Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #71
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
XANTHOS you are more than welcome to run with the BEST !...
Awesome!

With any luck I'll have the maxim fixed up by April and be able to take it to C5fest instead.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #72
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
If you guys want to we can look into trying to make it to Memphis on Sunday which is further than Birmingham and a shorter drive for us on Monday
+1 I need a short drive on Monday (or about equal as to sundays road time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Okay boys & girls.... I have a block of 10 ROOMS for us and, if we need more I can get them.
The room is $69.00 a night with tax and other charges.. Total is $78.66

They have parking for the guys with trailers, lot is lighted, and they have a police officer that she says patrols. I told her we would have a race police car to help get him there and his buddies a few more times during the night.
Cancelation is 30 days before to get money back.... this is because of the price I BEAT them down too.
XANTHOS you are more than welcome to run with the BEST !...

Okay... Wingate is the name of the hotel, you must tell them you are with the CAMARO5 group for this rate. 205-995-8586 ... credit card to hold room.
If anyone has a questiom PM me & I will give you my cell number or email you. !!!

Allen
Just reserved my room! Took the gal a few minutes to find the reservations.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #73
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
+1 I need a short drive on Monday (or about equal as to sundays road time)

Just reserved my room! Took the gal a few minutes to find the reservations.
When I called last night they wouldn't take mine....blamed it on an old computer system. I got transferred into the Manager's voicemail and she hasn't called me yet....grrrr!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #74
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
When I called last night they wouldn't take mine....blamed it on an old computer system. I got transferred into the Manager's voicemail and she hasn't called me yet....grrrr!
They still run PASCAL in Alabama
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #75
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
We just reserved our room. You might try again Abygale.

I plan on staying Sunday night somewhere, but do not know where. Depending on when we leave, I was thinking Memphis or Birmingham again. However, it could be somewhere entirely different. Sounds like the group might just make plans before we leave to come back or just probably see a good spot to stay as we are driving up there and stay there on the way back.
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #76
Abygale

Okay, I'm on the phone with the same gal I talked to last night, and this is so entertaining. I'm finally booked! Whew!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #77
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Great... coming alone very well...
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #78
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
You guys coming to the meet this Saturday? Lets try to get a good turnout and compete with the cities with 30+ at their Camaro meets.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #79
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
I had a short little story I wanted to share with yall, think you would get a kick.

I went by walgreens tonight to pick up a few things, as I turned into my neighborhood on my way home I noticed a jeep in my rear view mirror, no biggy, a guy at the end of my street drives one and I thought nothing of it. . .till it pulled into my driveway behind me, blocking me in. Now let me set this up by saying, I'm a 22 year old female, so to say the least. . .I was freaking out. This girl jumps out of the driver side, about the same age as me, just as perky as can be. . .she saw me pulling out of walgreens and had her boyfriend/husband follow me so that she could look inside my car. . .
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #80
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
i could only imagine what was going through your head

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 AM   #81
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Lock & Load !
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #82
Abygale

No doubt. I know these well wishers don't mean any harm, but they really need to realize how creepy that can appear to people....especially ladies. I'm glad it turned out okay for you.

I hope you guys have a great meeting on Saturday! For future reference do you guys have any problem with your neighbors to the north joining you? OKC is just a short two hour drive from Wichita. I actually took my car to Edmond to get the tinting done since Oklahoma has a Formula One dealer and Kansas doesn't. :(
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #83
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
No doubt. I know these well wishers don't mean any harm, but they really need to realize how creepy that can appear to people....especially ladies. I'm glad it turned out okay for you.

I hope you guys have a great meeting on Saturday! For future reference do you guys have any problem with your neighbors to the north joining you? OKC is just a short two hour drive from Wichita. I actually took my car to Edmond to get the tinting done since Oklahoma has a Formula One dealer and Kansas doesn't. :(
Aby... Feel free to join any time.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #84
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Quote:

Why would we mind?? Of course you can join us!
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote