Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #4985
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Congrats!!!! I know you are very excited! I was too but working through all the bugs can drive you to drinking. I can't wait to see it at the Fest this year. Be careful in that beast and we need lots of videos.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #4986
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Taking the beast to Cfest I presume? Can't wait to see it
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #4987
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

I can't wait to see it finally at HOME
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #4988
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you need to know where are the standard Camaro buttons are,, like headlight switch, door locks, hazard lights, trunk open, USB port feel free to ask...

There are no dumb questions for a new Camaro owner...
Hehe! I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #4989
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Congrats on getting the car back! cant wait to see some videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
For now, the BCM is bypassed for all base functions. That way the systems that are needed to run the car operate properly. But, we do know that the boost controller works very well...
If the BCM is still bypassed does that mean no gauges? i thought that was why you were trying to incorporate that computer back into the system was to use the factory gauges. So did NRE wire in some stand alone gauges?

Also can we start a petition to get the SST another spot on the car of the week since mostly it is a whole new car?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #4990
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Congrats man it finally goes back home,
And I missed the final run LOL so not cool
once again nice meeting you and have fun finally!!
I tried and tried to get you in there for the test runs. They ended up doing the heavy duty runs in "remote areas" Saturday and Sunday afternoon / evening. From what I heard, it was pretty hairy. Let's just say if you were in there, you would have had to change your shorts. I think they did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Bruce, did you end up buying another camaro just to drive that you aren't telling us about????
Funny you mention that. I had to RENT a black Camaro to take to C5Fest II, and after I told them the SST story, they felt bad and gave me the rental at a huge discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
B.

I'm so happy to hear the Beast is on the way East... That is awesome... You have waited a long time and I have no doubt the results will be worth it...

Congrats on the pending delivery of your newest child...
Thank You Dr. R ! And am so glad you are enjoying the "tuning" phase of your maturing child - Brandi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you need to know where are the standard Camaro buttons are,, like headlight switch, door locks, hazard lights, trunk open, USB port feel free to ask...

There are no dumb questions for a new Camaro owner...
You are an evil man. I almost peed myself.

So, where does the key go? Do I really need one now ? You had me at "Door Handle".

I am instructing my son to turn that Indy 500 Hot Wheel you signed into a VooDoo doll. Make it look like #23 and put a smoke bomb under it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Oh crap I almost woke the kids up...
You crapped which woke your kids up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
x2
he only had it for what... a week?
Hey now, it was pushing almost twelve days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post

What are you going to do first when it arrives?
Cry. Bond with it. Sit in the driver's seat and make engine noises. Idle it overnight just so we know it is nearby when we sleep... You know things Camaro 5 owners here do.

I hope it involves a gopro First, just need to drive and get familiar with so many systems... Each car has a unique personality. So far this is somewhere between Rip Van Winkle and The Hulk.

Then get the new Lower Control Arms so we can mount the 345's. Then GoPro/Speedworld (60' times) and the long road of suspension tuning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Buddy I was not going to comment til I knew SST was rolling towards Florida. Didn't want to jinx anything. But sounds like a done deal. So all I can say is congrats man. You were so patient in this deal. Myself I would have gone crazy by now. I hate not being in control of stuff. Enjoy. I'm hoisting a KOKO Brown from Green Stone Brewing in your honor.

Thanks B !! And guess what? Just last weekend went over to a friends house for dinner. Hadn't seen them in ages. I has stashed the last two bottles of pumpkin beer in the back of the fridge and brought them over so that we could each have one. Damn I love that stuff !! Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
Congrats!!!! I know you are very excited! I was too but working through all the bugs can drive you to drinking. I can't wait to see it at the Fest this year. Be careful in that beast and we need lots of videos.
Thanks so much. I have been so envious of your monster - you have been able to really drive and enjoy that killer power...

With regards to the videos - I wish I had some of the 'classified' videos from this past weekend but that isn't going to happen, it was a little much for prime time. We will make a few videos here over the next week or two. See if we can make them worthy of posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Taking the beast to Cfest I presume? Can't wait to see it
I almost hate to say it, but it's a 50/50 chance for the fest this year. Timing makes is tricky to say the least. We are efforting ways to make it all work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

I can't wait to see it finally at HOME
Thanks D! It's been a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng road as you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Hehe! I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard!
So you spewed coffee, I almost peed myself, and GTA crapped and woke up his kids...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Congrats on getting the car back! cant wait to see some videos

We will try to get some videos worthy of posting here.

If the BCM is still bypassed does that mean no gauges? i thought that was why you were trying to incorporate that computer back into the system was to use the factory gauges. So did NRE wire in some stand alone gauges?

The SST has a full data logging system with everything you can think of. Obviously we still want the factory speedo and other gauges but they really aren't necessary. Kind of like the factory seats. There are many lighter aftermarket options, but factory is cool. Will eventually get the BCM figured out, but at a leisurely pace...

Also can we start a petition to get the SST another spot on the car of the week since mostly it is a whole new car?
Too funny. Just happy to be a part of this great Camaro 5 community.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #4991
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I didn't crap myself...

I may have farted from trying not to laugh out loud...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #4992
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I didn't crap myself...

I may have farted from trying not to laugh out loud...

Ahh, the Barking Spider fart... that's what woke the kids...
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #4993
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just trying to help a brotha out and people are crapping and spitting all over the place.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #4994
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ahh, the Barking Spider fart... that's what woke the kids...
That was my story to the wife, anyway.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #4995
speedster
SST...

OK. NRE just called and said they will have a few crazy videos that will be posted in the next two weeks... Can't wait to see those.

Plus the SST goes to the Huntington Beach early tomorrow for the studio shots, so there may be a few decent pics in the meantime. Then its back to NRE for the transport pickup.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #4996
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Quote:
I tried and tried to get you in there for the test runs. They ended up doing the heavy duty runs in "remote areas" Saturday and Sunday afternoon / evening. From what I heard, it was pretty hairy. Let's just say if you were in there, you would have had to change your shorts. I think they did...
I know its all good, Congrats on finally getting it back man and ill go return my extra pair of shorts I bought
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #4997
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
I know its all good, Congrats on finally getting it back man and ill go return my extra pair of shorts I bought

Well, there is one thing I can do. Let me find out when Tom is going to take out one of his other creations and I will do my best to you get a terror ride.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #4998
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Ill be in clearwater july 9th thru the 15th... you wont be anywhere close will you? I would love to see this beast.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo