Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
nvr2tall4camaro

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary LE
To order or wait, that is the question?

Need some advice from everyone or anyone willing. Local dealer in Central Florida says they have two car allocations left and I can build my own car and just make the deposit. Not a problem. Problem is they have made it clear that they are selling at $3000 over Msrp. What would you guys do? Order the car the way you want it, or just wait til the cars are on more lots next year and find a close match and save on the mark up? At this point it seems like an ordered car would only come a few months before they start hitting dealers in better numbers. What to do, what to do? Anyone know of a dealer in central florida not charging over MSRP with allocations left? Maybe I'll order a Bumble Bee.
nvr2tall4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Depends how bad you want/need this car..right now.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
Just wait if you can once this first bunch goes out they are going to be begging to sell you one. Better yet go to another dealer that will do it for MSRP an sit back and watch your dealer be part of the bankruptcy in a year or so for thief. and if everyone would do this we would be left with few honest dealers and that all we need.
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
jplayer

Drives: Grand Prix :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2tall4camaro View Post
Need some advice from everyone or anyone willing. Local dealer in Central Florida says they have two car allocations left and I can build my own car and just make the deposit. Not a problem. Problem is they have made it clear that they are selling at $3000 over Msrp. What would you guys do? Order the car the way you want it, or just wait til the cars are on more lots next year and find a close match and save on the mark up? At this point it seems like an ordered car would only come a few months before they start hitting dealers in better numbers. What to do, what to do? Anyone know of a dealer in central florida not charging over MSRP with allocations left? Maybe I'll order a Bumble Bee.

Wait it out.... I made it clear that I wasnt paying a dime over MSRP.

I woudl think that even if you were ridiculously loaded in 5 - 6 months when you start seeing them everywhere it will make you wish you had waited a little bit and save the loot..

Also.. I realize that the majority of buyers are not on camro5.com but if everyone would put their foot down about dealer markup and just hold out then it wouldnt happen. Paying the markup is a vote for them saying that what they are doing is right.. Do you think its right??
jplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:

Order, you'll be waiting anyway
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Bungo
check out Dimmit Chevrolet, we ordered ours through them. They don't charge over MSRP on Z06's and have extended that to all Camaro's as well. They would rather you return as a happy customer and not an unhappy one
Bungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
ThreeNineNine
2G1FB1EV6A9107522

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ThreeNineNine Send a message via MSN to ThreeNineNine
I see you're from Altamonte Springs. If you're talking about Classic Chevrolet, I wouldn't do it. I just got my car from them and it was the worst experience ever. My car's sticker price is 28,225 and they tried to tell me that the MSRP was 32,225, calling it a "premium" and saying that all dealers are doing it. This is after I had been told that the car would be around 28,100 back in April.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
nvr2tall4camaro

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeNineNine View Post
I see you're from Altamonte Springs. If you're talking about Classic Chevrolet, I wouldn't do it. I just got my car from them and it was the worst experience ever. My car's sticker price is 28,225 and they tried to tell me that the MSRP was 32,225, calling it a "premium" and saying that all dealers are doing it. This is after I had been told that the car would be around 28,100 back in April.
yea i saw the one is Classic showroom and had a good laugh at the $4000 premium they they put on the v6 with RS package. then they sent me an email and told me i could be the lucky person to buy it on at their release party. it was 2 weeks after i had seen it, so nobody had bought it in that time. Then they listed an V8 SS2 IO over at there other lot, Holler Chevy and told me it was sold of coarse but I can order and pay the $3000 over MSRP. waiting is looking better and better.

Classic gave me a hard time when i was looking for a used SUV, so i dont know why i keep going back thinking it will change. Thank god Bill Heard closed last year, I can only imagine what they would be doing to rip people off.
nvr2tall4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
Mmketeer

Drives: '99 Z28 Black w/ T-Tops
Quote:
That's horriable, my dealership isn't doing a mark up! I wouldn't pay that. Call Castriota Cheverolet over here in New Port Richey. I live about an hour and 20 min from Disney and the dealership over here from me is 20min, so it would be a drive to come over here, but I am sure it would be worth it. They sure saved us and I am about 90% sure they said they have more allocations in July and I wouldn't wait, I'd order now. I ordered on 5/11 and my 2ss/rs Black Camero is already in broadcast status and all we had to do is put down a $1000 deposit.
Mmketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
illestdomer2005

Drives: 1990 Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayer View Post
Wait it out.... I made it clear that I wasnt paying a dime over MSRP.

I woudl think that even if you were ridiculously loaded in 5 - 6 months when you start seeing them everywhere it will make you wish you had waited a little bit and save the loot..

Also.. I realize that the majority of buyers are not on camro5.com but if everyone would put their foot down about dealer markup and just hold out then it wouldnt happen. Paying the markup is a vote for them saying that what they are doing is right.. Do you think its right??
It's insane, right? Talk about tainting an otherwise outstanding move by GM in a sea of perpetual missteps. They release a car that looks amazing, performs really well, costs relatively little, and does it all with relatively fantastic gas mileage! Then these bonehead dealerships try to capitalize on one of the few truly inspired Chevy products of late and end up turning off a lot of people to the whole thing. It's bad enough that you had to wait this long since the thing was first announced. Now dealerships are going well beyond the STICKER price?!?!?

Even if I had the money such that an extra 5K was nothing to me, I'd still feel sick about playing their game. I hope they choke on them when the dust settles.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Wait, or find a dealer that will sell at MSRP or less. Do not pay over sticker.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Tom Gibbs Chev. , Palm Coast Fl. selling at MSRP , Talk to Michael Busler , He is good ppl

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
illestdomer2005

Drives: 1990 Honda Accord
What I will be impressed with is a dealer selling a car that they have, not an order that may or may not come in by Christmas if placed today, for MSRP. Now, you might not even hear about it because it'll be gone by the time the first person comes to the dealership and realizes they have one in stock, but I guarantee you that they will get the best press around.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Went down to our local dealer and talked to a salesman last Friday.

I told him I wanted to order one and talked to him about the one they had and the ones they sold. He told us they were selling the ones in stock over MSRP because of supply and demand, the LT's were $1,500 over and the SS's were $2,500 over MSRP which still took me by suprise since they are making money at MSRP. They can't charge anything over MSRP on a special order that you place. They are making money off the deal. Don't forget about that thing called a dealer invoice which is about 2 grand less then the MSRP.
kga10734 is offline   Reply With Quote