Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
madmike2c

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Yes, I alreawdy have a Summit White w/IOM stripes, I was looking more toward vendors or stores. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the kind words of support. I am heading home very shortly to reunite with my wife and kids and starting to improve my camaro. Thanks again!!
madmike2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #16
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
As a disabled vet myself I always appreciate vendors and establishments who recognize those who serve, but I can't help being a little put off when the discount is for Active Duty only, especially when we see all those poor disabled Vietnam vets who, in my opinion deserve far more recognition than they got. Thanks to you guys who give back to the veterans who have completed their service as well as those still serving!
Tib
Not sure who has that policy but we sure don't. All a person need do is ask and we are glad to help. Both my grandfathers were in WWII, one in Germany and France the other China and India. My dad served as well in the 60's and well I was rejected for health reasons in the early 80's from the Marines but we garner a high respect for those who serve or served our country. I know you guys in Vietnam got a real bad deal and I support the Vietnam Vets Fund as well once a year. If there is anything you need just call me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Here is a flag from a staff car from the one who was in Germany, all the guys in his squad signed it. Harry Conley (rip) top right was his name.

Yes we honor retired as well
Attached Images

Last edited by CC Performance; 02-03-2011 at 12:59 AM.
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #17
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
doesnt work for retired
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I sure wish I had been able to get the Military Discount when I purchased my car. The discount was not extended to Retired Veterans until much later. Maybe a retro-active discount/refund would be Good to extend to THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED.

Walt B.
OS1(SW)
USN (Ret.)

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
honestly most places you just need to ask. Most places if they don't "officially" offer one, are more than willing to work something out with you.

2d Lt. USAF
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Alot of performance shops offer military discounts also. I know for a fact that 21st Centreury Muscle Cars in Dallas offers a military discount for parts and installs. Don't be embarrased just ask. If they say they don't then just say oh well can't blame a guy for asking. Heck even Lowes offers a military discount.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #21
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike2c View Post
I am almost embarrassed to ask this, but I will anyway. Due to the fact that my military brothers and sisters and myself don't really make a whole lot of money, I was wondering what companies out there that offer a military discount. This is in no way a sob story or request for a hand out. The military does give you what you need to survive and have a comfortable life. I am just wondering what companies support the military with discounts to improve thier fifth gen cars. Thank you for your input in advance.
I'm retired Navy and when I ordered my car, Iinsured it threw USAA insurance company. They give me a discount for being being in the military. Plus the dealership gave me a discount for being in the military.
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #22
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike2c View Post
Yes, I alreawdy have a Summit White w/IOM stripes, I was looking more toward vendors or stores. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the kind words of support. I am heading home very shortly to reunite with my wife and kids and starting to improve my camaro. Thanks again!!
Still, Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet has all GM parts for the Camaros and just got in th new BLADE spoilers as well
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
If you bank with USAA you can get a pretty decent discount with them in addition to a normal military discount. You just have to use their Car Buying Service which isn't hard to use. Just a quick look and I found a LS for 2 grand off MSRP, then I'm sure you can apply a military discount and maybe even get the dealer to come off a bit more if you are good with haggling. Plus USAA has really good rates if you choose to finance with them. If you aren't using USAA, first of all.. you should ;-) but yea.. if there's a will, theres a way.

Appreciate your service, can't wait till I go active this Summer

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #24
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
I think I may have misrepresented myself by accident, I'm not a Vietname era vet, I just feel for them as a group. I was a SAC trained killer (well, not much of a killer as I was pretty much glued to a desk) starting back in '87, doing personnel and mobilizing friends left and right for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. After a while I became a programmer for the Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff, working on the nuclear war plan for the country, doing this through the end of the cold war. The day we had a Russian General and his staff tour the SAC underground was a weird day for me! Anyhow more adventures awaited, but I'm getting OT.

My Grandfather was in the Italian army in WWI, but was pretty fed up with the direction things were heading, so he came to the U.S. and was in the army fighting in WWII, though I don't know the details, he never discussed it.

In any case, I want to thank you guys who served, and those who honor our service with your words and deeds. It's great to see politics taking a back seat to patriotism when it comes to the men and women who stand or have stood up to be counted when their country called upon them.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #25
Penaw001

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Still, Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet has all GM parts for the Camaros and just got in th new BLADE spoilers as well
Penaw001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
CamaroStrong
Central Coast Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/2007 Escalade ESV
Found out if you call and order from westcoastcamaro.com and ask for a military discount you get 10% off. And thanks for your service, just hit 6 years yesterday in the Air Force and I have 14 more to go!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
JWild

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
Anybody know of any tire or wheel shops that offer a military discount?
JWild is offline   Reply With Quote