Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
4 months down the road and got my first ding

I had to drive into Abu Dhabi today for a meeting and managed to find a parking spot at the end of a row. Parked as close to the left hand kerb as I could leaving plenty of room between myself and the white line.

An hour later I come out of my meeting to find some douche has parked with his Escalade half in my spot. Check the passenger door and there is a nice dent there with paint chipped off, most of which is stuck to the edge of his door.

Now over here you can't get any repairs done without a accident report from the authorities. I call the police and 15 minutes later the accident folks turn up, they call the owner (one of the advantages of living in a police state).
He comes out and admits responsibility and I get a nice little report for my insurers to claim all costs from his.

Now the dent is only small but the car was pristine so I will insist it is put back to the original condition. Just hope the local GM dealer has good bodyshop guys and they can get the paint to match.

To be honest I'm amazed I've survived so long with no marks on the car, the roads are full of debris, people here drive crazy and a good portion of them appear to have no respect for other folks property.
balagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by balagan View Post
I had to drive into Abu Dhabi today for a meeting and managed to find a parking spot at the end of a row. Parked as close to the left hand kerb as I could leaving plenty of room between myself and the white line.

An hour later I come out of my meeting to find some douche has parked with his Escalade half in my spot. Check the passenger door and there is a nice dent there with paint chipped off, most of which is stuck to the edge of his door.

Now over here you can't get any repairs done without a accident report from the authorities. I call the police and 15 minutes later the accident folks turn up, they call the owner (one of the advantages of living in a police state).
He comes out and admits responsibility and I get a nice little report for my insurers to claim all costs from his.

Now the dent is only small but the car was pristine so I will insist it is put back to the original condition. Just hope the local GM dealer has good bodyshop guys and they can get the paint to match.

To be honest I'm amazed I've survived so long with no marks on the car, the roads are full of debris, people here drive crazy and a good portion of them appear to have no respect for other folks property.
cool that your Camaro is going to get fixed, that must be scary dangerous living in a state without police.