. Its far enough away that I should not have to.

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
I am driving up from California to take your spot. See you Sunday!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
I am driving up from California to take your spot. See you Sunday!
Just fuel up before you cross the boarder .. trust me!

Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteMayheM View Post
Just fuel up before you cross the boarder .. trust me!
HAHAHA I filled up for $3.75 today. What does it run up north?

BTW I park wayyy out in the back of parking lots too. It stresses me out having to park next to a random car. It just takes that one guy who doesn't care
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
George Thorogood, is that you?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
HAHAHA I filled up for $3.75 today. What does it run up north?

BTW I park wayyy out in the back of parking lots too. It stresses me out having to park next to a random car. It just takes that one guy who doesn't care
I think I calculated it not that long back .. for 94oct its like 5.26/gal here

Old 06-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
It does not matter where you park, how far from the entrance you park, how empty the parking lot is when you park, or how bad the weather is...soon enough you will come out of a store into an empty parking lot on a rainy day and see that someone for some reason inconvenienced themselves to bypass all the close empty spots to park right next to you. And their driver's side door will be towards your car. And soon after that people will park next to you all the time regardless of other spots. It is inevitable...and your destiny.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It does not matter where you park, how far from the entrance you park, how empty the parking lot is when you park, or how bad the weather is...soon enough you will come out of a store into an empty parking lot on a rainy day and see that someone for some reason inconvenienced themselves to bypass all the close empty spots to park right next to you. And their driver's side door will be towards your car. And soon after that people will park next to you all the time regardless of other spots. It is inevitable...and your destiny.
It's the truth, and I have 2 door dings to prove it. I assure you, I always park as far as possible, and it never fails, when I come out someone is parked next to me. It doesn't so much bother me when its another nice car because I assume they are trying to protect their car by parking next to someone that obviously care about their car, but normally its some beater or family car.
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Mudbeast2

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
When I would take mine to the store I would park far away as well and it never fails I come out of the store & some ass parked right next to me & there are 50 other parking spots closer. I think they do it to be dicks. Next time I'm slashing tires!

Mudbeast2
2010 Camaro SS
K&N Cold Air Imtake
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back System
Mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #10
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
George Thorogood, is that you?
HA! funny lol.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #11
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
this thread reminded me of a greenday song.. boulevard of broken dreams haha guess that shows my age but anyway...
i do the exact same thing as you, i take it a step further when i park at work... i work at a train station, and instead of parking like i normally would far far away from everyone else.. i just decided to park illegally lol check this out.. right beside their kiss and ride pick up area haha

heres a funny story.. my buddy and his dad went to a store and the parking lot was completely empty that day, not one car. his dad drives a ford escape it was brand new at the time 2011, so he parks in the middle of the lot not far but not close to the entrance. so they are just walking to the store and they hear a loud crash noise... some guy pulled into the lot and tried to park next to the escape and ended up crashing right into it. my friend lost it but his dad was just quiet. he walked up and just say why... please just tell me why out of all the spots why beside me... haha
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #12
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
It's not nuts to park away from other people. Paintless dent removal can cost 100 bucks per dent, or more. I know, I just had it done last month, because of the d-bags that live in my complex. Nobody owned up, so it was 100% out of my pocket to remove two.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
lmfao!!!! had the same thought when i saw the thread title, you know when i park alone............
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I try to as well most of the time.

Speaking of which, the wife and I went on the Anheuser Busch brewery tour last weekend. There weren't many cars in the lot as it was Sunday. Parked down on the end by myself. When I left there was a Blazer parked right next to me. Like really.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote